What's new

Thai

Keif Cake

Veteran
The beast is really making nice resins already @Keif Cake totally old school green Thai look! :)
The other seems a wilder, stretchier, longer flowering type, an interesting expressing showing extreme NLD traits in early flowering, while the main leaves have a Yunnanese, more indica look.
I was thinking she looked like the perfect representation of what i picture a Thai to be, and i love learning more about the characteristics and genetics

funkyhorse

Hola Dubi
Thanks for school us on the cob making @funkyhorse hope they turn out great for you! It's really interesting to learn on the different ways cannabis is consumed depending on the culture and geographical area. An uruguayan friend used to tell me stories about the paraguayan brick and how some lots were really good, Paraguayan genetics used to be highly related to Colombian sativa genetics, from red to golds. He liked to smoke those pure, tiny green joints you comment, but i never developed much taste for consuming flowers in that way, too much heat and oil.

Here in Europe we have a long tradition of Moroccan hash comsuming mixed with tobacco, that's how most people got started with cannabis here in the last decades of past century, that's why many Europeans also smoke flowers with tobacco, but since cannabis growing for flowers got spread much more this century in Europe there are more and more purists smoking only green, and vaping is quickly gaining followers, especialy among medical users and most knowledgeable cannabis lovers.
Anthropological cannabis is a very interesting subject
In the 80s I was travelling between southamerica and Middle East
In northern europe I smoked lebanese hash. I also got the chance to smoke some of the famous jet black afghan hash but I didnt like it as much as the lebanese, but I always craved for the trippy southamerican sativas of that time.
I am sure I have same taste as your uruguayan friend or any other native of the Rio de la Plata
The paraguayan and colombian of the 90s are related because both have been hybridized by then with the same skunk/white widow dutch weed, the rioplatense experience in the 80s was very different regarding ganja before strains got hybridized, the preround up world had the best food quality which was lost too due to hybridization and agrotoxic practices

The gold never arrived to Rio de la Plata, what young colombians are bringing now 2023 as colombian gold smokes and hits like Amnesia or any other dutch coffee shop weed
What I grew coming from Europe CG72 smokes like paraguayan of the 2000's, 2 hour high not trippy
and Coljam is CG80 that is indica for me and nothing like that ever arrived to Rio de la Plata, I only heard about the gold for the first time here reading Icmag when I started growing
The only strain that arrived to Rio de la Plata from Colombia in the 80s was Punto Rojo and the plants growing from that were thinner leaf than Seedsman Hz or Oldtimer Haze, whatever I see today growing under a Punto Rojo tag is all fat leaf Punto Rojo and probably with a degraded high more like the 2 hour thing all southamerican ganja turned into which has nothing to do with the high of the 80s.

The paraguayan had many leaflets, very easy to distinguish from the colombian Punto Rojo. You knew the potency of the paraguayan plant by the number of leaflets on fan leaves, the more leaflets, the stronger it was. The good ones had between 13 and 21 leaflets per leaf looking like a palm tree leaf. This trait was lost with hybridization and high got washed away
Both Punto Rojo 80s and paraguayan 80s were 3 toke weed, minimum 3 hours trippy high which was instantly recognizable in your face, it was very difficult to impossible to hide from others you were very high and tripping. Smoking artifacts of that era like tuqueras(roach smoking artifacts) are a thing of the past

The best batches of paraguayan 80s were very sticky and rubbery brick
Thaidelica is very sticky. It made charas while handling it
Will I be able to recreate something close to the high of the 80s with whatever is available today is what motivates me to grow all these plants and we live only once and I want to try all of the ganja available
Grinspoon buds are special for brick, and super sticky grinspoon buds like this Thaidelica really is promising good results
Thaidelica vegbox brick (1).jpeg
Thaidelica vegbox brick (2).jpeg
Thaidelica vegbox brick (3).jpeg

Thaidelica is a lot more difficult to grow than pure Thai for me. Not easy to keep Thaidelicas happy in 20 liter pots
Thais like the weather here, they feel quite at home at another river basin and they seem not to mind the low minimum temperatures
This is the lowest branch of the top half of Thaidelica vegbox at around 2,20 meters high.
She might be ready around the same time the first faster thais will be ready if she wont rot or something like that
I will make more brick from the top, I wonder if the brick will come out as sticky as the bud
Thaidelica vegbox (4).jpeg
Thaidelica vegbox (5).jpeg

funkyhorse

I have one purple as well
So far it is one out of 10
These are 2 the lowest branches, the plant is a huge 3 meter beast, cant picture the top buds
Purple Thai (1).jpeg
Purple Thai (2).jpeg
Purple Thai (3).jpeg

These are 2 other lowest branch buds from 2 different sisters
Thai ACE (1).jpeg
Thai ACE (5).jpeg

This is Mong Hsat from ILE, very different from the cousins across the border and looks it is going to be flowering all winter
Mong Hsat (9).jpeg
Mong Hsat (10).jpeg
Mong Hsat (11).jpeg

Have a nice week everybody

Mimpi Manis

Hola Dubi

Anthropological cannabis is a very interesting subject
In the 80s I was travelling between southamerica and Middle East
In northern europe I smoked lebanese hash. I also got the chance to smoke some of the famous jet black afghan hash but I didnt like it as much as the lebanese, but I always craved for the trippy southamerican sativas of that time.
I am sure I have same taste as your uruguayan friend or any other native of the Rio de la Plata
The paraguayan and colombian of the 90s are related because both have been hybridized by then with the same skunk/white widow dutch weed, the rioplatense experience in the 80s was very different regarding ganja before strains got hybridized, the preround up world had the best food quality which was lost too due to hybridization and agrotoxic practices

The gold never arrived to Rio de la Plata, what young colombians are bringing now 2023 as colombian gold smokes and hits like Amnesia or any other dutch coffee shop weed
What I grew coming from Europe CG72 smokes like paraguayan of the 2000's, 2 hour high not trippy
and Coljam is CG80 that is indica for me and nothing like that ever arrived to Rio de la Plata, I only heard about the gold for the first time here reading Icmag when I started growing
The only strain that arrived to Rio de la Plata from Colombia in the 80s was Punto Rojo and the plants growing from that were thinner leaf than Seedsman Hz or Oldtimer Haze, whatever I see today growing under a Punto Rojo tag is all fat leaf Punto Rojo and probably with a degraded high more like the 2 hour thing all southamerican ganja turned into which has nothing to do with the high of the 80s.

The paraguayan had many leaflets, very easy to distinguish from the colombian Punto Rojo. You knew the potency of the paraguayan plant by the number of leaflets on fan leaves, the more leaflets, the stronger it was. The good ones had between 13 and 21 leaflets per leaf looking like a palm tree leaf. This trait was lost with hybridization and high got washed away
Both Punto Rojo 80s and paraguayan 80s were 3 toke weed, minimum 3 hours trippy high which was instantly recognizable in your face, it was very difficult to impossible to hide from others you were very high and tripping. Smoking artifacts of that era like tuqueras(roach smoking artifacts) are a thing of the past

The best batches of paraguayan 80s were very sticky and rubbery brick
Thaidelica is very sticky. It made charas while handling it
Will I be able to recreate something close to the high of the 80s with whatever is available today is what motivates me to grow all these plants and we live only once and I want to try all of the ganja available
Grinspoon buds are special for brick, and super sticky grinspoon buds like this Thaidelica really is promising good results
View attachment 18843524 View attachment 18843525 View attachment 18843526
Thaidelica is a lot more difficult to grow than pure Thai for me. Not easy to keep Thaidelicas happy in 20 liter pots
Thais like the weather here, they feel quite at home at another river basin and they seem not to mind the low minimum temperatures
This is the lowest branch of the top half of Thaidelica vegbox at around 2,20 meters high.
She might be ready around the same time the first faster thais will be ready if she wont rot or something like that
I will make more brick from the top, I wonder if the brick will come out as sticky as the bud
View attachment 18843527 View attachment 18843528
Good post my friend. Not everyone takes the time. You're talking history man. Worth keeping. The Paraguay story mirrors the Thai one. Christ, the Thai out of there mid 70's was right out from the hand of God. (Turns out He/She is gay btw!). All the top stuff on sticks was golden light green. Slight crunchiness on breaking up. Rolling a racehorse only needed three good tokes each... then best stop. The moment gets seared into the brain for every time you got to partake any of these great sativa's. Even got killer weed in Singapore 1972. Came in brown paper rolls like bank low currency coins bundled up. Some of the strongest stuff I ever had. Flushed most of it down the toilet due to (historically credible) paranoia. I missed it every day in UK. Just sprinkle of hash in huge blobs of tobacco joints over there. Hideous! The KA5 I just had vape-mixed with C5/MangoxLaos (or vice versa) sure gets a man in the ballpark. More euphoria than trippy these new ones. Both very respectable examples of their types. The Thai of old was/is psychedelic. Electric stuff. It had a hyper reality quality. Could be a bit disconcerting if you weren't used to the ride. Quad bike more than Pink Cadillac at times . We never thought for a moment it would not be around further down the road? But I'm gettin' close.

Keif Cake

Veteran
I just molested one of the purple Thai buds and does she smell wonderful, she smells very very similar to this Double chocolate thai, im not sure how to describe it, but it certainly isn't lemony at all, much darker, richer, and like something you would want to bake with. I have good seed development going on, this is likely the direction i will head with the Ace Thai x Double chocolate thai cross, go in a different direction than most thai profiles available
20230525_215244.jpg

The Double Chocolate Thai

20230525_220644.jpg
20230525_220651.jpg

This is the lemony thai getting near finishing
20230525_215327.jpg

Attachments

• 20230525_215256.jpg
    20230525_215256.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230525_220701.jpg
    20230525_220701.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 20230525_220740.jpg
    20230525_220740.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 20230525_215327.jpg
    20230525_215327.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230525_215221.jpg
    20230525_215221.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 77
  • 20230525_215256.jpg
    20230525_215256.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71

Keif Cake

Veteran
It hurts my eyes trying to strain and view the ultra tiny trichomes on this big Thai, and trying to use the phone camera with a loupe didn't provide much assistance. The way they are packed in makes it even more difficult.
Looks like maybe 2 weeks left, certainly dont want to pull too early, and even if it finished this week, there are seeds that need probably another 2 weeks to finish development.

Im quite sure the Double Chocolate is finished right now, but i have seeds left in that one to develop, looks like thousands of seeds. Ill have more thai seeds than id ever know what to do with once 4 Thai's finish. Ill probably go back to pollinating by hand, instead of the bag on most lines. This is one of the only types available i dont mind having so many seeds of, the world needs all of the preserved Thai it can get.

20230530_213811.jpg
20230530_213923.jpg

RobFromTX

It hurts my eyes trying to strain and view the ultra tiny trichomes on this big Thai, and trying to use the phone camera with a loupe didn't provide much assistance. The way they are packed in makes it even more difficult.
Looks like maybe 2 weeks left, certainly dont want to pull too early, and even if it finished this week, there are seeds that need probably another 2 weeks to finish development.

Im quite sure the Double Chocolate is finished right now, but i have seeds left in that one to develop, looks like thousands of seeds. Ill have more thai seeds than id ever know what to do with once 4 Thai's finish. Ill probably go back to pollinating by hand, instead of the bag on most lines. This is one of the only types available i dont mind having so many seeds of, the world needs all of the preserved Thai it can get.

View attachment 18848213 View attachment 18848214
Great work man! Its listed as having a medium thc profile, i think 10-15%. One of the reasons i want to grow this strain.

Do you expect a pretty good yield?

Keif Cake

Veteran
Great work man! Its listed as having a medium thc profile, i think 10-15%. One of the reasons i want to grow this strain.

Do you expect a pretty good yield?
From this one i expect quite a nice yield. Then there is another that isnt going to yeild quite so nicely, and unless things change, the one with purple has the poorest structure and isn't going to yield a whole lot, hopefully the potency makes up for lack of production in that one.

Certainly ready to get this big thai out of the tent. The Super Panama Hazes and Zeniths could use a little extra room.

All 3 of which have a lot of seeds being developed.

RobFromTX

From this one i expect quite a nice yield. Then there is another that isnt going to yeild quite so nicely, and unless things change, the one with purple has the poorest structure and isn't going to yield a whole lot, hopefully the potency makes up for lack of production in that one.

Certainly ready to get this big thai out of the tent. The Super Panama Hazes and Zeniths could use a little extra room.

All 3 of which have a lot of seeds being developed.
She definitely is a stretcher. Make sure and post up some bud shots after she comes down ;)

Keif Cake

Veteran
She definitely is a stretcher. Make sure and post up some bud shots after she comes down ;)
I will be sure to do that! Almost never-ending stretch.

With all the seeds I'll have, not sure how long ill keep any of the cuts around, except for maybe the Double Chocolate, really interested in seeing how the offspring will be between the two Thai's.

MD84

I'm growing the remaining cocoa puff seeds that i have so this thread caught my attention. Thanks for sharing there is some helpful info. I too ended up with pure males when i sprouted the first half of the pack from Hazeman seeds. I did use it to make one or two 'hacks'. A few of which i'm growing out now like eskobars double choc x cocoa puffs and one with Fire og bx. Thankfully i've ended up with a few ladies this time. I'm yet to sex the CPuffs though. Fingers crossed for a lady this time....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Keif Cake apologies for not chime in earlier. Happy to see you got different expressions to evaluate from our pure Thai Chiang Mai. The purple Thais usually have different terpene profiles than the green expressions. Glad you also got a classic green lemony Thai for contrast.

The Double Chocolate Thai does indeed look like a hybrid. Sorry if it was mentioned earlier, what is the genetic composition of DCT ? Glad you are excited about the offspring coming from the crossing of both strains :)

One thing to take in consideration when pollinating pure Thais indoors. If the pure Thais are heavily pollinated too early when they are still stretching and barely forming first budsites, this will drastically stop new reflowerings and yield will be low, neither reaching their full potential for quality. In order to get the best from these pure Thais is necessary that they produce and accumulate all the reflowerings they need.

On the positive side of things, you will be able to harvest a good amount of heatlhy seeds without need to wait 4 months (or more ) of flowering. How did your adventure finish ?