What's new

TEAM IC

TEAM IC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this makes me sad....
I'm afraid this is drawing a line that can not be erased and creating a division when we should be working on solidarity...
I do not begrudge the ICMag members there peace and sernity, I think we all deserve to have that. But please don't feel that the answer is to segrigate. When we create distinct classes like this we create prejudice....
I'm sorry if this offends anyone it is not my intention but I see this as a slippery slope...

Peace and respect
KK

guineapig

Veteran
i am afraid of the slippery slope too KronickKanuck....

but i am just trying to help.....all threads are created equal to some extent i guess...

gp

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jjfto said:
Dont get me wrong. I like the idea...... but.....

This is a unique time for IC with lots of new members and potential customers for related businesses.

You dont want to create divisions between members.

Thats what i like about this place, thats what makes it so great. Instant access to the best growing info.

I agree with Brownpants. proceed with caution

I agree with this attitude. A lot of experience is coming our way everyday. Hate to put up a wall the way they did me a few years ago. Open Arms Open Minds and Open Hearts and let the Mods weed out the kiddies.

Just like we've done in the past.

Mr.Wags

G

I agree %100

Just think about what it is exactly that you are voting for before you make you decisions.

I like to break everything down into its basics which makes the choice simple.

:friends: solidarity or segregation :asskick:

The choice is simple as far as iam concerned.

Given the chance I wuold be more then happy to take a mod role here on IC and delete, move, and or help to keep the peace in anyway I can. I have a thick skin and don't really give a shit if some one calls me a nazi or says that I have oppressed them...

I may not be the end all be all of growing (yet :p ) but I can spot a troll at a hundred paces... and have some skills with webs as I was a former director of communication for a large corporation... if you think these natives are restless you should see the shit storm when they have hundreds of thousands of dollars vested in resources provide on a web...

Peace
KK

DrLongbottom

Veteran
No there are no lines being formed and this group will be open to all ....I just think an adjustment period is needed for the newbs...3 months isnt very long.

I personally feel that a private forum may not be a very bad idea. Usually I would be open to free access to all ,but these are not usual times.

Throw some ideas out of what you may want this group to be about ......lets see a group effort. We are all brothers and sisters. peace D.L.

Last edited:
You have an interest in protecting what you have worked hard to create, I can understand and can respect that. Personally if I was in your shoes I would have the same concerns, I just hope that it doesn't promote animosity.

It would be nice to have a sandbox where new members are allowed to post, and at the same time restricting posting privilages to those sandbox areas until the new members' actions merit greater access. I don't think this would be too practical of a solution though but it would parallel the cooler in a way... 'new' and in diapers, getting 'old' and in depends...

Peace and respect
KK

G

It is a good idea, but needs to be carefully planned. I have been a member for awhile, even though I don't post much, this site is one of only two sites I visit. I can't tell you the last time I read the word f-u-c-k in a thread in the last year or two, but now it seems it is in the beginning of all the threads. If you can't get your point across without cussing, maybe you shouldn't be posting here. A assimilation period for new members would work well, with the option of extending it, should the member post in a manner incoherent with this site. They need to understand this is not Overgrow.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
...Perhaps we could use a sunken subscribed forum or 'Secret Garden' where more serious/mature growers can congregate under a certain code of respectable behaviour that they all adhere to......This way valid and interesting posts cannot be victimized by new and/or agrovating members that constantly seem to want to turn threads into slanging matches........because posts within a forum like that would only be visible to those subscribed........

...the cannabisworlders and the overgrowers possibly could have their own sunken forums too, where they can feel comfort in being surrounded by their friends from the sites that were there just a week ago....

....I have made no firm descisions on this just yet.........currently I'm just trying to find the best solution for all of us.......so any input is more than welcome...

tragic1

If we decide on this, we need to set strict guidelines for the team.

I like the 3 months thing,maybe also have at least 1 other member vouch for you or something.

I hate the idea of dividing people but I also hate the idea of losing my close knit circle of friends. I don't have all the time in the world, so the time I do have to spend on line I would like to enjoy.

I left OG for a reason and wasn't planning on returning.

G

just like this thread
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20548

Originally Posted by 00420
take out the url so we can see

his pic links where in url fourm and i showed him how to take them so we can see a pic not clike a link..

Your talking about me there 00420, and sorry dude but I resent that. I'm not a refugee. This is my home. And you didn't show me squat. I f**ked up, realised straight away, and fixed it. Not trying to start a flame-fest here, just getting the facts straight.

full time daddy
Veteran
timtim said:
Your talking about me there 00420, and sorry dude but I resent that. I'm not a refugee. This is my home. And you didn't show me squat. I f**ked up, realised straight away, and fixed it. Not trying to start a flame-fest here, just getting the facts straight.

sry brotha did not even notic it was u :D i just happen to post think i was helping one of them "stoned n dont look back"
atlest we not afrad to say WE fucked up :wave:

ps look at my sig :lurk:
"2 wrongs dont make it right..........but it sure makes it even!"
i dont want no flames i think we have enuff of them with out 2 members trying allso i was just tryin gto point out why do we need a "team" to do this it should be part of the member to do it upon them selfs ( as i do or try to) & if help is needed mod's are a clickaway

Last edited:
G

No probs bro,
All good here.
Just didn't like being refered to as a newbie.
Thats all.
I can see what you were trying to say though.
And as far as those " stoned 'n don't look back types" thats me LOL

Dr. D

Veteran
After reading peoples responses to this and thinkin about it some i dont think TEAM will be the best word to use..and i think its cheeesy lol..i like the secret garden idea and also think GROUP would fit the bill better eg "Serious Growers Group". I dont think segregation comes into either, its not about seperating anyone...more a place for the more serious growers to congragate and share their knowledge and get a bit more indepth into growing, breeding or whatever discussions arise :2cents:

G

I aint down with no teams (independent & proud of it) but if u open some more forums.. Let me in please.. :confused:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
This whole Team IC thing is silly :p being a mentor was nice too but people pay way too much attention to the title I think, so what if all here would just be ... equal? :smile:
No titles or anything, no reputation or karma pints or nothing, just plain nicks and thats it, avatar is ok, but titles suck, lets just grow.

full time daddy
Veteran
Farmer John said:
This whole Team IC thing is silly :p being a mentor was nice too but people pay way too much attention to the title I think, so what if all here would just be ... equal? :smile:
No titles or anything, no reputation or karma pints or nothing, just plain nicks and thats it, avatar is ok, but titles suck, lets just grow.

so very well said................

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
I was a mentor at OG, but I can't say it made much of a difference one way or the other.
It was more of a pat on the back from the mods, a reconition that you did a reliable job pointing folks to reliable info(and in a place as big as OG was, it was hard for new folks to keep track of who was a benefactor, and who was a troll).
People who were voted into Mentorship were screened heavily and discussed in private so no one who would abuse the title would make it that far. And also, the mentor title was stripped from members on occasion, when they did make asses of themselves.

Last edited: