What's new

Techniques for making the very best dry sifted hash

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
no doubt, i am in complete agreeance with bubbleman. please dont keep us waiting too long though. we all be dead sometime coming up.

G

guest5703

it seems he was intending to let his secret out to the public.....Wonder if the greed got to him!

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Tiny bits???

Tiny bits???

Question to all (specially Sam :redface:). How much of a difference does a tiny bit of impurity make to the smoking experience??
BTW, I started dry screening around 1983 or so .
Thanks!

SD:joint:

Great thread and I look forward to seeing your machine Sam, I agree with you 100% on not sharing the exact details, I think in a round about way you have shared enough to figure out how to make high quality hash anyway. The jist is know the size of the trich head, and use a screen that allows just that size to fit through. Man that sounds simple. So thanks for that, and when you are ready to rock and roll selling those machines I think you will have plenty of folks wanting to buy one.

"The jist is know the size of the trich head, and use a screen that allows just that size to fit through."

You can find out the head-size by using a microscope or by testing different meshsizes. No, the trick is to separate the stalks from the heads. Do they have to be broken off? Or will they just fall down i.e. with maturity, low temperatures, low humidity or so? I think, that is the question. I am referring to this being said earlier in the thread by SamS "It makes dry sift that is 100% resin heads."*
But after reading the whole thread, I think Sam is not the one to share this information yet. He found out in exhausting trial and error (am I wrong?) and I can understand you when saying "fuck off, do the work for yourself. was hard enough" although it weren't the way I'd behave. But actually, do you know him, call him a friend? Do he owe you something? If that'd be the case, you could argue that way. But you don't, so you can't.

To quote off Metallica "it's sad but true!" :-D

Be inspired by his words and find out for yourself. There will be no other way...

edit: If this makes no sense at all, this is due to me not being that familiar with the english language. Sometimes it's hard for me to "read between the lines". I understand the words, but not the intention.*
edit the last: One question for you, Sam. Do you cure your buds before processing the kief? Or do you instantly dry sief the buds after harvest and then let the kief cure? What is the best way to get the tastiest hash? Which way it is easier and what are the differences - if there are?

Last edited:
Allright, by reading a bit more thru the Vaults of ICMag I had to come to the conclusion that the resin heads apparently seperate quite easy from the stalks. Furthermore it is - referring to Bubbleman - "easy" to achieve a purity of around 98%. Well then, is it really such a difference to Sams hash? Probably only he can tell us or some lucky folks who enjoyed his "99.999999% pure hash".
But for my person (I only can think of it theoretically because I have never come to the luxury of smoking good selfmade hash) I think any hash around 90% purity will blast me off for hours. Probably less pure hash will yet do the same ^^