What's new

Testing The TSW2000 LED & 3x3x6 Mars Tent

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Thank you Mars Hydro for the opportunity to test your equipment!

TSW2000 LED
3x3x6 Mars Hydro Tent
Soil mixed by me
Genetics: Sweet Peach, Strawberry Kush, and Lavender

Seeds soaking as we speak. Number of plants yet to be determined.

The tent is really nice. Easy to assemble solo, directions and parts easy to understand. Took about 10 minutes to have the tent up and light hung. Excellent.

So here we go folks...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Looks like some tasty genetics. Any idea if that Lavender is related to Soma's?

Hi TyroneShoelace, I really know nothing about Expert seeds or their Lavender. The pic looks exactly like the plant I have been looking for. So either they have the genetics or stole the pic from someone who does. At the price it is worth a shot.

A friend then tells me he grew some out and described the results as pretty close to what I'm looking for. So that's promising. I would guess it is related to Soma's as most Lavender offerings are. Thanks for stopping in!

Change of plans. Seeds popped and doing seed growing things. Boooooorriiiing. I am getting some plants together from other spot to bring to Mars and get this show on the road. Full Bells I say!

Stay tuned n toasty....

TyroneShoelace

Hi TyroneShoelace, I really know nothing about Expert seeds or their Lavender. The pic looks exactly like the plant I have been looking for. So either they have the genetics or stole the pic from someone who does. At the price it is worth a shot.

A friend then tells me he grew some out and described the results as pretty close to what I'm looking for. So that's promising. I would guess it is related to Soma's as most Lavender offerings are. Thanks for stopping in!

Change of plans. Seeds popped and doing seed growing things. Boooooorriiiing. I am getting some plants together from other spot to bring to Mars and get this show on the road. Full Bells I say!

Stay tuned n toasty....

This raises the ultimate question, what are you looking for?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ok so it begins with a clone I was told was Purple Urkle. Buds are in my avatar and album. This plant was the one strain or actually plant, I should say, that erased Fibromyalgia for my wife. Lots of strains help immensely and eliminate the need for pills, yet she still deals with pain. This plant completely erased it, not pain, no symptoms no wretched pills.

We lost the plant, at more than one location. One after another they blackened and died. Must have been a disease of some kind.

Fast forward after searching for the PU, a sweet member sent me a PU. This is when I found out the PU is not what I had. The PU had the look but had a very grape taste, not as dense buds, and the effect was great but did not eliminate fibro. Granddaddy Purple wasn't the one either.

After researching as much as possible I believe the plant I had was Lavender. The tell tale sign of my special plant is in weeks 4-6 it smells like orange bubblegum. At the end of flower that smell is gone and you get a dank purple almost lavender funk. The flavor is hash, and almost lavender kush baked goods if that makes sense.

A few friends have been growing out plants that might be what I'm looking for and the dude who grew the Lavender said he was unsure if it was truly lavender because it smelled like orange bubblegum in flower. That got my ears perked up!

Now I'm not expecting to crack a seed and find that plant. I'm looking for the line it came from. From there I will work the line until I come as close as possible to that effect for my wife.

The pic Expert seeds uses looks extremely close to what I seek. We shall see..

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Did the seeds germinate? :D

Yep!

But I am using clones for this grow as seeds are going to be too long of a wait. The plants were moved from a different location and have been treated. Getting second treatment today and will be in the tent for a short veg by tomorrow. In two weeks we will be flowering.

First light I have ever used that sunglasses are a must. :tiphat:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep!

But I am using clones for this grow as seeds are going to be too long of a wait. The plants were moved from a different location and have been treated. Getting second treatment today and will be in the tent for a short veg by tomorrow. In two weeks we will be flowering.

get proper grow room glasses and spare yourself seeing little dots for 15 minutes!

TyroneShoelace

Wow, Lester. That’s a hell of a journey. A noble one. Sorry to hear the plant didn’t make it.

It sounds like you’re looking to the terpenes as a marker for a particular effect. Have you sought out any others beyond the Urkle/GDP family? What about specific cannabinoid ratios? There are some incredible things to be found on the continuum of just THC and CBD. And we are only scratching the surface of CBG and it’s chemical relationship with the others when it comes to physical and mental effect. But anecdotally I can say there’s something to be said for the entourage effect when there’s more than just THC (even when it takes a back seat).

Anyways I hope you find that source of relief, wherever it may lie. The desire to be free of debilitating pain is like the desire to breathe air, or drink water. I’m subbed and following along to see your results.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yep!

Two weeks for vegging might be too short for them? :tumbleweed:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Test plant to see how they handle the intense Mars light. Yesterday and so far today she appears to like the light just fine. I will go ahead and put the plants in today and start veg.

As for two weeks being too short of veg, the plants will flower when they are ready. They will form a nice canopy fairly fast as they are nice little shrubs.

picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Plants are liking their new tent and light.

I am surprised at how little heat this light puts off. I am so stoked to be able to run during the hot months for once without dicking around with a ton of cooling.

Need to get the plants in the big bins but busy sowing tomato seeds today. 35 variety sowed so far out of the 150 needing to get started today. April for the rest. Mostly long season IND plants. Once I burn up the seed soil I'll make a batch of tent soil.

Garden chores ramping up with Spring around the corner!

gizmo666

Love the journey your taking for the sake of your wife
I hope you are truly successful
Good luck with your grow Lester

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Plants are liking their new tent and light.

I am surprised at how little heat this light puts off. I am so stoked to be able to run during the hot months for once without dicking around with a ton of cooling.

Need to get the plants in the big bins but busy sowing tomato seeds today. 35 variety sowed so far out of the 150 needing to get started today. April for the rest. Mostly long season IND plants. Once I burn up the seed soil I'll make a batch of tent soil.

Garden chores ramping up with Spring around the corner!

To help lower the temp in tent, you could mount the drivers out of grow tent. :D

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I need all the heat I can get right now. Temps are perfect. I'm just used to an HPS chugging away.

It's going to take some time figuring out this site. Completely lost. No user button or new posts button is a bummer.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I need all the heat I can get right now. Temps are perfect. I'm just used to an HPS chugging away.

It's going to take some time figuring out this site. Completely lost. No user button or new posts button is a bummer.

I also don't know how to reply PM. 💀 Need some time to adapt.