What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test seeds dying.

Snipp

I do not think it's due to the light. The color and plant size look ok.
Of course the light is also important. There you can also control growth using different light colors. Higher kelvin will keep plants smaller and bushy, lower kelvin ( less blue) will grow them taller and tinier

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Get your medium game under control.. Most issues are from PH imbalance causing lockout. Your medium doesn't look great.. Use something with more perlite like Promix HP.

1. What type of medium used?
2. What is your feeding PH?
3. What is the EC/PPM of your feed
4. What is the PH runoff?
5. Are you letting your medium dry before watering again?
1. Soil
2. Around 6.3-6.7 water
3. I dont know what ppm is.
4. Ph run off is around 6.3-5.9
5. I do let the medium dry befor each watering but maybe when it started to flower I wasn't letting it dry enough between waterings.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I went ahead carefully up rooted the 3 seedlings and put remixed soil with a boat load of perlite in and re watered. Also did the same to another plant. Hopefully this helps the roots get better aeration.
I'll up date with pix if they end up starting to grow.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I went ahead carefully up rooted the 3 seedlings and put remixed soil with a boat load of perlite in and re watered. Also did the same to another plant. Hopefully this helps the roots get better aeration.
I'll up date with pix if they end up starting to grow.
Very important note,
Friend remember to always have a breeze over your plants so they can transpire gases and moisture. Not too much, just a little oscillating fan to gently move the leaves. The only way a plant can move moisture from the roots to the top of the plant is by transpiration. If the air is still, the plants can't breathe and will shut down or get sick or die because they can't move water, and nutrients with gases from the soil back into the atmosphere. . . For babies plants, just a tiny breeze, and for big plants, a big breeze. 😎

GoatCheese

Veteran
Do you have holes on the bottoms of those starter cups? It’s not good if you don’t, cause then the roots will be sitting in very moist soil at the bottom

Yea get better soil and make sure it’s well aerated from the start with some 20% of perlite or what ever mixed in it. seedlings don't like wet and packed soil - autos especially

Mattbho

Rainwater you say ? Haven't heard that one. Lol
Sorry creeper I don't think water source going to make or break a grow . Especially 3 week old seedlings

troutman

Seed Whore
I find many soils like Fox Farm are a little too rich in nutrients for small seedlings.
Mix extra perlite, vermiculite, lava rocks, clay pellets, or other soil amendments
to dilute the nutrient levels and to save on costs.

Keep an eye on humidity as well if nobody mentioned this yet.

Last edited: