What's new

Thai Stick Sativa & Original Haze

U

unthing

Looking forward to that scrog-grow. Thai-scissor hash sounds very exciting and exotic, could you try to describe taste?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
ickis.. u b one patient mofo...:biggrin:

unfort we have never attempted a sativa grow like yours, tho one day we will...

i gotta believe that the weed of a 27 week grow will blow away all these hybrids we grow.. one of our favorites is a very sativa jack herer.. we usually pick it at around 10weeks , give or take a few days.. and the weed is good, very nice, but i gotta believe it can't compare with a long growing sativa...

i guess what i'm asking for is a smoke report

Ickis

Veteran
I will give a smoke report on the buds as soon as I can. The finger hash was instant buzz on one toke. All in the head. It was uplifting but not racy/paranoid. I was on alert though and ready for action. After 3 tokes I was really jabbering away about whatever I was watching on TV. Everything was heightened. I loved it. It had a slight citrus taste but more than anything it was kinda bland. Very smooth, didn't expand much but on exhale you were feeling the jolt. I was totally high before my second toke.

The buds are wispy. They aren't trich monsters but in sunlight they do have frost to them. They have a stronger citrus smell to them but also just a grassy smell at this point.

Attachments

• DSCN0394.jpg
    DSCN0394.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0395.jpg
    DSCN0395.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0396.jpg
    DSCN0396.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 10

Ickis

Veteran
Yes trimming is a challenge. I will continue to pluck out the dead leaves. Hey bag appeal isn't a strong point. LOL! An early sample this morning had the same effect as the hash. Instant buzz-on. No waiting. It climbs quite a bit too for 5 minutes or so.

Synthettek

You are one patient motherfucker.
good job on waiting that long for the product ... lol
I get impatient after taking my Sour D 78-80 days haha

Great work, looks gorgeous. Enjoy your work.
Mega Props.

Spectacular job Ickis, who cares about bag appeal, it's all in the quality of the high. You deserve an award, oh wait you got one! Awesome!

A

arvid b

My goodness, Ickis.

Those buds, those buds, wow.

Well done + Respect.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unreal patience man, that is a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time! Props to you man! :joint:

So I am thinking what needs to be done is someone hit a thai/haze with some Lowryder pollen and make an automatic one, seriously! ;)

Ickis

Veteran
Thanks for the props people. It was a long time.

An auto Thai would be a great idea Sotf420.

GroBoy2000

Nice, guess you aint gotta worry about mold much with this one, lol. But really, that's gotta be the shit, blooming for a half year? That's dedication, patience.

Did my first tie down job on my Haze Skunks other day, cut 3 branches each, and about to flower, hope I get a good'un. Trying to check the camera card to see if its still good, but might be needing a new one.

An automatic long flowering sat does sound about good, don't think I've heard of anyone trying it.

yoss33

Veteran
Congrats for the patience, Ickis! Just wait for your reward to cure at least 3 months, the high will get stronger yet clearer and even more uplifting :) I never managed to bring a thai anywhere close to complete maturation in my outdoor, and still I enjoy the leafy whispy immature buds with their very clear, though weak, "alice in wonderland" effect.
album.php

I personally don't waste time in trimming all those small leaves, I smoke many of them. Sure, more puffs are needed, it's not as tasty, but nothing precious is wasted!

picture.php

album.php

P

ptg

Well done Isis,27 weeks sounds crazy!:respect:

It seems she rewarded you with a lot of resin and big buds,and more important a killer high!...you can be proud of yourself!

Peace!

Huge props on a fine grow Ickis. I hope that in return your Thai lady rewards you with some smoke that is truly worthy of the patience you afforded her. Enjoy what have most certainly earned..cheers!! :D

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
sativas do fine in smaller pots, actually.
if you wait another couple months (and they dont banana or anything) you will likely have 'full" colas/ looks excellent so far, and as said earlier your patience will be rewarded. like any plant the pistils will darken, but, not all together, and it will take quite a long time. these are landrace-type plants and go as long as any on earth. the highs you can expect from a (finished) plant are astronomical. you may never again have a chance to try real sativa grown to perfection (let them ripen till they spit out bananas), and, while you could sample some now, the high would be strictly cerebral. the stone will fill-out once the plant is ripe. check trichomes on all parts of the plant, as they will differ from bud to bud, im sure. hope this helps, and keep us posted!
... well yes and no.. if left too long in cramped pots (and this would count in your case, though it seems all is well in your garden, so far...) you run many (potential, but not necessarily) chances for things to go awry... rootbound, unhealthy plants, herm, disease, etc are all potential problems that "could" arise... but then again, i've seen growers who swear by keeping plants in the same pots and never have any problems. in your case though, i'm surprised no adverse things occured... of course nothing bad has to occur neither, i mean people keep houseplants in the same pots for a decade sometimes...

.. if my math is correct, those plants have been in 1 gallon pots for 7+ months:yoinks:... I'm amazed! you my friend must have all the herb angels around you ALL the time... One love rasta :rasta:

eugene

p.s. oh and yes, small pots ARE an effective way to control size...

R

Red Swan

Nice report... I'm shocked this thread is still up... the last two threads I posted in disappeared.

Now I still have no idea why the thread were deleted. I only know I got positive rep and went to check on both threads and they were gone. Poof.

The only reason I come here is to check your thread Ickis.

I'm still trying to figure what you are not allowed to discuss openly here.

I'm popping some of MadonnaxKillingFields seeds in my new cab. Haven't grown from seeds in a long time, should be fun.

DRorganic

Veteran
I have some SAM Thia haze x skunk #1 and his original haze x skunk#1 that i have on ice.
I cant wait to grow out. nice thread

Latest posts

Latest posts