What's new

Terpenation at Terpene Station

MEMED

sounds like you need to prioritize mainewaxworks. For me, continued education is critical. I shove many, many others things off, some likely feel more important then seeking knowledge. I can tell we have totally different approaces at this, and prolly life. Im cool with that, on a mutual level, respect! However, when it comes to making medicine for sick people, I'd feel safer utilizing the service, or product from one who has taken the time to learn, rather a person who relies on regurgitated wisdom to excel. Whatever, time will tell. It's all good. Keep doing what your doing homey! Ima stop with my suggestions for ya as its clear im wasting my time.... back to terpn.

Permacultuure

Veteran
There's a pic of Northern's setup on this page

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=254417&highlight=terpenator&page=2

Why? Exactly what Permacultuure said. The more available info on what's going on inside the machine the better we can fine tune our process.

Permacultuure, with the setup you described butane must be flowing inside the gauge, no? I fear contamination with such a simple placement.

Rubber Fab makes a "Gauge Guard Isolator"

http://www.rubberfab.com/sites/default/files/assets/documents/RF_700.GGIsolator.pdf

It would take a little more effort to incorporate a tri-clamp fitting ahead of a gauge, tri-clamp gauge or not, but it can easily be done.

Yeah, it was a small concern but I have yet to see any gauge fail....with the placement on the flood line i felt i minimizing the risk of contaminating the gauge with oil laden butane....I don't utilize column gauges for bottom flooding anymore but those protective seals look interesting

Breakover

Yep! They can be purchased here:

http://brewerygaskets.com/gauge-guard-gaskets.html

Northern, it looks like your gauges were just attached to a reducer>elbow, is that right? Also, how do you like those corrugated hoses?

Yes, 1/2" street elbow to a reducer bushing. Never really had much issue with them plugging off, but we run a long flood at the end and then dump the main valve and recover, so that probably keeps them clear.

I like the hoses. I feel they are a must if you're doing sub zero work. I also wanted as much of the setup to be stainless. I was talked out of the Teflon lined hoses due to durability issues. We are pretty hard on stuff around here, so they work out well although we do manage to break one every couple months. Ordering two of everything easily broken is a basic policy we've adopted.

Yes, 1/2" street elbow to a reducer bushing. Never really had much issue with them plugging off, but we run a long flood at the end and then dump the main valve and recover, so that probably keeps them clear.

I like the hoses. I feel they are a must if you're doing sub zero work. I also wanted as much of the setup to be stainless. I was talked out of the Teflon lined hoses due to durability issues. We are pretty hard on stuff around here, so they work out well although we do manage to break one every couple months. Ordering two of everything easily broken is a basic policy we've adopted.

Plugging off, as in the gauge getting filled with oil? I just have no idea what else lies in my gauge, assuming all the internal parts are stainless as well..which I highly doubt. There has to be some sort of lubricant in there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN0XKbMVQSs

Thanks for your input. Sub zero is the name of the game here as well, although we have been comfortable with PTFE lined hoses. All stainless does sound appealing though, as well as a more durable hose. The only conflicting issue is the pressure drop. I hear it is hardly significant, although first hand accounts are always very valuable.

GW got a question, i sent my partner to johnstone to get a stainless hose to replace the rigid vapor line ,what he came back with was a ptfe lined yellow jacket hose will this work? or does it have to be stainless? im not doing sub zero extractions at this point due to not being able to get dry ice so the temp rating should be ok .

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW got a question, i sent my partner to johnstone to get a stainless hose to replace the rigid vapor line ,what he came back with was a ptfe lined yellow jacket hose will this work? or does it have to be stainless? im not doing sub zero extractions at this point due to not being able to get dry ice so the temp rating should be ok .

PTFE works.

100grams of ufo nug run left 19gs of super loud terp laced golden goodness in the collection pot ,really lovin this machine, anyone have any good recipes for oral cancer meds? can HAOO be used or is there another formulation, looking for a RSO type treatment but using bho and how many grams of on avg does it take with bho for a treatment? tahnks in advance fromme and my community for answers.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100grams of ufo nug run left 19gs of super loud terp laced golden goodness in the collection pot ,really lovin this machine, anyone have any good recipes for oral cancer meds? can HAOO be used or is there another formulation, looking for a RSO type treatment but using bho and how many grams of on avg does it take with bho for a treatment? tahnks in advance fromme and my community for answers.

Most of our patients have used either HS or HAO oral, from the recipes at the link PZM posted.

When made from a dewaxed Absolute, it has less inert ingredients than raw oleoresin extracted with naphtha, so for heavy dosage patients, we've followed Rick Simpson's lead on dosage at 1 gram per day, which we split into three doses of 330 mgs.

From a 1/2 ounce dropper bottle dropper, that is about three drops per 100 mg, three times a day.

For pain, average dose in our studies was about 100 mg, with extreme tolerance dosage at about 300 mg.

Some uber low tolerance patients discombobulated at about 25 mg, so start low and titrate up, if you don't know their tolerance.

Re-dose when titrating only after about four hours have elapsed, to guard against overlap.

thanks alot GW im getting all the ingredients together for HAO and HS is the topical good for chronic back pain and or fybro? i consider myself somewhat high tolerance so im thinking about using the oral in the higher doses along with the topicalthen dabs for breakthrough pain, this should be a good treatment path ithink illlet you know how it works out, should i crank the heat on the soup pot up to 220f and decarb during recovery? im looking for most effect from both the oral and topical

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We crank up the pot to about 200F for recovery and finish decarbing our oral and topical oils at 250F, after winterizing.

What is the shortest dip tube length you guys have been able to get away with? Without aspirating liquid into your recovery port of course. All collection pot sizes, although 10"x 12" in particular.

Chonkski

When stacking a 6x6 on top of a 10x10,

I can essentially run any practical(1-1/2"x24" up to 4"x36") column size I wanted without limitations right?

What about going wider and shorter on the column? Like using a 6"x12"?

Process time isn't as big of an issue with me, as it is process ease. Emptying and refilling a 6"x12" with material would be a lot easier and also more quiet without having to use a compressor, not to mention the loud shot noise that comes along with it.

Chonkski

Look at this funny passive setup I found while browsing Craig's list.

Not a bad little system for ma n pa

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 13

Permacultuure

Veteran
When stacking a 6x6 on top of a 10x10,

What about going wider and shorter on the column? Like using a 6"x12"?

You start runnning into recovery problems 4" and above. It would require applying some sort of heat to the column to fully recover. I have noticeably more loss when using 4" as opposed to 3" columns.