What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai's Blooper Reel

thailer

well the guy i've been giving my genetics to for safe keeping just told me i've had mites for a while which is weird since i haven't seen them and i don't spray so i figured they would pop up and make themselves known eventually.

i have this stoner idea though and was curious if anyone has seen someone build something like this before. its basically a giant manifold like a cloner system using pvc pipe like a grid so it supports plants but also can mist them with brass fittings. i could make a pvc grid system so the plants could grow up into it and there would be a pvc grid every foot or so. just like a trellis net would double decker support. people make these pvc scrog net frames but could you also use the pvc to make squares like a net but it could spray your undersides of leaves every foot tall. i would just need to get a pump to spray a hard enough for the vertical height needed for each pvc system. i probably sound super high to some but i can not fit inside the room when its full of plants and i can not move plants out of the room so it would be a way to spray on the regular and i could do everything from outside the room.

gizmo666

i have seen a thread where the grower had built his watering system through his trellis setup i'm sure he used a tank outside his tent and ran the water with a small pump through the system
as a plumber myself making up a system like that would be relatively easy using a storage tank outside make the trellis from 22mm polypipe(cheap pushfit easy to install)connect that to your tank via the pump add spray nozzles(simple self threading) and away you go
please excuse the image but it gives an idea what i mean
picture.php

thailer

i didn't consider using other types of piping as i am only familiar with PVC and only vaguely at that lol

would that be simple for someone who isn't mechanically inclined or have lots of tools to make themselves? the pvc X connectors for each part of the grid would be stupid expensive. i bought some to make a small trellis and ended up returning what i could when i was disappointed.

gizmo666

just noticed your location
in the uk that stuff is as cheap as
and yea a blind monkey on dope could put that together polypipe(pvc) is probably the easiest stuff to work with basicly cut it to size and pushit together
fittings needed would be
22mm pipe depends on room size how much you'll need
22mm tee's 6
22mm blanck caps 3
22mm 90o bends 5
22mm tank connector
plastic tank or big bucket
12 nozzles
small fountain pump or aquarium pump its not going to need much pressure behind it
hacksaw tapemeasure
yea it would be pretty easy

Fitzera

Thats a unique idea and seems like it would work. My only suggestion would be to put in a check valve after the pump so it's not having to fill all the piping each time. But that said, if it stayed full would the emitters on the lower level(s) leak from the hydrostatic pressure? Hmm

gizmo666

Thats a unique idea and seems like it would work. My only suggestion would be to put in a check valve after the pump so it's not having to fill all the piping each time. But that said, if it stayed full would the emitters on the lower level(s) leak from the hydrostatic pressure? Hmm
mmm possible back syphoning i would'nt think there would be enough pressure to cause any problems as the tank would be on low level
but yea a non return valve between the trellis and pump would solve that
good thinking fitzera

thailer

i was thinking a pump for each level with it a bucket reservoir for every level but one pump to spray everything at once for a second or two when i wanted would be a lot better. the plant leaves would get heavy on the first manifold that turned on and might not be as good of coverage than if it got a surprise splash everywhere at the same time. wouldn't all the emitters spray at the same time or would one level turn on first while the second level fills up?

Fitzera

i was thinking a pump for each level with it a bucket reservoir for every level but one pump to spray everything at once for a second or two when i wanted would be a lot better. the plant leaves would get heavy on the first manifold that turned on and might not be as good of coverage than if it got a surprise splash everywhere at the same time. wouldn't all the emitters spray at the same time or would one level turn on first while the second level fills up?

That is where my mind was...I havent used emitters yet (havent built my cloner yet) so im unsure how much pressure is required for them to spray.
My concern was that the lower level emitters would be spraying before the top was full, in a multi layer system.

I over think everything though, so....

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
have you looked into those foggers I see folks using for IPM? they seem to work for some distance but not sure exactly how far. I can’t think of the name brand right now. woodshed makes an adaptor for them if you follow him

thailer

That is where my mind was...I havent used emitters yet (havent built my cloner yet) so im unsure how much pressure is required for them to spray.
My concern was that the lower level emitters would be spraying before the top was full, in a multi layer system.

I over think everything though, so....

yeah i think that one pump to operate all the tiers wouldn't be enough or work right. i could use one big reservoir and put each pump for each tier inside and turn all the pumps on at once using a power strip. i don't think that would get them to turn on simultaneously but it would be pretty close.

thailer

have you looked into those foggers I see folks using for IPM? they seem to work for some distance but not sure exactly how far. I can’t think of the name brand right now. woodshed makes an adaptor for them if you follow him

i haven't bought a hudson fogger because it is pretty powerful like you mentioned but it also in the product reviews, people mentioned that the design sucked and the cap or something broke off forcing them to purchase a new unit or jimmy rig a new way to close it up.

i've bought a couple paint prayers that are handheld small versions that container their own air compressor and those are pretty nice for smaller plants except they can't be held upside down or at an angle because the tube that sucks the pesticide out, sucks from the bottom of the container so it sucks up air if the water level gets low. also some foggers don't pierce through the fuzzy undersides so the leaves don't get saturated fully due to lack of power. plus they don't hold a lot of liquid so there are some downsides.

however foggers are amazing for using the least amount of pesticide gallons and get better coverage. it is so much cheaper to use one when you are mixing up a lot because you have to spray a bunch of plants. the misting system that gave me the idea is like a fogger.

thailer

this jack herer is ugly and i think it wants a lighter feed soil, warmer weather and more humidity but hot damn she is stinking up the grow room with seven up soda smells! honestly i really wish i could keep her. every time i open the door which is right next to her, i get a big whiff. i know i can reveg her if i wanted. the soil mix she is in amazingly is Root Organic Greenfield with a half cup of kelp and neem meal and i added a couple gallons of EWC. water only.

these pics looked great on my phone but after rescaling them and uploading it to icmag, they are not crisp like they once were? instagram algorithm is trolling me and i haven't been able to upload any pot pics since christmas time. i've been telling people that i'm doing a photo dump and to check it out here instead. how is everyone getting these bomb ass pics uploaded? ugh

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thailer

MAC1 first, then afterwards is Orange Apricot Mac. they're all in KIS Soil and yellowed out early.

picture.php

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this jack herer is ugly and i think it wants a lighter feed soil, warmer weather and more humidity but hot damn she is stinking up the grow room with seven up soda smells! honestly i really wish i could keep her. every time i open the door which is right next to her, i get a big whiff. i know i can reveg her if i wanted. the soil mix she is in amazingly is Root Organic Greenfield with a half cup of kelp and neem meal and i added a couple gallons of EWC. water only.

these pics looked great on my phone but after rescaling them and uploading it to icmag, they are not crisp like they once were? instagram algorithm is trolling me and i haven't been able to upload any pot pics since christmas time. i've been telling people that i'm doing a photo dump and to check it out here instead. how is everyone getting these bomb ass pics uploaded? ugh

View Image
View Image
View Image

I was using a Samsung galaxy now I’m using an iPhone & both times I got better resolution when I programmed the camera phone to take the pictures the lowest size so I can upload them directly without the scaling them down , I don’t know if that will help you :tiphat:

thailer

I was using a Samsung galaxy now I’m using an iPhone & both times I got better resolution when I programmed the camera phone to take the pictures the lowest size so I can upload them directly without the scaling them down , I don’t know if that will help you :tiphat:

are you changing that in settings on your iphone?

i am not directly uploading from my phone onto icmag. i am emailing the pics to myself and uploading on my computer. when i send the email from my phone, it asks what size i want to send and i have tried to send them a smaller sie and when i upload that, the results are worse than when i send them the big size and resize it on my computer before i upload it to icmag. is this that you're talking about?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Using a p30 Pro
I just upload the pics to my computer then put them in the album lol

are you changing that in settings on your iphone?

i am not directly uploading from my phone onto icmag. i am emailing the pics to myself and uploading on my computer. when i send the email from my phone, it asks what size i want to send and i have tried to send them a smaller sie and when i upload that, the results are worse than when i send them the big size and resize it on my computer before i upload it to icmag. is this that you're talking about?

I don’t know anything , but you might be losing some resolution by email and the pictures to yourself, I set the phone camera to take pictures for lower size and then upload them directly to my albums and then link from my albums

thailer

i apparently do not remember my correct password. i thought i knew what it was but its not that.

thailer

i really like my idea but it is gonna be expensive due to all the connectors, pumps and what if it leaks? plus it isn't going to cover all the branches so some won't get sprayed. i dunno if it is feasible.

are there other foggers out that people like to use that aren't also the price of a monthly car payment? lol small beans over here.

i see woodshed is doing stuff for petra. heard someone else liking them too.

thailer

so i am considering getting the Petra fogger but for now i don't need something that big because they're just itty bitty clones. i just want to look around a little longer and read reviews since it's a new product and its $230.

also, TL;DR grower friend left his mean dog out on purpose and got the shit scared outta me

man, so i know this grower who doesn't have many connections so he doesn't get plants from anyone but me leaving his garden clean of bugs. i could leave my genetics there and he doesn't like to cull anything so its like a library of all my old stuff. i messaged him asking for cuts of plants because i got spider mites. he wrote back saying sure thing and he just took cuts of one strain i asked for and could get some of the mac1. i am stoked because i want to just toss everything and clean my room i put these new cuts in. i look on my plants and i don't see mites so i think the light i brought in from outside that i didn't clean off brought them inside as the new clone looks clean to me. i feel like it is an isolated incident.

so the guy starts telling me advice like you have to spray every 3 days and i write back yeah i know and i thanks for the clones. the advice tho keeps coming and he says i have had mites since last summer...oh really because i haven't found any...but he insists i am not actually looking at my plants. i inform him i do look at my plants but i can't see mites with my bare eyes anymore because i'm getting older and i look under a scope when i find anything out of sync and i don't find shit. he tells me i must not be looking hard enough because he swears i've had spider mites for six months. if spider mites were there for that long i am certain i would've known since i do not spray plants for IPM or anything. i really don't see the point of arguing and replied back, OK i will look harder next time. i went to sleep and woke up to a bunch more messages with him saying i need to buy beneficial bugs weekly and that is the only cure.

wow. i wrote back telling him i am not spending upwards of $75-100 a week on bugs to battle my mites and would rather spend that money on spray which i feel is more effective and short of going back and forth telling you guys what this dude said, in short, i am an idiot for not believing what sources he learns from. i told him the conversation was going no where and i am coming over to pick up my flower pots so we can talk face to face. he told me to show up at 3:30pm and i arrived at 3:40pm. his yard is fully fenced in chain link with a shrub that grows tall through the chain link fence so you can't see the fence any longer. there is one area they have a gate so someone can drive into the yard so its about five feet tall and the only spot you can look over the fence. the gate is a two gate POS that is chained together so it won't swing open. i was standing here about a foot away from it. normally his dog is inside because he said it is not friendly and can't be around me. today though that guy had it outside when i got there. the dog can't see over the fence but was barking at the spot my car was parked at no clue i was twenty feet away at the gate texting him to come outside. he comes outside and just stares across the yard as the dog realizes i am there when i say hello. it happened so quickly the dog went straight for the wobbly gate and leapt up with its face right in mine shaking the gate as it bent my way. nearly pissed myself scrambling back towards safety.

i figure the guy might have forgot to put it away and i tell him his dog rattled me and he didn't say sorry. he didn't say it wouldn't happen again. he only said, Good it was doing what it was supposed to do. so weird because i do not talk about my dog referring to her as an "it" and if i forgot to put her away or she did something bad, i would be embarassed for her behavior. the way the guy watched what happened and then afterwards called the dog off so casually and what he said...i feel like it was on purpose because i wanted to discuss our argument face to face. by the time i make this connection i am stepping inside this outbuilding where he hands me the empty pots to the $350 seeds i asked him to hold onto while i build out this new space and in return for running them, i just want the keeper cut. free genetics for him to grow and have fun with and i can get a keeper cut out of the deal while i paid for them. this old agreement was considered fair and i hope he still honors it but he was busy taking the plants out of the pots before i arrived and handed me dirty pots back.

So he goes on about how he had mites for a long time and then got beneficial bugs which made them go away along with this special mineral oil spray sold by suzanne wainwright which doesn't smother but instead dissolves exoskeletons. swears its way better than my JMS stylet oil which i don't really believe and i am telling him i have it all covered and that i don't really want advice because i've dealt with mites before but thanks for trying to help.

then this four year old grower tells me that maybe i am growing in too big of space and expanding too quickly for my abilities and honestly that is when i lost my cool. my voice got low and quiet while i tried to keep my breathing low so my heart wouldn't pump out of my chest and i said, "i feel like you are talking down to me. i have been growing twice as long as you and i am fully capable of handling this. i am gonna go now." and he said he wasn't talking down to me and then said whatever ***** and opened the door to check to make sure the dog was in the house still before fully opening it to let me out of the shed.

Latest posts

Latest posts