What's new

Thai in Thailand - my second grow

S

shokdee

Stage 3: Flowering

Stage 3: Flowering

I'll come back and add notes about the 3 plants as they respond to 12/12 (quatorial, outdoors) over the next, xx weeks!

Please, be patient.

The climate ahead is:
Daylight getting a little longer until, June. Slowly the monsoons will move in.
August is equinox, and in the middle of the monsoon. Heavy rain, high humidity.
From then on, days get shorter. The monsoons tail off around September.
October, November, December will be hot and dry, just as the buds finish off!

UPDATE: They are responding to flowering, more news soon..

S

shokdee

Stage 4 - Drying and curing

Stage 4 - Drying and curing

Should be OK, at the end of the year, it is dry season, into next year. Anyway, anything is better then brickweed, shish.

S

shokdee

Smoke report

Smoke report

Anyone tried Thai brickweed heehee?

Is there a better smoke in Thailand?

What strain should I grow next? Red thai, black tie, mango thai, blueberry pie.

S

shokdee

Summary of this grow

Summary of this grow

Overview of the whole year I guess. Expect this report around December 2012.

hi shokdee,

i just went back and checked my respinse, not sure what I was going on about. The micron thing i was referring to is the screen i think, in case you would use screens to sift the minerals. again I haven't tried it but my guess was the 100-200 micron screen would sift clay nicely.

regarding your different question,s i have to say it sounds interesting but i dont know what strain you should grow next. i have not smoked brick weed and i dont know what else you may find growing in thailand. I wonder how your brick thai's will make it through the monsoon? I'd guess it's a major element in the natural selection but wouldn't there be some flooding/ erosion interfering with the crop? BTW the links you posted looked really interesting even though I don't read the language.

i will look for more
c wupe

S

shokdee

!! SAFETY FIRST !!

!! SAFETY FIRST !!

Your reply made sense to me, but thanks for the clarification, Wupe.

----------------------------------
=! UPDATE SECURITY UPDATE !=

Growing cannabis is illegal in Thailand! Yesterday, I received a friendly call, warning me to move all my plants inside. I quickly moved all the plants inside, the Swazi and the Thai. (Khun Jan, I owe you a bottle of double black my friend.)

Safety first folks, safety first. I can count my lucky stars I'm still here today ... see you again when the sky is clear.

S

shokdee

good luck
Thank you for the good wishes, same to you bro/sis.

Everything will be OK from now on, I take my warnings seriously!

Funny, my next grow is Durban poison and I hope to visit the Sky in Xmas.

Maybe I'll bump into you, oldbootz :bump:shokdee

S

shokdee

Lao-Thai brickweed smoke report: I received a PM from SomeoneIncognito, which I hope he/she/it does not mind me quoting:
The best of the brick ... was very good, quite sticky, with a fermenting-fruit smell.

I'd rate it better than our hybrids in general, the high was higher, though slightly slower to come on. There was no ceiling, and it is hard to build much tolerance.

I was pretty impressed, much better than I'd expected.

S

shokdee

The plants have now spent nearly 3 weeks outside and are responding well, they love the light rains and sunshine. Looks like 3 ladies.

All were FIMed and I've supercropped #2 twice - the growth has been surprising.

D

daylighting

Looking very leggy...I'm thinking about starting some indoors. That should be fun. :D Do your bricks come tied up with red string?

Nevermind, I saw the pic on the first page. There is much better smoke to be had in Thailand...seedless and sticky, but still compressed.

Here's a thread on using rice husks you may find interesting.

http://freshairforum.ning.com/forum/topics/rice-hulls-vs-perlite

S

shokdee

daylighting said:
There is much better smoke to be had in Thailand...seedless and sticky, but still compressed.
Tell me more ... via PM if need be, heehee :kissass:

Last edited:
D

daylighting

No need for PM, you just need to talk to more people and sample more smoke to find the better stuff! I hear the best comes from Chiang Mai and further north into Laos, but I had amazing smoke all the way down in Phuket. Basically you need to meet some friendly Thai guys who smoke (or know someone who likes it) and they can hook you up with the best around. The guy who hooked me up didn't smoke or drink, but was happy to help out for a few hundred Baht on top. I may have gotten lucky, but the stuff I got there was some of the best I've ever smoked in my life. Not a single seed either! They even gave me a pack of Rizlas and smoking with some rough Thai blokes in the dark with a machete on the table was a heck of an experience.

OK, I was shitting myself, but they ended up being cool guys. :) I probably wouldn't try and score in Thailand again, however. WAY too many horror stories.

That brick looks like standard Lao/Thai weed. Are you up north? If fresh, it's probably still very good smoke, but not as potent as the good stuff.

S

shokdee

Are you up north? If fresh, it's probably still very good smoke, but not as potent as the good stuff.
I'm up skywards, so this is fresh, OK potency. Hey mister Big Breeder, still thinking of growing indoor - have a look at last year...

.. and the last bud shot before the bike accident.

Last edited:
D

daylighting

I'll definitely give it a whirl and start right on 10/14 to keep flowering time down. :)

The Hatter

Veteran
Thank you for the good wishes, same to you bro/sis.

Everything will be OK from now on, I take my warnings seriously!

Funny, my next grow is Durban poison and I hope to visit the Sky in Xmas.

Maybe I'll bump into you, oldbootz :bump:shokdee

You are wise to heed the warning. You definitely do not want to get into it with the Thia legal system. It's no joke unlike here in the west where so long as its your first offense it won't destroy your life.

You have some absolutely lovely looking plants. I love those wicked looking sativa leaves. Its such a rare thing to see these days. Even the so called commercial "sativa" strains that go around almost never have leaves like these. They generally grow out as slightly more bushy and stretchy indicas.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Hi shok. Sorry to hear about your bike accident. Was it serious? Hope you are making a good recovery.
If you want to find out how good the thai brick weed is then buy some and dig the seeds out. There are always seeds!
Then grow it out. All kinds of weird and wonderful genetics coming down out of Laos/North. Occasionally there is some great stuff in those bricks and to replicate it in your garden would be like catching lightning in a bottle. I had some such weed once and it was unlike any other I've ever had. An amazing almost manic high with a functional stone to offset. There were seeds too which I kept for later use. Alas I did not know they have to be stored in a cold place.

You know of course that means the fridge around these hotter parts!

Latest posts

Latest posts