What's new

Tennessee Pot Cave Up for Auction

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Shrum Real Estate said:
ABSOLUTE AUCTION - "TENNESSEE POT CAVE" Saturday December 8th 2007 at 10:00 A.M. Public Cave Tours: Thurs, Nov. 8th & 15th, 10 AM until 5 P.M.
October 23, 2007

THE TENNESSEE POT CAVE ... This is how they grow it in Tennessee. This grow was underneath a house in a cave. The entrance was through a secret hydraulic door in the garage that led to a concrete ramp that went about 50 yards into the ground. Inside the cave was living quarters and a secret escape hatch that led you through a tunnel that exited via another hydraulic door that opened up a rock on the outside.

It was very elaborate. The set up allowed them to harvest every 60 days which resulted in multi-million dollar sales.

One of the guys busted was living in a house on the water in Florida and had a nice yacht.

One of the agents in Nashville worked on this for 5 years before the warrant was finally served.

NOW, YOU CAN BE THE PROUD OWNER OF THIS FAMOUS CAVE !!!

On Saturday, December 8th, 2007, at 10:00 A.M. we will be selling for the Fifteenth Judicial District Drug Task Force, this Beautiful Property in 2 Tracts.
TRACT 1 includes the living quarters, cave, beautiful gated entrance, concrete drive and stunning retaining walls.

TRACT 2 consists of approximately 1.5 acres

PERSONAL PROPERTY from the cave such as stainless steel lights, sunmaster grow lamps, and More !!

A 10% BUYERS PREMIUM will be added to FINAL BID to establish Sales Price.

We have scheduled PUBLIC TOURS OF CAVE for THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8th and 15th, from 10:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.

As the foundation of the basement is still in tact, this would make a beautiful place for a home. Already has separate living quarters for in-laws or guest, an elaborate cave, beautiful entrance, and magnificient views!!

Or, it would make a great place to start a ( legal ) Business !! Musuem, Mushroom Farm, Organic Vegetable Farm, Movie Scenes, or whatever may interest you.....

Below we have attached pictures of the grow and the house, which no longer exist, the entrance, and beautiful views.

FOR MORE INFORMATION OR IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BIDDING AT THIS AUCTION, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AT OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER - 1-866-688-2600.

Please continue to visit this site, as more detailed information will be added.

http://www.shrumrealestate.com/blog/

:muahaha:

I'm going for a tour :D

Notice they're selling the equipment too. Anyone want to lay bets on wether agents will be watching who bids on the equipment :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope ya don't mind Tiger but I decided to add a couple of larger pics
as the real estate pics were so small....... the tennessee pot cave was/is huge!

BTW....... the feds were after this guy for yrs, they had no idea how he was getting his weed & were virtually helpless. The story never said how they figured it out though, he had to be running generators as the power company would NEVER trunk in (w/o good commercial reason) enough power to a homestead to light all those HIDs, fans, and climate control.

Huge hydraulic door, the white portion (center of door) is cinder block, that way when closed it appeared to be a true wall from the garage side.
ScreenHunter_04Nov031314.gif

Seven rows of plants, 40+ plants in each row.......
ScreenHunter_02Nov031313.gif

This was the 'main grow room', seedlings and starts were in another room.
ScreenHunter_01Nov031312.gif

Being a real estate agent I had a listing know as 'the Guthrie pot farm.'
A one car accident took Herb (the owner) life leaving his daughter to sell the place. She found my business card in his wallet (hehehe, I wonder why) and called me to list & sell the 10 acre farm & barn. Herb (perfect name btw) had 4 grow rooms 1 in his basement & 3 in the barn, he was also excavating the barns floor to do an underground grow room.

It was a tough sell as drug related properties carry a stigma with them, worries about who'll come knocking on the door & why are very legit.

That Tennessee pot cave might go cheap.......

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Thanks Stoner! I was feeling too lazy to add the pics LOL

It's a nice house, I'd probably go for it if it weren't for my little hobby :biglaugh:

Think I'll just build my own :joint:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
these days it's taking me about an hour or so to tend to my six plants growing now....... w/ about 300 mature plants & likely twice as many starts (to get 300 fems again) that is a full time job for a crew of many. He/they were lucky to keep it on the DL for so long a time imo.

G

HILLBILLY 420 said:
I used to live close by this and could never get any weed!!!

he/they were probably smart enough not to sell local.....

G

i want it

thay stole power and caused black outs all over the city is how they got caught

Ganico

Veteran
Haha. I don't know, anyone who'd try to grow there would be a fool. Especially an out of towner

And I bet them alphabet boys bugged the **** out of the house too.

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
News Observer

Seems the high bidder was a cheese maker.

The Associated Press
HARTSVILLE, Tenn. - A home built above a large cave that once housed a sophisticated underground marijuana operation may have a delicious - and legal - future.

Authorities seized the home in 2005 after finding more than 850 marijuana plants growing under lights in two secured, 100-yard-long underground rooms connected to the home.

"Everything was just perfect. Look at the craftsmanship," auctioneer Pete Scruggs said of the marijuana operation in the natural cave about 45 miles northeast of Nashville.

Roth Kase USA Ltd., a Wisconsin-based maker of European-style cheeses, won a court-ordered auction of the property Saturday with a bid of $285,000. The company's auction representative, Chuck Olson, hinted about the future of the cave after he was named the winner.

He said the plan is to "make money," and the cave's new operation will be legal "in a tasty way." Caves, with their consistent cool temperatures and humidity, have long been used to age cheeses.

Fred Strunk, the previous owner of the home, was sentenced to 18 years in prison last year on charges of growing marijuana, money laundering and theft.

B

Boxy Brown

I try to stay out of places full of rednecks and religious idiots, just not my kind of people.

PoppinFresh

newbgrow said:
$285,000. Damn good deal. I wouldn't have even thought about it if I had lived in Tennessee.

yeah i think thy tried to start the bidding @ 500,000 and it didnt quite work out that way LOL. i'm pissed. they're using it for some damn cheese. i would have used it for it's original purpose lol

B

Boxy Brown

tngreen said:
stay away from the entire south then.

I do , only place in the south thats fine with me is extreme southern FL any place els is a hell hole.

BibleBelt.png