What's new

Thai Haze x Skunk 1 Freebies flowering

spyvsspy

So I finally got some time to post a pic of my monster T*Haze x skunk 1. She's 20 days into flower and still growing everyday keeping me busy-- she's going after my Satoris and Ice. :noway:

Picture of my closet and my hand for perspective:

Closer on the forming buds:

But my Satoris don't seem to mind a little female company!

Grow on all!!! - spy :rasta:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I flowered for 17 weeks. I think it should've gone more. I ordered SilverHaze with a 10 week period but they arrived DOA. I started the THaze with no idea of the 17 week period. Needless to say, 17 weeks came as a shock. Combined with my first DWC, first ScROG and first CMH I was quite nervous. Now that it's over, it was one of the easiest grows I've had. Put it over bubbling nutes, keep your hands off for 17 weeks, smoke. Soil may be different but DWC was a breeze.

I wish I were educated as a tester. I don't know the terminology (a cheeky smoke with an amusing boquet and insouciant character ...) Water cured, there's a faint aroma of "Constant Comment" brand tea. High is mellow and deceptivly "mild." It seems less powerful that it really is. You can't oversmoke into useless oblivion but time loss/melting/warping certainly occurs. While it doesn't spur creativity, it doesn't prohibit it. A Head high, there's no physical couch lock but, no couch repellant either. You'll need self motivation. A thoughtful, introspective high, probably not suited to heavy socialization. Great for a night home with your baby or a couple of close friends.

Ultimately, not what I was looking for (a couch repellant, racy, creative high) but, infinitely better than I've found streetside. I'm considering my next seed purchase now. Maybe Arjan's or Atomic Haze.

SkareCrow

haha I poped one just for gits and sniggles and got 1/1 female lucky I guess.

I decided to go 12/12 from seed and it still took 6 WEEKS! to show sex...

wish I had some pics but I broke my digi

gl w/ grow

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crazy Composer,
I am also very curious as to what smells you get from your plants?
I have smoked a fair bit of thai-ish weed in my day, but never had the opportunity to be around any on the grow.
The plant that I have not lst'd has an almost familiar musty/fruit-ish smell that I would associate with an exotic Asian strain, but the other more thai looking plant has a very complex smell that is very hard to describe. Closest thing I can think of would be the first whiff you get just before entering a fine antiques store.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I never did figure an analogy for the smell. It smelled .... musty ... There was definitely something going in the garage but it never smelled like "WEED!"

The house stunk of cat piss something awful during harvest/trimming. Smell was gone by morning.

Water curing gave the bathroom a slight, wet hay smell. I just shut the door and that was enough.

Z

Ziggaro

i noticed that there was definite variation in these seeds. the one that finishes earlier smells and tastes more like a european skunk with a little spice and a sweet smell (once described as "old man's sweater") is done in about 100 days or so. the one that finishes late around 130 days or more has a noticable black pepper smell and more of the haze spicy taste. its great stuff :)

F

Foxy Trees

Beautiful shots everyone !!

I wonder what the finished product would be like, it seems to be an excellent freebie. :jump: Thanks SamS and SB Kitties

Enjoy - Foxy Trees -

Last edited:
M

Movintarget

Howdy folks,
I also was gifted 5 freebies of Sam The Skunkman's Org T Haze X Sk1. :jump:
The journey was a long one, but well worth the trip. 1 of the 5 was a female that I vegged for 90 days before starting the flowering cycle that went on for 13 wks. I have 1 clone that I topped at 6-7 inches, she is now at 14 wks and 13 inches high. Lil Haze has now been in the flushing cycle for 5 days now and I may harvest in a few more days. The buds are larger and more compact than that of the mother plant. This being my first Haze, I have to say that I was missing out on a good thing. If you get these seeds and have the time you'll be rewarded.

J

JeffSpicoli

so what was the verdict CC????
im very interested to hear what you have to think about her.
Ive always enjoyed checking out your threads.
I just put one of her outside about a week ago, well see if she makes it or not

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, honestly, I found it to be a good smoke the first few times of smoking it, when my body wasn't yet used to it, but it was weak all-in-all. I tried several sisters, too, so it wasn't just the one plant. A clear, up high, but not that powerful, really. I guess it needed another 6 or 7 months of flowering? hehehe To a light smoker, it might be fun, but to a daily smoker of high grade dankness, it's nothing special. Sorry to say.

J

JeffSpicoli

ah man thats what i was worried about.... Ive been reading lots of stellar reviews about the high...
Ive had her around for a while, keep taking cuts and giving away moms.
I finally decided to flower her after readin so many people ravin about it, i originally didnt think i would ever flower her, and just wait to sample friends harvests.

I have a ridiculously high tolerance, so i am worried that i too will not even feel the effects after a little time smoking it. I wonder if it is maybe a more potent smoke when grown outdoors rather than inside.

Anyways, thanks a ton for replying! i was very interested in getting your opinion on the strain.
:)

G

i think on the long flowering sativa/haze .a good cure makes them sronger .

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JeffSpicoli, Well... I bet you'll find it fun for a couple days. I did. :) Something different to smoke was really nice.

dan, I STILL have some of it that I'm not fond of. But you're right --of course-- sativas like a good, long cure.

ThinkGREEN

...just one of Chromes chromeys ;)
ICMag Donor
hi,
I have to say... very very interesting report. I also grew the Thai Haze x Skunk
a while ago.
But as you already mentioned, it was a pretty disappointing experience.
Maybe I chopped her down too early, hhmmmm....actuality I`m sure about that.
Because I only gave her about 1 week of vegetation and 117 days of flowering.
After 2 disappointing bowls, I decided to shake all the resin off and made pretty decent hash out of it, that made me fly really high.

greetz
ThinkGREEN