What's new

TH Seeds - Help

Reckless

It REALY seems to b hit or mis!

I myself hav spoken w Adam several times most recently at the 710cup as a competitor, and Iv always found him to b knolagable friendly and quite friendly to me- a random small time grower-.
It's hard to say if Adam himself has ANYTHING hands on to do w the seeds being sold as there surely outsourced some distance away, and it's unclear wich projects may or mayNot come outa CO!?.
I have also been working w a selection of SAGE for over 12yrs w many generations of fantastic clearly desirable results!

However I distinctly remember there being MANY unhappy growers dealing w strange 14 week sativas outa early packs of PERPS and others around that time!
So it was my suspicion that stock had been Lost, mislabeled or otherwise fuckt and still sent to market.
I do belive that some info on busts or lost stock did serfice but I can't recall the specifics or timelines ATM.
Most recently my close buddy ran some Mk-ultra and did not find any keepers.
So I see it as a dice roll...

Yeah ok but how many seeds did he run? How many seeds are enough to call it a selection ? 5 ? 10 ? 15 ? 40 ?

From my experience of grower, 60-80 plants is a good base to find a real keeper. From these 80 plants, you're gonna select 9 and from these 9 again 3, and only then you've got your keeper.

I would be encline to think that a serious breeder would have to find males and females from many more individuals than that.
I remember seeing a video of a selection from Dutch Passion in a hangar where they would grow in SOG and select from something like 6.000-10.000 seeds for 1 single strain. I think the video is still available on their channel. I also remember reading an article from Neville's Schoenmaker where he was saying that he was running and cloning (early 80's) 20.000 specimens, just because the more seeds you start from, the higher the probability for the specimens you select to be really fantastic.

For example, providing that I'm happy with the 9 most beautiful plants I've selected from the 80 Burmese Kush (which has already been worked over). Imagine now that instead of running 80 seeds, I run 20.000 seeds and select like the best 100!

And from these 50 males and 50 females, I make a huge openpollination. Now you begin to grow some serious shit!
At the end of the day, you don't really need homogeneity, or you would inevitably lose some of the desired traits from inbreeding.

Also, as a grower, I only select females but imagine that you have to select males from an unworked genetic ? How many seeds would you have to run to find a male that's objectively a gorgeous plant equally as good looking as its female counterpart?
You'd need several hundreds-thousands.
So every time I see a seedbank that comes up with several strains in a year (DNA released more than 25 strains in a year), I can't help but wonder how serious their selection was.

My english syntax is sometimes approximative. Hope you understand my point.

Reck :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts