What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terp Heavy Sativas

Grojak

If you can find an old school Ak x Sensi Star you'd be lucky a buddy crossed that back in the early 2000's it made its way around a few states but with legal grows now in Colorado apparently no one there kept her around.

Tynehead Tom

I don't think anyone here has mentioned Antenna seeds.
I've only grown the Purplelazerlite so far but have a good stash of Fabvariousk's other work and can't wait to run it.
Awesome old school flavours and just stupid potent. Not racy, just very awesome smoke.
All you old heads.... you simply owe it to yourself to try a pack of Antenna's beans.... it's turning heads everywhere I light it up... and all my toker buds are late 40's and into their 70's.... so that IS saying lots.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Angel's Heart by mns (Amazing mangos/oranges/fruits) and Paradise Seeds Delahaze (sweetest pink lemonade).

The MNS will throw some long flowering straight haze buds that you will probably want t discard unless you have an outdoor plot as well. Keep the Afghan dom ones finish in 70 days. Trichs are insane and the bud looks alien.

LostTribe

Premium user
Destroyer - Cannabiogen

Shitload of citrus terps with a bit of rotten meat funk, mouthcoating long lasting flavour (on par with nyc d ;) ). Strong (!) high of exceptional quality.

View Image

One of the best breeding jobs of our time, if you haven't tried this you're missing out :)

That looks damn fine brother how long did she go?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Are you after terp heavy pure Sativas, or terp heavy Sativa Dom hybrids, because most of the strains discussed, apart from the Congo, are crossed to WLD

Of the pure Sativas, it is usually only a Lemony citrus thing that comes through, apart from some "sight strawberry/mango" NLD/Sativas... but it is slight... I cannot recall (does not mean they don't exist !!) much Orangey flavours in pure NLD/Sativas...That is from the Indica/WLD side...AFAIK

Croissant

@enlishrick

Wait what do you mean about the sage and warlock?

Man all the best strains are gone?

Yeah sensi star was good. Nice and clean but romulan was better much better IMO louder smell too. the best fruity strain I ever came across and that was only half the terpene profile.

We need to like get all the people holding the select cuts of the originals to self them and spread them around.

Mohadib

Veteran
Check out Rare Dankness' Ghost Train Haze. I haven't grown it yet but I've smoked it. Very nice and very, very intense in the smell and taste department.

On another note: Why is Sensi Star discussed so much? I get that it is (or was) a nice strain. But didn't OP asked for terpy Sativas? Always thouht Sensi Star was (at least mostly) indica!?

Brelva

Mojito from Swamp Boys and Pineapple Fields from Dynasty are the two that immediately jumped to mind. Terp. City. and strong up euphoric highs on both. Picked up a jar of each along with some others at the cup and they stood out amongst everything else for the terps and Kind high.

the pineapple fields was RANK tropical candy skunk spray insanity and mojito was kinda hard to describe but was also tropical but more of a bright sharp fizzy lime/mandarin flavor with something exotic going on that i can't quite describe. Both sublime.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
True..sensi star is what I used to call a good hard nugget indica..I think the only reason we spoke about it was because we mentioned paradise seeds an sensi star is a always in the same breath when it comes to them guys...chim has that citrus one too an that's not a straight up sativa but seem to be very interesting in the terp department. ..

Yeh your right chaos. .I didn't specify. ..I believe some of the most unique flavours are the pure breed exotic types...but I guess sometimes we need a little control over the wispyness and maybe give it an afghan kick

Yeh..old sedlines are generally diluted nowadays and lack the parents of old hence it not being the same as "back in the day",,, the best kept clones or had amazing breeding practice

Genes

For me, I feel pretty confident recommending the following strains for flavor and overall quality from a single pack of seeds: Chocolope (fem), skywalker kush (fem) , rockstar kush (reg), and c99 (reg) for flavor as far as seeds go. A lot of it does come down to individual pheno, but I believe a lot more has to do with your growing style, nutrients, and post harvest process.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Describe the high please....now!
you aren't joking , dammit i got to go to the ace website pronto
Your order has been received.
Thank you for your purchase!, now thats an impulse buy my friends :biggrin:

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

how does it compare to the malawi , have you tried it by any chance ? i just grabbed there last 2 fem packs destroyer ....... i know a good strain for my climate when i see it :) good to hear it may live up to its name .

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a serious one

Can't believe I missed this,,,that's an absolute beauty,,, any chance you can elaborate on the phenos and flavours

Thanks for posting that sideshow dude

Destroyer - Cannabiogen

Shitload of citrus terps with a bit of rotten meat funk, mouthcoating long lasting flavour (on par with nyc d ;) ). Strong (!) high of exceptional quality.

View Image

One of the best breeding jobs of our time, if you haven't tried this you're missing out :)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out Rare Dankness' Ghost Train Haze. I haven't grown it yet but I've smoked it. Very nice and very, very intense in the smell and taste department.

On another note: Why is Sensi Star discussed so much? I get that it is (or was) a nice strain. But didn't OP asked for terpy Sativas? Always thouht Sensi Star was (at least mostly) indica!?

Technicality moment...
The term sativa simply means cultivated.
Therefore; all plants under mans care, are sativas.