What's new

Ten thousand dollar budget... suggestions

hades1988

have a ten thousand dollar budget for a grow room. space is not an issue. would appreciate some suggestions on how to go about spending it before i jump right in. wattage is not an issue either..
thanks

Plan with your money wizely. Account for power, rent and unforseen costs. They WILL happen. If you have 10,000 use 7,500 and keep 2,500 as a back up. Write down everything you need take a list into a hydro shop bust out your cash and say I want to spend all this here today and I want wholesale. They will probabley laugh at you but as you walk out the door they will call you back most of the time. They know someone will do it. Don't settle for less. Do this with the owner only. The other guys are probably meat heads. Aply for pg&e's care program. Save about 70% on your power bill. Doesnt matter if you don't qualify (poor enough) they dont check. Don't buy ANYTHING at a hydro shop that you can get somewhere else. Even at wholesale. And Read Read Read. That alone will protect your investment. Your asking questions and that is something most people/growers fail to do. Your on the right road.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
ok here goes, This is what you will need to run an 8KW ebb/flow grow, start to finish, plus sum left over just in case. prices are approximate.

8x 1000W lights:
-bulbs-$600 (hortilux)
-ballasts -$1200 (xtrasun)
-reflectors - $900 (radiant 8)

4x 4x8' flood tables - $1000(botanicare)

4x - 100 gallon res - $500(botanicare)

4x - 396gph pump - $100 (ecoplus)

4x - air pumps and stones - $100 (hydrofarm)

12x - bags hydroton - $300

144x - 1gal smartpots - $200

5gallons floranova bloom - $300 (general hydroponics)

1gallon floralicious plus - $150 (general hydroponics)

Co2 monitor - $500 (sentinel c-ppm1)

co2 tanks & gas- $500

co2 regulator - $100 (sentinel co2-reg)

6x oscillating fans - $150 (airking)

2x 8"fans - $400 (vortex)

50ft insulated ducting - $100

100ft panda plastic $100

25kbtu air conditioner - $700 (LG)

144x clones - $800 (KUSH!!!)

Electrical materials & Labor - $500 (important!)

miscellaneous - $200

TOTAL: $9,400
(not included = 2 months rent, 2 months electricity, 2 months water)

---------------------

you're lucky that i was just working out expenses for a new room and i already had all this typed up.

good luck!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
^^not necessary if you dont have neighbors - or if they grow too but otherwise, yah. There's your 10 G's... was fun, huh?

ok here goes, This is what you will need to run an 8KW ebb/flow grow, start to finish, plus sum left over just in case. prices are approximate.

8x 1000W lights:
-bulbs-$600 (hortilux)
-ballasts -$1200 (xtrasun)
-reflectors - $900 (radiant 8)

4x 4x8' flood tables - $1000(botanicare)

4x - 100 gallon res - $500(botanicare)

4x - 396gph pump - $100 (ecoplus)

4x - air pumps and stones - $100 (hydrofarm)

12x - bags hydroton - $300

144x - 1gal smartpots - $200

5gallons floranova bloom - $300 (general hydroponics)

1gallon floralicious plus - $150 (general hydroponics)

Co2 monitor - $500 (sentinel c-ppm1)

co2 tanks & gas- $500

co2 regulator - $100 (sentinel co2-reg)

6x oscillating fans - $150 (airking)

2x 8"fans - $400 (vortex)

50ft insulated ducting - $100

100ft panda plastic $100

25kbtu air conditioner - $700 (LG)

144x clones - $800 (KUSH!!!)

Electrical materials & Labor - $500 (important!)

miscellaneous - $200

---------------------

you're lucky that i was just working out expenses for a new room and i already had all this typed up.

good luck!

Just wondering, why do you prefer 1000w bulbs to 600w?

[...]
[...]

Awesome! Shcrews, maybe time to offer an "8kW grow package" at a bit of a markup. Maybe $11k? ;)

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wondering, why do you prefer 1000w bulbs to 600w?

I agree with you. 600's are more efficient than 1000's.

Damn, 10 grand is a nice chunk of change set aside for a grow room. How big of a grow do you plan on? I would make sure you get the best odor control and fans that you can. That's an issue I'm starting to run into with only 10 plants. But get the essentials first and worry about air conditioner and shit like that only if you need it.

solarz

^^bad advice IMVHO. Don't skimp on ANYTHING at the beginning...set your shit up right the FIRST time. It will save you time and money...

You KNOW you'll need the A/C regardless...if you are running that many watts...you WILL need an A/C, no doubt about it.

Weird Jimmy..not tryin to bash you bro.

solarz

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^bad advice IMVHO. Don't skimp on ANYTHING at the beginning...set your shit up right the FIRST time. It will save you time and money...

You KNOW you'll need the A/C regardless...if you are running that many watts...you WILL need an A/C, no doubt about it.

Weird Jimmy..not tryin to bash you bro.

solarz

It's all good dude. That's why I was asking how big of a grow he's planning (I must not have read that). I agree 100% to make sure everything is set up right the first time. But in the same vein, sometimes you can think you need shit that you really don't. I can't tell you how many times I've wasted money on something I thought I would need but really didn't.

10 gs man nice let us kno what you pick thats some good money for a grow room have you had a smaller grow b4? cuz id probly start with a smaller if you havnt work yer way up maybe buy everything and work up cuz usually the new 1nes make mistake the most n you dnt wna make no mistakes with that kinda dough....tho idk u could be pro i just dnt wna read that much forum . welll good luck on it mayn snds tight

IWanaGetHiSoHi

I don't see a product containing enzymes listed, depending on the water source you might want to toss in some Cal/Mag + ... where's the hardware to connect everything (staple gun, staples, worm gear clamps, duct tape, shit the duct tape alone will eat up that 200 for misc.)?

seriously, home depot runs cost $200 a pop, you will be making atleast $1000 worth of runs, ducting tape wire electrical upgrading, wood nails, dont skimp on ventilation, you got some good advice but a good fan and enviromental controller is key or atleast get prepared for high humidty at some point

john cutter

I think first you have to decide what style you want to grow. What medium, organic or non, vert, SOG, SCROG. Then use the cash to build to that type of room.

zero.kewl

id say first it depends on what type of weed u want and how much... dont blow alot of money away when you really dont have to.. ive grown all kinds of ways but by far the best was on a chiesel plant i left outdoors and didnt do anything to... my god it was some killllller ganja.. but yea if ur only looking for a few lbs... wasting 10 gs would be a shame considering u could do it in doors for less than 1 g

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seriously for 10 grand i would go 4,000 watts dwc sog with like 100 plants, and co2. go all out with that set up they showed you before

Latest posts

Latest posts