What's new

Thank God California voted to keep government out of pot

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cyberwax

i think i would rather be taxed on weed that i bought, than being so paranoid to smoke the weed i grew that the anxiety i smoke it to relieve is actually worsened by the thoughts of going to prison and getting raped in the ass with a shank.

That why you never should grow more than you could fit in your ass.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
IM EXSTATIC KAMALA HARRIS WON AND NOT COOLEY AS ATTORNEY GENERAL!!!!
VICTORY FOR ALL MED PATIENTS!!!

they are still counting the mail-in ballots and its looking like cooley will be the winner... but im really hoping he loses.

edit:::: i just checked the results. cooley is now ahead by 17,000 votes. FUCK

everyone gave me shit for not voting LIB. i told them it would be a wasted vote. if we could have gotten those 200k LIB votes for harris than we wouldnt have this close contest... and cooley wouldnt be the AG.

to those that say there is no wasted vote. thank you. now the most anti-mj advocate is now our AG...

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Yeah cuz the last thing the MJ movements needs is to become legal
Fuc'n Californian seniors screwed us all.
At least we saw the YOUTH finally rally around a cause, shit it took MJ to get the voters out, kinda says good things for the future.
Once the Harper Gov't is out of Canada we'll have a fighting chance to legalize MJ up North

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you do realize that the 'gun/drug task force' and SWAT teams that break down your door are 'government' too, right? the jails housing scads of folks doing what we're doing? yah. that's government as well.

to act like they're not ass deep in it currently is not only naive, it borders on deliberately ignorant. you'd have to actually try to be that far off base.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
At least we saw the YOUTH finally rally around a cause, shit it took MJ to get the voters out, kinda says good things for the future.
Once the Harper Gov't is out of Canada we'll have a fighting chance to legalize MJ up North
yea I quoted myself what...

RetroGrow

Veteran

My understanding was that the youth vote did NOT come out and vote. Someone posted a statistic that a very small percentage of 18-25 year olds came out to vote. Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was tiny. They are too busy wasting their time on Facebook, Twitter, video games and their cell phones to bother to vote. If we had a large youth vote, the bill would have passed.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
You know what the messed up part about this thread is? Even though I clearly put "/sarcasm" at the end of my first post

I was just about to write a response when I saw that at the end. Take it from me, sarcasm doesn't go over too well around here. Nor does subtlety.

You do make a good point. Anybody that thinks the failure of Prop 19 will keep the government out of the cannabis industry has obviously never been arrested for it. I guess those that didn't want government intrusion in the form of taxes prefer government intrusion in the form of arrests, incarceration, and criminal records. Yeah, that's definitely the lessor of two evils. (That last sentence was sarcasm.)

So, California is so lucky to still be able to grow/consume.... Until the righties take this win and run with it to the point they close shop. ;)

I for one would have liked it to be passed, taxed, and let it go through the basis.... When the U.S. saw how much money they made off taxing this substance it would have been legalized nationwide. This in turn would have led to mass production for everyone who is too lazy to grow themselves, in turn a price war would have started prices would have dropped... only the hard working growers out there would have been able to make a living out of it (IMO the ones who deserve to stay in the business)... The economy would have done a 180, we would have money for education, HEALTH Care, this and that and this and that.... But, the growers/stoners were either A. To lazy to go vote or B. too selfish to not see the whole picture to go vote and think it was just the government trying to step in. People who didn't want to see their fortunes taken by the government. The growers who knew they couldn't hack up and pick up there game to stay above water in the growing business.

Instead we will just have higher income taxes to support this economy instead of a small chunk of your profits. So, with that income tax you will still have your profits taxed.... Just not directly through the pot... And I only hope this doesn't turn the table and start eating away the ground that has been fought for to take for so long.

I am sorry for this rant and for those it may offend, but I wasn't able to vote for a piece of legislation this significant could have been landmark in the world of legalization on a national scale, so I hope to all those that didn't get up and vote or voted no... I hope you take into some consideration everyone else next time.....

Huggie bear

If you really believe you will ever get legalization without taxation your sorely mistaken.
Its easier to amend a law then pass one is all I will say

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
With it legal anyone could open a cafe and flourish. If I am paying over a million in taxes a year then I must be make BANK!!!! I could have 946720467 warehouses filled with weed and its all legal. The right to bear arms IN THE GARDEN would not be looked at so harshly. Plus the economy would NOT be ruined at all. Legalizing would create a million jobs and start getting money flowing again. Survival of the fittest!!!! If Marlboro wanted to pay me(or any other grower for that matter)big amounts of money to grow weed in their million dollar facility who is gonna really turn that down?

Just like with alcohol,u have your mass producers(miller,coors,budweiser) you have your big massive wine producers(gallo,delicato,diageo) then u have your smaller more refined wines and better import beers which cost considerably more then the mass producers. But it is worth the extra dollar because it is better. There are whino`s and drunks and real wine connoiseurs......same will be with this...u have potheads and u have real marijuna connoiseurs

Status
Not open for further replies.