What's new

Tex’s Farm: Perpetual CFL Micro SOG

TexMex McDirt

Got 2 confirmed Mandala #1 girls. The one that didn't clone the first try is the only one left to show. Be nice if it's a girl too, but I think the 1st one that showed will be my M1 mom. She is starting to look real pretty.

As for the NL, after a couple weeks curing, it's pretty damn nice. It's a lot more up sativa than I had expected. The M1 looks more indica so far. I thought it would be the opposite. I still have some NL beans. Will prolly pop a few more soon to see if I can find another pheno just for variety.

I'll post some pics soon when there is something new and interesting. I still want to document my cloning method too, as hard as that was for me to figure out, maybe it might help someone else to see what worked for me.

Happy farming, stay safe.

Tex

izzybud

im with JHerbz on this one. an oz is nice every 2 weeks. looks great! tryna get something like this going myself. once i get a veg/clone/mom cab. i staggered mine for the first one. 2 fem seeds with 4 weeks veg, 9 bag seeds with 1 week veg, 9 more waiting to come up for no veg. whatever produces will be kept to reveg and clone/mother and so forth. should be fun. stay safe.

TexMex McDirt

Update

Update

Just a quick update. Pulled 2 more NL girls, after a 4.5 day dry they weighed in together at 11.4 grams. A bit disappointing considering the 1st one was 7.4 alone. Oh well... Here are the next 3 to get the chop next week.

My camera sucks, but here is the best close up I could get of the NL (one day I'll grab the wifes fancy-ass SLR camera and take some nice macros, if I can figure out how to work the damn thing). Really very frosty...

We now have 3 confirmed Mandala #1 girls. I think the one on the left is my favorite so far, but still lots of time to go to find Moms.

TexMex McDirt

Cloning

Cloning

I wanted to post some more details on my cloning method, since it was so damn hard to get it right, I thought maybe it could help some folks to see what worked for me after months of complete failure. I read the World class cloner new at walmart thread and this is what I do. I have only had 1 failure in the last several dozen cloning attempts, it is damn near 100%.

I got the ice tube tray from REI and I cut it into 3 pieces with my hack saw, each section can hold 9 clones. I never take a lot of clones at once so that works great for me.

I am going to take some clones from this M1 plant. I use the Green Light rooting hormone powder.

I don't use a sterilized razor blade. I just clean my scissors w rubbing alcohol before and after each cloning session. I fill however many tubes I need with fine grade vermiculate. I pack it down pretty good, put some water in the reservoir it sits in, let that soak up for a minute or 2 and then pack it down and top it off again. I cut a clone just a few inches long, trim most of the leaves except for a few on top, give it a nice 45 degree angle cut, dip it into the powder, and put it into the tube filled with the vermiculate. I poke a hole into the vermiculite for the clone to slide into with a nail.

After 10 days this is what I get. I push them out from the bottom using a highlighter (it just happens to fit perfectly). If you pull em from the top the roots get tore up.

Then they go into the dirt for a few days of "veg" just to let the roots take a bit before they go into flower.

Happy Farming, Stay Safe!

Tex

JohnG

Tex, very nice work. Any idea how hot your attic gets? After seeing your thread I checked my attic and it is over 120 degrees. (My thermometer topped out at 120)

TexMex McDirt

JohnG - 120+ is pretty dang hot. I don't think I've seen it get over 100 in mine. But I will add that there is radiant barrier installed in mine, that prolly helps a lot.

TexMex McDirt

I'm pretty sure one of the Mandala #1 pheno's I've seen is one that gets nice and purple. It's still a bit early, but I think one of the 3 M1 girls is showing that purple. I don't think it's any better or worse, just different. I'm all kinds of excited to see where these M1's end up. Pulling the next 3 NL girls this Friday, I don't think they're going to be as good as the first one, but still good.

Cheers!
Tex

MrCopyZ

check to make sure thats not a difficiency this early in the plant...

Otherwise purple bud rox the bowl

JohnG

Hey Tex, I have a few more questions. I am really amazed that your temps are in check. Are your cabs insulated? What is the temp of the air you are pulling from the house? Do you just vent into the attic or out through the roof?

TexMex McDirt

JohnG - my cabs are not insulated, just framed w 2x2s and skinned w 1/2 inch plywood. Temps inside the house usually stay in the low to mid 70s in the summer, low 70s to high 60s in the winter. I just vent into the attic. This is my first summer with this setup, and I hadn't been paying attention to the attic temps till you mentioned yours getting over 120. Since then I have put an additional digital thermometer just on top on the flower cab. Hottest I have seen in the attic is 96. Hottest temp I have seen in either cab is 84 and that was on a day when it got up to 106 outside.

MrCopyZ

how do you explain all these trips to the attic lol

And if its only 96 in your attic thats insane(i am not saying it isnt)... I go in alot of attics and I wish they were 96 in the summer. Thats just amazing.

Do you notice an affect on your AC bill because your dumping so much air outside?

TexMex McDirt

MrCopyZ - it might be because of a couple of things. This is a new house, well, 2 years old now. It is brick on all sides and energy star rated, well insulated. There is radiant barrier and ridge vent in the attic. Also, this attic space above the garage opens into the bigger attic space above the 2nd floor bedrooms, so the hottest air probably goes up there. Don't know if that makes sense. I have not noticed any significant change in any bills, nothing that stands out. I don't make too many trips up there, just once a day after the kids in bed. Not sure what else to say about it. If I had a basement I'd be down there, but I don't and so far this is working for me. Lucky maybe? I dunno.

Mahalo,
Tex

MrCopyZ

I figured it was brick or stucko because you had the styrofoam insulated walls. But your roof doesn't have any insulation (this is typical) it does have techshield/solarply/whatever brand name for your roof sheeting but I can personally attest to the heat that comes off of that stuff when your up underneath it.

You are probably right about it going up into the attached attic space.
That and the ridgevent combo make alot of sense. Have you checked on the temps in the space above the 2nd bedroom?

TexMex McDirt

I haven't bothered with checking the temps in the top attic space. So here are today's temp numbers, pretty typical summer day...
Indoors AC temp: 73
Outdoors high: 102
Cab high: 84
Attic temp: 93

So, dunno if I'm just lucky or what, but it's working out.

Anyways, got 2 new Mandala #1 in flower, had another rooting failure, pisses me off. And 3 NL hanging to dry. Pretty much in a perpetual flow now. Things are good.

Happy farming, stay safe.
Tex

izzybud

sounding good. hoping to get mine dialed in like you have. looking like 3-4 weeks between harvests for me. but im using seeds and revegging after harvest.

cant wait for pics and dry weight/pics. any plans for the near future or u running like u got it for a while until something arises? new strains? stay safe.

TexMex McDirt

izzybud - good luck getting things dialed in. I have never tried to reveg. I will post up my latest dry weight in a few days. No plans for anything changing much, really still working to gets these two strains figured out. I would love to try other strains in future, but I don't have much access outside of ordering seeds online, and I am kinda paranoid about doing that now that my grow is up and running. We'll see on that. The Mandala is really looking good already, I'm pretty excited to see where these go.

Mahalo,
Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts