What's new

Technaflora Grower's Thread

Clones need alternative mix to feed with URGENT

Clones need alternative mix to feed with URGENT

My nutes got sent back by ups for a leak and now I am without nutes till wed. I am going to use Grow and Bloom with a touch of Blossom in flowering. My clones are turning very light green and its because of lack of nutes. These are rooted pretty good and i have no nutes to give them other than the following..... B-1 green and red,awesome blossom ,root 66,and some magical. What could I use out of these to give these guys some food till I get my nutes in mail and move to half strength grow and boost ? What mix per gallon ?? I would be pushing it if I waited till WED they have needed it for awhile and my shipment keeps getting a day here a day there behind. THANKS !!!

So. Cal Kush

I would use what you have. This same thing happened to me once, my hydroshop was out of Boost and Grow. I just sprayed my clones roots with a mixture of B-1 Red, Root 66, and Magical, following the directions. They did fine. Lasted like that for a week. Have you transplanted them yet? If not then they should be able to sustain on that light solution for at least a week. Even if you did transplant them, they should still be okay. Good luck bro.

Techna's equivalent to cal-mag ???

Techna's equivalent to cal-mag ???

I am wondering what would be a good supplement for cal mag out of the array of nutes I have from the starter kit mid through my flower phase ? I have narrowed it down to just boost,grow,bloom. But I still have quite a few bottles from prior "Recipe For Success" kits. I have some yellowing on the very tops of my plants that I strongly feel is light bleaching, but it may be lack of something. Knowing the info would be nice either way.First 3 pics are the yellowing.Seems to stay the same?Last one is the garden,not all is yellow ???? THANKS:1help:

Saw through the smoke for a second and a brain cell sparked. I googled and came up with answer (A): MagiCal ? Please correct me if Im wrong.

Attachments

• CIMG0136-small.jpg
    CIMG0136-small.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 11
  • CIMG0137-small.jpg
    CIMG0137-small.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 10
  • CIMG0138-small.jpg
    CIMG0138-small.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 9
  • CIMG0145-small.jpg
    CIMG0145-small.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Looks to be lacking in the N department. Looks for something that will give you a little nitrogen boost till you are resupplied.

On a second note, what were the temps looking like and how close was/is the light to the tops of the plants? Heat stress would have also caused the leaf to curl and dry up.

Thanks for reply

Thanks for reply

Looks to be lacking in the N department. Looks for something that will give you a little nitrogen boost till you are resupplied.

On a second note, what were the temps looking like and how close was/is the light to the tops of the plants? Heat stress would have also caused the leaf to curl and dry up.

The temps range between 73 and 80. Lights are about 9 inches away. How long after adding N will I begin to notice if that is the problem ?????

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
I think flush time is going to vary depending on medium and soil and style..

I have actually let them go the last 10 days to two weeks with nothing but water.

and did an emergency flush in 4 days in aero and had no sign of nutes in taste.

Any one else using a supplement rather than or in addition to or combination with the Sugar Daddy?

rollingjoe

hey everybody... my girls are acting funny and not sure if this is normal or not so i would appreciate your input. This is my first grow so i'm not sure what to expect here towards the end.

My setup:
-400W sodium in air cooled reflector
-homemade bubbleponic 27 gallon reservoir w pump for misters filled to 6 gallons
-inside 2'x3'x6'H cab.
-reservoir temp. high(day) 78 F Low(night) 72 F
-int. cab temp. high(day) 88 F low(night) 68 F
-two girls -unknown cali. seeds, indica looking with strong citrus smell on buds
-into 6th week of flowering, 1/3-1/2 of buds have changed to brown pistils
-using technaflora starter kit at 1/2 strength followed exact recommendations, keep PH at 5.8

The problem is...for the last 2-3 wks, I flush, add fresh nutes at 1/2 strength, record EC and PPM and then everyday after these levels creep up. I also noticed the leaves are changing to lighter green and lower leaves are yellowing. They look similiar to N deficiency.

Is it normal towards the end of flowering that the plants are putting out nutrients or is it the temperature problems i'm having with the cab. and res. that is causing the outflow of nutrients or is it the nutrients?

thanks for your input

H

HippyJohnny

try one fill at full strength.

The temp in the res seems a bit high, but mine has been in that range with no root rot etc. Usually I freak out if over 76.

Also verify the calibration of your ph meter. I get yellow usually with ph off.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
PTK using Technaflora nutes in diy aero:
picture.php

Mirre also aero technaflora style:
picture.php

I had a couple Mirre's from same mum, this one we dubbed the freak:
picture.php

picture.php

The SugarDaddy supplement brings out so much, here is the Mirre again:
picture.php

and last but not least, had a TW x SD:
picture.php

Peace...Canna

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
hey everybody... my girls are acting funny and not sure if this is normal or not so i would appreciate your input. This is my first grow so i'm not sure what to expect here towards the end.

My setup:
-400W sodium in air cooled reflector
-homemade bubbleponic 27 gallon reservoir w pump for misters filled to 6 gallons
-inside 2'x3'x6'H cab.
-reservoir temp. high(day) 78 F Low(night) 72 F
-int. cab temp. high(day) 88 F low(night) 68 F
-two girls -unknown cali. seeds, indica looking with strong citrus smell on buds
-into 6th week of flowering, 1/3-1/2 of buds have changed to brown pistils
-using technaflora starter kit at 1/2 strength followed exact recommendations, keep PH at 5.8

The problem is...for the last 2-3 wks, I flush, add fresh nutes at 1/2 strength, record EC and PPM and then everyday after these levels creep up. I also noticed the leaves are changing to lighter green and lower leaves are yellowing. They look similiar to N deficiency.

Is it normal towards the end of flowering that the plants are putting out nutrients or is it the temperature problems i'm having with the cab. and res. that is causing the outflow of nutrients or is it the nutrients?

thanks for your input

Add more water! thats only 3 gallons per plant, I've seen plants suck up over a gallon a day. If a plant drinks more that it "eats" the PPM/EC will go up. with only six galllons you don't have much in the way of a "buffer zone" so that could be part of the problem, add a few more gallons in and see if that doesn't slow the rise in ppm.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

Its not a N diff due to it being at the TOP of the plant. An N diff starts at the bottom of the plant

I was wondering if any of y'all use any other supplements along with technaflora's line...i am currently adding hygrozyme, b1, awesome blossom, and sugardaddy to the BC nutes...would it be beneficial to cut AB levels in half and use a bit of AN's big bud? and/or replace sugardaddy with bud candy for weeks 1-6?
Also, which ingredients do you add when adjusting EC in an already established res...1/1 ratio of boost and bloom or should it be something different?
Thanks!

1tony

I decided to put this thread up for a few reasons. First, to see how many people are using the BC Technaflora line of nutes these days. Second, as a place for people using these nutrients to share ideas, etc. Finally, I figured that more people should know about this line of nutrients because they are hands down one of the best.

My experiences include over four years of growing with Technaflora in mediumless DWC growing a few different strains. The ease of growing and the massive buds it produces along with a fair price make it a great solution for hydro growers.

So, let's hear it, good and bad for technaflora. Post pics, add input, etc.

Here's one of my favorite bud shots from my last grow. This was DP BB I was forced to take at 55 days, but was some awesome smoke.

Technaflora rootball:

That is a wholesome plant, I used the rec. for success and thier feeding chart. no ec/tds meters just a pool ph tester and my results were amayzing. I will use this product because I know it works and apparently so do many other people. Thanks for starting this thread as I am curious too see if anyone discoveres some new tecniques or recipe changes that take these trusted nutes to the next level...I know this thread is 3 years old but the brand is still outstanding..My tomatoe plants have never done so well

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
To all you that use soil as a medium..or atleast something like Promix and Perlite..about a 35% perlite mix..How do you guys go about giving the nutes? In other words whats you feeding schedule and in what amounts?....And Im ofcourse talking about "BC Recipe for Success" mixed in the amounts given in the "Recipe".....do you just leaf feed it to them or mix it with the plants watering?

darkvade420

picture.php
picture.php

Theres technaflora 150w hps soil run its the pk at day 50 sure did make advanced nutrients look like primitave nutrients.
picture.php