What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texas growers unite

G

I can be a "Redneck a**hole" with the best of em, but it takes so much energy.

Austin, killer town. Are you, were you part of the music scene at all?

Prices for the killer is still a little rough. Hell, they want too much for Mexi brick in my opinion, but I've been supplying myself for quit awhile.

Tex

G

Tex,

I wasn't try to imply that you where one of them shi#kickers. The only thing that pisses me off about them, is that fact that most of all of them that I've met smoke pot. But if you ask them if they smoke they will lie to your face and tell you that you are stupid for smoking and start crap with ya.

However,

don't get me started on the prices in Texas. Seems the only good stuff comes by people like you who risk it all to grow their own.....My hat, all ten gallons, is off to you. Prices and the heat were the reasons for me to leave Texas. I still have family and lots of friends down that way. I getting the same smoke up here for $150 dollars cheaper than in Texas. Plus the vibe around here is much more pleasant. don't seem to have to hide in the corner to smoke some of Mother Earth's wondeful herb.:D

G

music scene?

music scene?

Tex,

well i'm not particularly in a band, but i have tons of friends with ties to bands like Pantera, Drowing Pool, Wilt, Canvas and other locals from the DFW area and A-town. Also had a good in w/ a local dj on KEGL, but their station just canned everyone. Robert, my dj friend, still has close ties w/ almost all the good shows that come through Texas. I mostly just enjoy listening to the good sounds that come from Texas. You would be amazed how many bands get there start in there.

G

No worries here.

Yeh, closet "hippie hicks" with no balls, backbone, and I think they share a collective brain.

I'll go out on a limb here"I smoke weed" not ascared at all. Wait let me look out my window first. lol

The heat in all forms are gettin to me also but, I'm goin to Hawaii. The Islands instead of mountains, but about the same logic.

Don't worry about offineding me man. I have real thick skin.

Tex

G

Robert Migeul that was on air with Cindy Skull?

Canned them all and have a happy, happy, joy, joy format now. All canned stuff no DJ's or that I heard in the 3 seconds I was on there. I'm an XM junkie.

Drowning Pools back out there with a new frontman I heard. I would have never thought that. I love live music especially some of that Austin blues.

Tex

G

Tex,

Your cool in by book.....good talking with ya. My your grow efforts flurish with that sticky icky we all want so much of.

Great pic for your profile. Just saw old Willie not to long ago on the river in Bend, OR. He was playing festival up here about 5 months back.. It was the first time in OR that I felt like a REAL Texan again. I had a shiteatin' grin from ear to ear when i heard him sing. And yes I was singing every song as loud if not louder than old Willie himself. I even got alot of support from the other river rats floating along. They all seemed to like by Texas charm.

My hat's off to ya, TEX

wickyd

hey texas kid, just getting everything started here on ICmag. I've got some nirvana genetics(bubbleicious, ice, aurora indica, whosyerdaddy,etc) until I learn how to grow like the big leagues. I want to get some good shoreline genetics soon... a few friends of friends grow it.. but I want to learn to grow better before I mess up good genetics.

While I have never grown these strains, I have had the opportunity to stray away from beast and pay expensive amounts for named strains that seem to fit descriptions on OG and ICmag.

So far I've been able to enjoy all through the wonderful money trade.

White Widow
Orange Kush
Blueberry
Sweettooth
AK47 and hybrids
Alaskan Thunderfuck
Black Domina
Hashplant
Afghani
and a few others I forget

and I've tried a very small grow op in an apartment in a stealth closet grow of some white russian as well.

This summer we start a new cabinet with a 400w MH/HPS grow. I'll keep you posted.

G

Wic, That's one interesting post there. I really don't understand it though.

What is the Texas connection?

What are you saying? you bought some weed? some seeds? you grow or don't, shit I can't tell. And the money trade wtf?

This sounds like a sneaky little post Wic

Tex

wickyd

yeah, I've gotten all of that in the past year, since I've been smoking heavily. Its fun. The town I live in gets random shots of imported bud thats been through too many middle men that jack up prices and sometimes kif the good indicas before they get to me. It'd be nice to get some different friends who like smoke more than money.... I pay for quality, not quantity..... I would like to get both..... but tx/us law prohibits that.

wickyd

haha, sorry for the confusion. I just happen to be in a Texas college town where people like to move a lot of weight. I have to pay massive amounts for anything better than beaster. $250/half-o is expensive. I've paid for all the weed listed, except for the White Russian. I was able to get a small stealth system setup in my apartment this year and ordered those seeds straight from Serious.

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?s=&postid=4166538#post4166538

theres the overgrow thread for that.

Soon though, I'm moving to a better place to grow and will be starting the nirvana genetics soon.

Just a newcomer to the threads and the community, sorry again for the confusion.

G

Well, cheers to you, then dude. Believe me, there's some jealous texans out there. In my part of TX you can buy shit, and then there's also bullshit. I'm SOARING right now on some homegrown A11 G4. If you can't move the mountain...

G

Oh yeah, you're grow was off the hook! I remember seeing it one day while browsing OG.

wickyd

yeah, thats been the only grow I was able to be a part of... and it was alright. 150wHPS can only do so much.... but it beat waiting for the random good deliverys that cost more than gold.

How is the Apollo bud? I hear crazy shit about genius phenotypes and what not, but I've never had the privelage of smoking it.

I've gotten to smoke lot of strains but nothing that blew the rest out of the water like I hear Apollo and Sour Diesel are supposed to do. I really want some sour diesel! Cant way to get a more permanent setup started.

G

Hey, don't knock that 150W... This Apollo was vegged with a 150W and flowered with a 250W. The bud I'm smoking right now, hasn't been fully dried yet and certainly not cured. But, it's got my eyes tight and I'm floatin'! Taste is very citrusy but harsh (like I said, they're still hanging up to dry right now)

Click for Larger Image

Marley

Howdy Tesax kid

Howdy Tesax kid

Im a indoor grower and under way at the mo is 8KxG13, B13xblue berry moonshine, white rhino and Big bud. U pop your head in my post the other day, thanks for your theed back.

What r u growing at the mo?
Do u grow in soil?

Peace

G

I just started the mother hunt with "Blue Tooth" from TRC and "LSD" from Bog. Popped 5 of each on Sunday and they are all 2"-3" tall already. Kickin it

I have long list of beans just beggin to be grown.

Probably Sour D from Rez is next up, then Lifesaver from Bog, probably Bogbubble or maybe a Soma strain

Just finishing up on my new space so it should be buds o' plenty.

Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts