What's new

Testing

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
starting a bunch of beans today, i am filling my space with seeds, mostly my own but also gonna grow Mosca Negras Fly Hooker and the Greapefruit Fly. then some Chronic ChemDog by House of Love seeds, further more i'm popping Karma Genetics D-Kush and last but definitely not least Hortilabs SourStar. i plan to document things, so lets hope it goes well. i hope this adds some nice tastes and highs to my stash jars.

i'll post the planting pics when i have done

ok they are all planted, lets hope for good germination rates...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
part 2

part 2

here the now empty packs, thanks for the chance to grow your genetics Hortilab, House of Love, Karma Genetics and MoscaNegra. i can't wait to be smoking some of that....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

abellguy

Nice little touch for extra drainage on your cubes. Looks like a really nice setup, looking forward to watching it progress :rasta:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
tagged proper room there G!

welcome to my little grow show, let us see where it takes us? hopefuly to some jars of fine dankyness :kos:

No more coco?
Looks like a nice spot, I'll stop in now and again.
Best of luck.

hey man, don't worry; they'll have to pry the coco slabs from my cold dead hands lol, rofl....

i start the plants in rw cubes, but as soon as those are rooted i'll plant them on the coco slabs like normal. for now i hope most of them will germinate. with any luck, i'll be able to get away with a very short veg phase after planting them on the coco. seedlings do tend to stretch to the sky with very little veg time. will fill the middle table with the indica dom Chronic Chemdog and D-Kush (need to ask KG what the D stands for?)

Nice little touch for extra drainage on your cubes. Looks like a really nice setup, looking forward to watching it progress :rasta:

those rw cubes are only 5cm by 5cm, so they are a kind of big starter cube really, they will be moved to coco as soon as the roots show at the bottom of the rw cube. till that time they are getting canna hydro a+b and rhizotonic. for now the cubes were just soaked in ec 0,8 and ph 6.3 solution. didn't add rhizo yet, not till they are actually popped.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey gaius, we're stoked you're running the Chronic Chemdog! And also stoked at the opportunity to see how HOL stacks up with these great breeders! :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey gaius, we're stoked you're running the Chronic Chemdog! And also stoked at the opportunity to see how HOL stacks up with these great breeders! :)

want to thank you guys again for the extreme kindness at the 420 cup, everyone was really stoked by the generosity of House of Love seeds. i plan to run the SugarCainTrain after this. bet we'll be seeing a few grows of these beans in the next months.

How come you don't use coco cubes? Or are you still using up the leftover rock wool?

to be honest, i just haven't got the green light on coco cubes yet from my whole seller. normally i wait till he gives me the green light before i switch any one component in my grow system. i'd have to do some test runs with some coco cubes, until i was sure they don't have any disadvantages in my system. i will ask my equipment guy, if he has any word on cubes made from coco that work just as well as rw for my needs.

mack 10

Veteran
Wow! love that room! Gavita's i see? 600w? 4,5 or 6 lights?i'm also thinking about upgrading my lights, but noy sure which way to go?i gavita's or lumatek ? what says gauis? Also thats gonna be crazy at harvest! Good luck on your germination! i'm also running the sourstar, watching closely, mack. Edit; they look like the gavita 1 k's but not sure?

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
gavitas are made for them by philips, these are 600 watt philips digital, never have i had a lamp that is so cool and so bright. the bulb is run at 400Volts giving you an extra 8% of light, while the light it's self runs another 12% more efficient then normal ballasts. they are silent and lighter as well as much cooler then traditional ballasts. they cost me 320 euros each from my guy. the best deal i found on the gavita 600 that runs the bulbs at 400volts was like 400 euros.

mack 10

Veteran
gavitas are made for them by philips, these are 600 watt philips digital, never have i had a lamp that is so cool and so bright. the bulb is run at 400Volts giving you an extra 8% of light, while the light it's self runs another 12% more efficient then normal ballasts. they are silent and lighter as well as much cooler then traditional ballasts. they cost me 320 euros each from my guy. the best deal i found on the gavita 600 that runs the bulbs at 400volts was like 400 euros.
i want GAVITA'S! Good price as well, has he got another 5 spare? lol they seem to really grow nice plants! tear that room down bro. mack

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
hey gaius,
i am in for the testing show, for sure! :lurk:
what is your strain that you are testing? i can't read whats written there on the seed bag.

happy growing :wave:

mack 10

Veteran
^^he's testing them all, lol @ eugen, @ gauis, The D in D-Kush is chem D. peace.mack

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
mack i was talking about his own cross he was mentioning.
see that baggy full of beans (first post, pic #3)... whats dat?

anyways, on the hunt for the dank. i can tell. :biggrin:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

welcome

i want GAVITA'S! Good price as well, has he got another 5 spare? lol they seem to really grow nice plants! tear that room down bro. mack

well this guy only sells the original philips version like what i have, it comes with a bulb for that price thats supposed to be as good after a year of use as the old type are when new. but i don't think the shipping would be practical. i was liking the gavitas too, before i got sold on these.

hey gaius,
i am in for the testing show, for sure! :lurk:
what is your strain that you are testing? i can't read whats written there on the seed bag.

happy growing :wave:

i have some D-Kush, SourStar, Greapefruit Fly and Fly Hooker and some Chroni Chemdog in the rw cubes. welcome to the show.

^^he's testing them all, lol @ eugen, @ gauis, The D in D-Kush is chem D. peace.mack

cheers for that info, sounds like an interesting combo, he had 12 seeds in that pack, which was also nice, planted the whole pack, we will see how they all do in the next months.

E

eric stoner

hi gajusmarius !

im Glad to see you growing the Grapefruit Fly :biggrin:, because mine are "1cm under" since sunday .:lurk:

your setup is so nice and clean and also the other strains are intresting , so i have to start my report quickly that we can compare our grape fly`s :ying:
greetz

Hazeo

Veteran
Hey Gaius! :wave:

Wow, what a nice show!

This is the first grow i see from you! Looking quite forward for that!
Your room is looking very clean and proper set up, good work so far...

Seeing forward for the show these beans will perform!!!

Good luck !!!

High regards
Hazeo

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
mack i was talking about his own cross he was mentioning.
see that baggy full of beans (first post, pic #3)... whats dat?

anyways, on the hunt for the dank. i can tell. :biggrin:

the bag with my seeds is a cross i made from crossing some sourdiesel ibl with some caseyjones, then growing some of those out and selecting 2 as keepers, then i crossed 1 of the keepers, which i named afghan diesel with the nicest smelling male i found in hortilabs souramnesia.
hi gajusmarius !

im Glad to see you growing the Grapefruit Fly :biggrin:, because mine are "1cm under" since sunday .:lurk:

your setup is so nice and clean and also the other strains are intresting , so i have to start my report quickly that we can compare our grape fly`s :ying:
greetz

great to have you along, it's gonna be very interesting comparing them. will be checking on mine tonight, we will see if anything has sprouted.

Hey Gaius! :wave:

Wow, what a nice show!

This is the first grow i see from you! Looking quite forward for that!
Your room is looking very clean and proper set up, good work so far...

Seeing forward for the show these beans will perform!!!

Good luck !!!

High regards
Hazeo

hey man, thanks for dropping by. yeah i haven't been sharing my growing much recently. i have done so many threads that i feel it's only worth sharing if i'm testing strains.

it should look good in there once it's all planted again.

Latest posts

Latest posts