What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texada timewarp original clone discussion

Bc Budman

I wanted to start a thread specific to the original 1970's clone-only Texada timewarp cut.
This will be my first year growing the real deal and I wanted to get a discussion going on how to get the most out of the plant

My understanding is that it's a semi-auto meaning it can be triggered into flowering early by stress such as becoming rootbound
I plan to put my clones pots and would love some advice on what sized pot to use. I would like them to get to a decent size but want to keep the pots small enough too trigger flowering when they become rootbound.

as for soil mix I am not so sure what the plant likes but am thinking a fairly standard organic soil mix will do, pro mix, perlite and 30% compost

lastly, I would love to know if anyone has experience making extracts with this plant. I would like to press some flower rosin as well as make some bubble hash
if anyone can recommend what temp she presses best at or has any other advice for Texada extracts that would be great.

I'll post pics of my progress, currently waiting for clones to arrive in the mail

Great outdoors

The big trick with the texada is to not put it outdoors too early or it will start flowering, revert to veg and then give you small loose buds. The texada just takes little time change to start flowering. Don't take it outside until June 1st and you will be good.

Amynamous

The big trick with the texada is to not put it outdoors too early or it will start flowering, revert to veg and then give you small loose buds. The texada just takes little time change to start flowering. Don't take it outside until June 1st and you will be good.

I am beginning to believe that is true of other strains as well.
Same thing happened to a couple of Romulans i put outside last May.
They instantly started developing pollen sacs. I chopped them both.

Great outdoors

I am beginning to believe that is true of other strains as well.
Same thing happened to a couple of Romulans i put outside last May.
They instantly started developing pollen sacs. I chopped them both.

Most are good with mid May but any earlier and you will have a problem.
Worst offender is Seaweed, that strain triggers easy. That's why it's ready beginning of September.