What's new

Techno, Dance, Electronica!

G

Anyone else a fan of DJ's like Oakenfold, Alice, and Skribbles, and all the other wonderful musicians who participate in this genre of music?

I cannot say enough how meaningful this type of music is to me and I do not hardly ever go to clubs and such.

Personally I do not feel that all music needs lyrics to be meaningful or various traditional effects to be true to musical form.

Many a time have I been able to relate to the beats of electronica in any mood as long as I dig the way the DJ is leaning with his or her beats.

I still think most people dissmiss this kind of music as simplistic and stupid yet it has a depth that most people I have met here in America would never care to understand.

All I can say is bravo to the master DJ's and artists who continue to write emotionally inspiring tracks from a human perspective.

The Ethiopian kids I worked with absolutely love the techno music I played for them but the parents were a little old fashioned to feel the same.

They had their own local mixes and I tried to buy a disc but they refused to sell it and I must admit that is was quite good.

Dire Dawa holds some excellent artists.

Most of the guys in my unit thought I was a nut anyways.....but they appreciated the lax attitude I always brought to situations.

Techno music was real way to unwind as it was not singing about drug wars or wars or anything too based on one aspect of existence.

So I took to it as a way to unwind after a day of tensity.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7273919600479583711&q=paul+oakenfold&hl=en

Last edited:

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
I'm having deja-vous...

Anyway, yea I like Oakenfold but I'm really not into techno. I love my trance though.

Oakenfolds Tranceport album is amazing on a mushroom trip. You just have to get up and dance like a loon :dance:

G

For me it is not about the dance scene for wealthy kids or whatever it is about the sheer scope and imagination that goes into the music produced by techno artists that is very worthwhile.

Personally I despise large clubscenes and such yet appreciate the effort by the musicians as they are only doing what makes money.

I just find the music they make to be largely transcendental to most music that is put out these days no matter what genre.

Classic rock and many classics of any genre willl always hold their place in my heart.

TOo many to name really. :dueling:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2782594182093453303&q=oakenfold+live

Club videos make me dizzy but the music helps my mind in that I can think of creative designs for inventions smoother.

Likely since it fills emotional voids that would otherwise be lacking.

No Idea why :badday:

Last edited:
G

I'm not a huge fan of techno/electonica mus

I def. DO like house music (I like all the up-beat samples and shit)

(esp. since its more vocal than techno) (humpty vision for instance)sp?

beyond that little bit i only like rap and reggae

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
i'm pretty into it.. i'm into all kinds of music

it just depends on what mood i'm in and what sounds good to me.. i go through shitloads of cds trying to find things that catch my ear

really into john digweed right now his new stuff is awesome he's gone from trance to something even better imo its not quite trance anymore. his brand new set from ibiza where he opens for carl cox at space was really hypnotizing

lots of awesome new cds out there in 2006 i think its a great year for the whole plethora of dance/trance/techno/electronic/industrial/drum & bass/house artists.

i can't get over the cream summer 2006 3cd set.. i can listen to that shit all day

most of the time when i'm home i like chill house sets. house perfect for chillin at home.. crazy huh. haha

G

We are having a good time!. muahahah

THose dirty stifling big bertha mexican ladies are my mistresses this time of year OMfg what am I doing! :sasmokin:

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
u guys should download or buy the new fruity loops 6 its amazing and with VST and VSTI's anyone can have fun and make fun sounding beatz....i myself have tons of toys and have fun for hours especially after blazing(not blazing currently takinga break). When i do smoke i can sit and make dozens of patters of beats n synth lines...its incredibly fun and makes u appreciate the dilligent and tedious work of making music like that.... here is a link to some free music from france..they have entire albums of awesome musicians up for grabs they also have cd u can purchase www.bedroomresearch.com my favorite is DEEWORK and alfred toc...the style of music is called IDM/BRAINDANCE made famous by aphex twin and autechre. there is lots of information including a family tree in the electronic music forum that is super helpful. Njoy and Dstroy

specialk

Personally there i seem to notice a lot of controversy regarding music genres...

For some bizarre reasons americans call trance "techno", why ? thats beyond anyones understanding... techno is a stand alone horrible "genre" of dance music

2004 and 2005 saw the birth of a new genre called electro, now its being played all over Holland, Australia and in some places in UK.

I am looking for some more of these "electro" albums now.

I already got Electric Summer by Cream, which is very electrish, and i also got rock da disco by cream as well havent lsitened to that one yet...

Speaking of which anyone ever been to Cream in Liverpool or Ibiza?

Anyways i LOVE good electro, its the new evolved trance. It's basically very electric sounding music with lots of funky vocals house beats and and trancy melodies. Good stuff.

Anyone knows any good electro albums?

Last edited:

ZARN

Yes, I love Crystal Method, haven't heard of aphex twin but will look for it. Dallas/Ft. Worth have not had decent dance clubs in a very long time. And there aren't any dance/trance/ techno radio stations in north Texas I have to admit I am limited on knowing what the latest in music news.

I do Like DeeDee, Ian Van Dahl, Lasgo, 4strings, etc. and so many others that I do not know the names of.

!!!NEVER SURRENDER!!!
ZARN

G

i love the aphex twin too...saw him live years ago with moby, orbital, vaporspace, and young american primitive...dude sat indian style on the floor of the stage with all kinds of wires and homemade sound boards surrounding him...it was some trippy shit...get selected ambient works 1 if you can he made those tracks when he was like 16 or something...genius...

G

Breaks is where its at, but I listen to mostly every electronica genre! I'm in love and I can never get enough!