What's new

TG's multiple genetics 1k room, converting to Sea of Green!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that took a little while and you got more ahead of you. They look fresh and wonderful. Congrats on the harvest and beautiful buds. Happy trimming!

T

TroubleGuy

more harvest pics... before and after

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 16
T

TroubleGuy

Couldn't afford another fan without sacrificing bills. The temps really didn't do that much damage. A couple head colas on one plant had a little stretch from heat stress (they were the closest to the light) but the rest look perfectly fine. I raised the light 3" and it seems to have helped but the lights do need a fan + duct now. Might be buying an AC instead of cooling the lights this time though.

T

TroubleGuy

First stuff to come down just went into jars, the rest is gonna be another day or two drying and another one's still not ready for harvest.

Based on what I just put into jars I'm expecting 5-6 oz total from this harvest but final harvest weight will be posted once I have it. I was shooting for a qp so I'm happy with that. Updated pics of the flower room coming as well as pics of the final product when the rest go into jars.

Smoke Kush

just tuned in.... everything looks great. nice clean set up. I hope to do something very similar to this when i relocate, especially interested in that diy silencer. Excited to hear what that final weight is. I will for sure be keeping an eye on this one. subscribed.
sk

T

TroubleGuy

The last plant was finally ready so it's been trimmed and hung to dry... pictures of that and the way the flower room looks now.

I'll offer one more update after this one, when everything is dry and in jars and I know the final dry harvest weight. After that I don't think I'll be maintaining the journal anymore aside from answering questions that might come up.

The yellow plants in the pictures below are some I got from a friend, in MG Moisture Control (pure shit soil, DON'T USE IT). They lost so much nitrogen when he was taking care of them that they started dropping leaves way too early. I gave them a dose of nitrogen with the regular bloom nutes and they seem to be taking it alright and greening up a bit.

1. God Bud before chop
2. God Bud trimmed and ready to hang
3. Flower room shot #1
4. Flower room shot #2

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 15

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
lookin good man,yeah i didnt really like that MG MC crap either FFOF for me from here on out,so what are you giving your gals from week 5 to harvest?

toastfighter2

Hey trouble guy, I was just reading your forum here, and noticed that you were looking at using an air conditioner instead of cooling the lights. I just put together a cool tube for my cab, and it dropped the temp in there down to just above room temperature(about a 15 to 20 degree drop, but it also got my ballast out of there too)

T

TroubleGuy

green_thumb - Thanks man. I use water from week 6 til harvest and flush @ 2 weeks to go. I was told this WW was an 8 week, but it's definitely ready at 9 weeks and not 8.

toast - No shit? The problem I'm fighting right now is still heat, even with the AC so I think a cool tube is the next upgrade. I'll research it and figure out how I'm gonna do it..

A few changes were made. The 400w light has been shut off for now cause I no longer need it. I'm still figuring out what to do with that 400w system.

I intended to get pictures of the full first harvest in jars but it was gone before I could get any pictures, but the full weight was 5 & 1/2 oz. Harvest #2 is done and drying right now...9 big main colas and some small side branches. Hoping for a QP, we'll see here in about a week.

My internet isn't reliable right now, so I may not be on here often, but I'll try to get pics of the 2nd harvest up because I couldn't get any off the 1st full one.

I also need to find a new space for my veg room, I want to use the closet it's in right now to dry so the smell is contained in the room where the filter is. I might have to just section off another part of the room. We'll see.

peace :joint:

T

TroubleGuy

Also something worth noting...

Since the WW isn't the 8 week strain I was told (it is MUCH better after 9 weeks) I'm replacing it as my primary strain with Medicine Man. I had one seed from a bud of MM a friend of a friend grew, and his MM sucked, but I've smoked it at it's full potential...anyway, this one seed turned out to be a female, though I originally thought it was a male, and clones taken from it root FAST and extremely well. The other day I potted some clones, they took under 1 week to root and the root systems were amazing. A couple had 8+ inches of roots when I took them from the clone trays...anyway back to the point, this one seed turned into a healthy plant that grows fast and strong and is resistant to pests. All of these things combined, plus it being top-notch smoke, convinced me to keep it as a mother so it doesn't lose it's vigor, and use it more often.

And some bad news...due to the heat before I could get an AC, one of the plants hermied and though I checked daily, I didn't catch one stray male flower and it pollinated most of gen3 and gen4. Everything still looks like it's gonna be great though (thanks to SoG growing!), and when all of the seeded stuff is out I'll be gifting them to friends in need and donating the rest to Gypsy Nirvana to include as freebies in orders.

And finally, I found out where to get Stamen-It (yaya!!!!), so I'll be doing some MM x everything I've got in the future.

This journal however will not be regularly updated anymore.

T

TroubleGuy

Been awhile since i could update this. been without internet and still dont have it. Lots of changes and lots of upgrades have been done :)

This room is gone now. Version 2 is much better, environment is easily controlled and there are no more mite or bug problems. Now using new nutrients too, adding new lights soon and running the ATF, blueberry and medicine man through right now. ill add pictures when im able to get on a more secure internet connection.

2stoge

Hey trouble guy, I was just reading your forum here, and noticed that you were looking at using an air conditioner instead of cooling the lights. I just put together a cool tube for my cab, and it dropped the temp in there down to just above room temperature(about a 15 to 20 degree drop, but it also got my ballast out of there too)

Yeah cooltubes are just cool. And you can get the lights closer.

BTW, grow is looking good, any chance of an update of the new room.

T

TroubleGuy

Yeah. Took pictures, new topic link in my signature (or will be soon). Mod please lock this topic.

This grow was far from the best it could've been and I learned exactly what I'd hoped I'd learn from it. Room #2 is a huge improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.