What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ten Years and never posted

ru420

I moved to Europe in 2003 from the states, Texas to be exact. I worked in the medical field in the states among other jobs prior then met a woman from Europe, we had a kid and I thought the schools, insurance, vacation and a book of other reasons were enough to move here. I never regretted the move but was slightly envious of the states that have gone legal since I have left. I will say most everything I learned about growing indoors while living in the states I learned from the people here on icmag. Then along came Green Genes and Growmau5 and changed the game completely for me. Now that weed in legal here in Germany I will be looking forward to finally getting to comment on here.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Hello ru420 and welcome aboard.

We stayed in Reutlingen , awesome farm town , and the Black Forest was beautiful in April , it had just snowed.

We ate Black Forest Cake and washed it down with black German coffee sitting outside at a lodge in the forest.

cheers
big

IMG_8591.jpeg

Timj

I moved to Europe in 2003 from the states, Texas to be exact. I worked in the medical field in the states among other jobs prior then met a woman from Europe, we had a kid and I thought the schools, insurance, vacation and a book of other reasons were enough to move here. I never regretted the move but was slightly envious of the states that have gone legal since I have left. I will say most everything I learned about growing indoors while living in the states I learned from the people here on icmag. Then along came Green Genes and Growmau5 and changed the game completely for me. Now that weed in legal here in Germany I will be looking forward to finally getting to comment on here.
Welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing your posts @ru420 .

ru420

I would take a recipe for lentil soup, had some of that at a restaurant and it was outstanding.

Que a poor taste, questionably relevant, Americanized joke that definitely will not translate very well:

Excuse me waiter, but I just don't want no schnitzel on my weiner. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: 😂
In the region I am living an extremely popular dish is Spätzle and Lentil. If you ever try it you would want to eat it until you burst. Spätzle is an egg and flour batter that is squeezed into boiling water with a special hand press then drained and lightly browned in a pan. Then you put the lentils over the Spätzle. They serve this during a blood drive and most people come for the food than the blood giving.

ru420

Hello ru420 and welcome aboard.

We stayed in Reutlingen , awesome farm town , and the Black Forest was beautiful in April , it had just snowed.

We ate Black Forest Cake and washed it down with black German coffee sitting outside at a lodge in the forest.

cheers
big

View attachment 18980531
Cool, thanks for the welcome. Reutlingen is not too far from me and I have to agree the area is awesome. Glad you got to experience the Black Forest Cake, it is on the top of the list of my favorite.

Katrak

were gypsys/travellers my maternal grandmother is from Germany she came over to England during the war as the Nazis tried to kill us and the Jews and the part of Germany she came from don't exist n e more East Prussia.
n e way my friend welcome to the crew these guys and gals on here if they don't know it its coz it isn't worth knowing u get me..