What's new

Texas growers unite

Bush Grower

Heck yeah Targ... DWC is the shizz. My first few experiences with hydroponics were in 5 gallon buckets... I use modded waterfarms now, but they're pretty similar to those just with a drip tube.

I guess I have some advice for ya...

If you are doing more than one plant, it is key to connect all the buckets together with a reservior and make them recirculating. Otherwise it is a pain in the ass to take readings and make adjustments to 5 different buckets. I found this one out the hard way.

If I can help you with any questions in particular then let me know.

M

Movintarget

Hey folks,
Whenever I'm out and about, I'm always looking for things to grow in or convert into something related to growing. I stumbled across these 2gl 8 inch square pots for a $1.50 at The Dollar Store....Everytime I go there I buy what they have in stock..the begining of spring is when they usually have them. Any ideals what can be done with these besides the obvious dirt in pot. Thanks

8 inch square pot for $1.50 from Dollar Store

5 holes at bottom

Lip at top of pot

4 together

growDaddy

Movintarget said:
Have you tried other methods?

No, this is first in 35-40 years, and first indoors, and first hydro.

This what I currently have as of yesterday

# 3 one in the middle was put into this system May 1 and is ~ 10" tall
# 7 one on left was put in July 1 and is ~ 7" tall
# 9 right one was put in July 8 and is ~ 9" tall. It started as a large clone
the other 6 were put in July 1
# 7 and 8 were cloned at the same time

I'm just hanging on to these and will go 12/12 in a month or so, just to see what I get. Next time I'll trash the tube unless I can adjust the water flow. As you see the angles are just too much and non adjustable. I didn't want the water to stay in the top part, and it doesn't. But the water flows so fast it breaks off the roots as they push through the bottom of the rockwool. The roots are just what is inside the rockwool and I get the rockwool wet.
This was a 'good' experience to suffer through the first time. I do not want to repeat it.

GroworDie

Mornin' All. We sure have some good local breweries down here. Sampled a ton o beer last night. Yay Texas.

Anyway, DWC was my first Hydro method and I gotta agree, its pretty sweet. Easy as can be too. Highly recommended. I do soil/manual hydro these days as pump noise was an issue for me. But I liked never having small perlite pieces on the ground and man did she grow...

Looking good guys, I love knowing that we live in such a homegrown area. Nothing but the best.

EDIT: oh, and yay boobies!

Last edited:

GroworDie

Well, before I spark up my morning bowl and get stupid, I thought I'd load up some eyecandy.

This is a small harvest from last night. Trimmed up and ready for the dry. I'm going to try out a sweat cure on these girls tonight. Enjoy!

budvapor

for those of you interested in DWC... this guy has a great thread:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=26343&page=1/

lots of good DIY tips.

i'm sticking with soil for now. a bit messy at times, but it's more forgiving. one of these days i'll try DWC...

GrowOrDie said:
This is a small harvest from last night.
Nice! Is that from bagseed?

Erestese said:
was reading "A Brief History of Time" by Steven Hawkings
Yeah man, that book is great!

Movintarget said:
I stumbled across these 2gl 8 inch square pots for a $1.50 at The Dollar Store....
Sweet! I'm always looking for square pots. why are they so hard to find? i'll have to check the dollar stores more often...

y'all have a nice day...

M

Movintarget

GroworDie....Looks nice....thanks for the info on the DWC...I'm looking forward to the explosive growth and bud formation that I've read about....
I agree on the Texas Homegrown Community that seems to be developing....hey that's THC..(He He) I have dibbs on the name. Now we need to organize a THC Cannibis Cup......

growDaddy....Are you able to transplant those into a different growing system? You can still transplant, I'd use some Superthrive the night before and the day of your transplant to keep the shock down. If your having alot of problems then I would consider changing from what you have. Allow a few weeks after the transplant then use that 150 and bloom city....Best wishes

GroworDie

THC. Dude, I love it.

2nd what movin says about transplanting. If you got the time and funds you can always change a plant to another medium. Especially right before 12/12. I've seen pretty sad plants just explode when put in better environs...Either way, can't wait to see them ladies at full maturity.

budvapor said:
Nice! Is that from bagseed?
Yeppers!

Last edited:

growDaddy

I can't really make the change now, lots of reasons

I'm just gonna ride this one out, try to slow down the water pressure, and see what I get. I expect to get some buds, probably small, but I'll write this one off to virginity.

Next time I may get some of those pots, maybe 4-6 for my space.

Last edited:

growDaddy

Movintarget said:
[
I agree on the Texas Homegrown Community that seems to be developing....hey that's THC..(He He) I have dibbs on the name. Now we need to organize a THC Cannibis Cup......

Count me in on THC. Maybe by the second or third cup, I'll have something to enter!

How do I sign up to be a judge?

Last edited:

Erestese

My plans of going to the ATX and finishing my shopping for my grow are cancelled as of last night, I now have a funeral to go to. Cigarettes claim another victim.

M

Movintarget

Sorry to hear that...I recently had a family member almost pass away from COPD...cause.... smoking. My heart goes out to you and all your loved ones..
take care of yourself....

Hey fellow Texas consumers (still waiting on seeds before I can become a grower)...wondering if anyone can find the answer to this question.

NORML's site doesn't list "cultivation" laws for Texas. It just looks like there is "possession" and sale laws.

So if I grow 1 or 2 plants, and worst comes to worst somehow, am I busted under "possession" laws? And if so, is 1 plant automatically more than than the "1 lb" law?

I may have asked this before while stoned, so sorry if it is a repeat. It is just that google searches and board searches have been unfruitful for me. I even wrote NORML and a lawyer, and nobody answers this question.

The reason I ask is in planning my grow, I'm trying to figure out if 1 plant versus, say, 5 plants, makes a difference or not in the eyes of Johnny Law.

growDaddy

bbc,
In Texas it the weight of the smokable parts on the plant, so not the stem, roots. I read this in a forum before I started growing, but have yet to test it!

so 1 big plant could be worse that 5 small ones

Erestese

UPS Delivered 400w of awesome today, one more thing crossed off the to-do list. :jump:

Pics later :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts