What's new

thai bagseed bagseed

nldfarmer

Good chat, I'm liking the wild thailand derivation idea, that would seem to match with everything so far, also with keeping the same name. I guess next up is seeing if I can isolate the thai-ish phenos :D

Yes, they aren't the healthiest since I'm just trying to run through my stash to preserve some genetics at the moment and learn these more challenging strains, hard to stabilize fert dosage. I'll update this thread with more harvest pictures as #3 and #1 come down, then we can start talking progeny. I plan to use this in my haze-like project so there'll be something for hempy also :)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Lets put things into perspective is it a Thai sativa no its not.

Saying that can a hybrid smoke and give the affect of a Thai sativa in my experience yes it can come dam close Kali mist is a fine example.

All that matters is the quality of smoke you end up with after harvest and all you aim to impress is your own pallet who cares what others think there not smoking it.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Did it come from Thailand?
Define "Sativa"

Just can't help yourself can you Hempy.

I thought it originated from bud sold in a cannabis dispensary some were in the US ? That is a long way from Thailand.

If you need some one to define the differences between indica and sativa for you i suggest you run a search on google that way you get illustrated pictures that should make it simpler for you.

I got some bagseed from a dispensary plant, labeled "Wild Thailand". Story was that the owner brought back some bagseed from a trip to Thailand.

JockBudman

TheDarkStorm said pretty much what ah was gonnae say, though his answer is better wi more detail an experience. Just goin off descriptions online, an the name, ah'd say he's probably right. Wee story tae hype it coz a holiday in Thailand is more excitin than sayin you bought some hacked seeds off a big Spanish bank.

Anyway, that's me out now before this thread turns intae yet another pointless bitchfest between grown adults who should fuckin know better.

TheDarkStorm

was wild Thailand by WOS at first marketed as Thai x AfghanKush? I never seen this Decription.

Hello romono.....no wos always marketed it as a pure landrace...same as they market their columbian gold and their african lines...but there not all pure landraces and and all share the commonality wich is the breeding afghan kush they use in almost every thing they sell.

romanoweed

possibly it has afghan in it, a "whild Thailand" shows up in Phylos in the SkunkyRegions.. But you know me, i never got confirmation that Phylos can infact reveal Lineage, and that its not similarities instead.
If i read the Description of WildTahiland WOS it also says that its selected down alot to reduce flowering. Proably after this is done extensively a sample would show similarities to "Skunks" ? And show up in the Skunk cloud..

If you ask for my statement its based on the Look, i feel its nearly realdeal Thai effect and style, i just feel that and dont wanna claim it. Have seen good "thin" pictures of it before. Pretty thai-ish and thin they were. The pics looked exactly like a Bagseed from Thai (kho samui) roundabout look. What you usually find, just abit above in quality IMHO. Not as modern as most Bagseeds look, but still modern , not the 70s stuff no no. Thats what what i thought as i saw pics once. (wich means still, it could be anything, coud have been dusted by Skunk in Thailand itselve shure). It yould also been outcrossed by WOS, shure, but i would then tend to think only a 4th or an 8th of Afghan Kush. Subsequently selected down.

Overall it has a hard to make out forgein Genetic in it, if even, I ASSUME, BELEVE THINK, AND DONT KNOW . IMHO haha

I dont really wana go so far and claim to see lineage. All i can tell is what my feeling is, and it nearly a bit like Thai, but not compleetly. Seems to give some bit of happy vibes IMHO

TheDarkStorm

possibly it has afghan in it, a "whild Thailand" shows up in Phylos in the SkunkyRegions.. But you know me, i never got confirmation that Phylos can infact reveal Lineage, and that its not similarities instead.
If i read the Description of WildTahiland WOS it also says that its selected down alot to reduce flowering. Proably after this is done extensively a sample would show similarities to "Skunks" ? And show up in the Skunk cloud..

If you ask for my statement its based on the Look, i feel its nearly realdeal Thai effect and style, i just feel that and dont wanna claim it. Have seen good "thin" pictures of it before. Pretty thai-ish and thin they were. The pics looked exactly like a Bagseed from Thai (kho samui) roundabout look. What you usually find, just abit above in quality IMHO. Not as modern as most Bagseeds look, but still modern , not the 70s stuff no no. Thats what what i thought as i saw pics once. (wich means still, it could be anything, coud have been dusted by Skunk in Thailand itselve shure). It yould also been outcrossed by WOS, shure, but i would then tend to think only a 4th or an 8th of Afghan Kush. Subsequently selected down.

Overall it has a hard to make out forgein Genetic in it, if even, I ASSUME, BELEVE THINK, AND DONT KNOW . IMHO haha

I dont really wana go so far and claim to see lineage. All i can tell is what my feeling is, and it nearly a bit like Thai, but not compleetly. Seems to give some bit of happy vibes IMHO

My mate knows the guys who runs wos...so this is how we know they use the Afghan kush in ther strains...we know for a fact the majority of their catalogue is based on ther prised afghan kush....grow out ther landraces side by side along with ther Afghan kush and you will see the link....ther are people who have the koh chang thai pure...ther are probably pictures of it on the site....and ther are definitely no 8-10 week phenotypes in it....ther are other people on this site who know them too..and they also know about their afghan kush being used in the majority of their lines....all of wos landrace lines have way shorter flower times than they should....eg columbian gold which is well know in its pure form...yet all of wos landraces give similarities in taste/terps to there afghan kush....I dont even thimk their ak is a landrace..but a seedbank line that has probably had skunk#1 added to it like alot of lines did..probably why phylos linking it to skunk...ther is now way to change the genetic blood line of a plant line just by selectively reducing flower time unless something is added or taken away.

romanoweed

i dint know that. That sounds right, i think i seen Koh Chang , the one circulating in Spain, also used by Dubi. It matches perfectly, i saw pics lately of Chochang, had the eact saame multicolored look.

Often when you cross a modern Thai to an old Indica Genetics, it gets a bit Charakter back wich i then even preffere sometimes. But not enough for my Collection.

TheDarkStorm

Mind you I know personally that their are people in Thailand growing wos wild thailand...so people may end up getting it from ther and thinking its a pure thai strain....probably the same will happen with other things as I know a number of people selling modern seedbank strains in Thailand...and theyve been doing this for quite awhile now.

romanoweed

Im just grasping what i can. There is literally nothign Thai sold, that is simply realdeal oldschool Tripweed.
Im neither doing the opposite, and reject anything chunky, like the Hoabac, just cause its fat buds.

One has to research alot, to distinguish truth from not-truth. Well in this case i was right and could spot there is something not perfect. Was really hard, cause that AfghanKush i like quiet abit when looking at it. There is a certain Afghani Pakistani that i dig. In the end its just grasping the last chances that there are to get Thai.. If Seedbanks would sell real Thai, i would made the Decision fast that this is not really thai.
Cause realdeal Thai, like a spot on-Thai, thats just a different level. It was just something that resembles one of those shortflowering SE Asians. Like Hoabac POSSIBLY is, or not. Probably its outcross.

I would take Hoabac over this.
Also i still promote the Thai78 x Mullum as one of the best offers on the Market if one wants SE Asian. Probably still aviable somewhere.

nldfarmer

Cool!
So "Tuk-Tuk Tranny Pre-Roll Gold" it is then.
Pre-21 . . . the good stuff.

Congrats ;-)

ding ding ding! Trimming the #1 and it got awkward when I was under the skirt and felt some balls. Taking inventory so far I found 1 full banana setup and several smaller balls on the lowers. A couple seeds that weren't fully formed but on their way there. I suspect they dropped pollen about 2 weeks ago, so #1 probably hermed around week 7.

Good news is that this likely confirms the theory, wild thailand passed along either straight from the seedback or via bagseed from a "local" thai grower. Confirms why its no longer ran in the dispensary also.

Now I just gotta see if I can isolate thais and remove the intersex traits. No bananas or seeds on the #2 so far, crossing fingers to hope that stays true when I process for final jarring. Keeping an eye on the #3, the most indica one that is still in flower.

TheDarkStorm

Nld farmer...everyone who've I know to try this says great things about the smoke...its worth working with...I look forwards to seeing what you can do with it...good luck.

this is a line someone else worked and later found what they say is this chocolate thai leaning type in their work Click image for larger version  Name:	1393220_chocolate-thai-strainworld-of-seedswild-thailand.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.6 KB ID:	17848502

PolyChucker

I love unknown seeds. Get to know them, try a bit of pollen chucking - see if you can lock in something special.
People are into weed strains like dog breeding. Me personally I like mutts. Seems like the bud and flowering time is not what you’d expect from a pure sativa but sounds like you like it a lot so that’s what really matters.

nldfarmer

Some more photos of #1 the day before I took her down at 59 days, so day 58 for most of these. Took her down at day 59. So far not an explosion of bananas, just the one, but we'll see when I process for jarring. Similar intersex as the original bud. The original wasn't chock full of seeds, just a few smaller male bananas deep in the buds.

wild_thailand_1_closeup.jpg wild_thailand_1_closeup_flash.jpg wild_thailand_1_popcorn_flash_1.jpg wild_thailand_1_popcorn_noflash.jpg wild_thailand_1_banana.jpg

nldfarmer

Nld farmer...everyone who've I know to try this says great things about the smoke...its worth working with...I look forwards to seeing what you can do with it...good luck.

this is a line someone else worked and later found what they say is this chocolate thai leaning type in their work filedata/fetch?id=17848502&d=1620068920

Nice, I see hints of all 3 phenos so far in that one! Yes the #1 for me has very much cocoa/chocolate aromas, I didn't want to start another war by saying it's chocolate thai but it's thai ish with chocolate :D. I'm hoping that if these are really S1s or S2s then most of the work of genetic recombinations is done for me. If that line is finding chocolate aromas in much bulkier buds than the #1 then that shows the traits can be mixed and matched. I'm still planning on reversing the #2 and pollinating every other sister I can. If the lineage is correct then I should be able to find a stable true breeding thai female of not crazy flower time somewhere in there.

nldfarmer

Harvested #3, 68 days. very bulky compared to the others, a couple small balls but nothing pollinated found yet, could be afghani influenced in growth, very sweet smell. high is still nicely sativa though, I'd compare it kali china except maybe a little more depth to the sativa side. Not much if any body high, but there is a mental relaxation component not present in the others.
wild_thai_3_1.jpg wild_thai_3_2.jpg wild_thai_3_7.jpg wild_thai_3_8.jpg wild_thai_3_5.jpg wild_thai_3_4.jpg wild_thai_3_3.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts