What's new

Teen marijuana use up, alcohol use down

Yeah, here is easier as teen or kid too get your hands to alcohol or prescription drugs like zopiclone, temazepam, buprenorphine etc. Then naturally mixed and combined happily together. Even speed is easier to score than smoke. Police likes to raid ganjagrowers, because they are not violent and easy job for cops, whereas those speed dealers could be somewhat aggressive and defending themselves with weapons.

I remember back when me and my friend would sit outside the high school, waiting for school to get out, so we could sell weed to them. Great business. Seemed like everyone we talked to smoked. Those were the days. Now that we are both over 18, we don't go near the schools with weed. Plus I drive a van now, people would think I was a pedo.

Dovepistil

'Sounds like the experience in Portugal when they un-illegalized ALL drug use. Three years later, use of all drugs has decreased with the exception of a slight increased use of The Herb. When they are left completely alone by the state, folks naturally move away from the hard stuff and unknown white powders (and sniffing), and toward our favorite plant. In my home town, the guy who runs the Olympia Patient Resource Center ran for a WA state representative seat. 'Didn't win, but sure got my vote! Three cheers for SensibleWashington! The hysteria about "drug" use just has to die someday because of the sheer weight of its stupidity. Just keep showing 'em that we are good people and they'll figure it out someday!

mosstrooper

When i was a kid it was impossible to get weed or hash, so we all abused solvents and sometimes alcohol. Smoking weed is definitely a much less worrying thing.

A kid!?!?!?!?!?! :jawdrop:

Aye, when i was 13-15 It was nigh on impossible for us to get pot of any kind, the local hippies would never have sold it to us, if any had been caught doing so they would have been lynched.

Sadly, it would have been, and is still far preferable to alcohol abuse, and is infinitly less dangerous than solvent abuse, we used to sniff everything from Zoff plaster remover and Lady Esquire Leather Cleaner (Ether type products) to Evo Stick and Dunlop Thixofix glue.

I believe they may put stuff in these glues now to make them very unpalatable, though i still see the odd person abusing butane lighter gas.

Having said all that, teenage alcohol abuse in UK is rampant, as supermarkets use very cheap Lager as an incentive to get people to come in and buy other products. You can get a can of shite strong lager for around 30p a tin i think. If alcohol had been so cheap and easy to get when i was young id be an even greater wreck than i am now.

wemary

omg no kids drinking alcohol.. maybe they gunna start cracking down on mj to get those alcohol numbers back up!

Latest posts

Latest posts