What's new

Teacher rattles table in class, student calls 911

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ATHERTON, Calif. – A California school teacher was placed on paid administrative leave after he rattled a table to get the attention of his math students, startling an eighth-grade girl who used her cell phone to call police.

Atherton police Sgt. Tim Lynch tells the Palo Alto Daily News that officers went to Selby Lane School Tuesday afternoon because of reports a teacher was causing a disturbance.

Officers found a calm teacher with class in session.

The sergeant says the teacher's table-rattling startled a student and she used her cell phone to call 911. He says other students in the class weren't bothered by the teacher's actions.

Redwood City School District deputy superintendent John Baker says the teacher was placed on leave because there was a police response.

that would be the last time that little snapperhead walked into my classroom w/a cell phone.......

E

Eatatjoes

So rattling a table is grounds for an emergency call nowadays? When I was in elementary school I had a teacher slam me against a wall, I never said a thing. I'm not saying it's right but I'll bet the girl that called was doing so just to spite the teacher. She's the one who should get into trouble.

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
man stoner, when i was a young punk in 6th grade the asshole teacher was teaching geography and telling us that italy was the one that looked like a boot, i said "that one looks more like a boot to me" he ran across the room, knocked my desk over, picked me up and threw me against the radiator, and fucking punched me in the stomach, he probably rattled a table everyday and i didnt notice

mcattak

Had a teacher pull the chair out from under me in the 5th grade....I was kinda a little punk though...

mc

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it just me or does this story sound dis-believable... I mean the story has been made up completely
we could only wish, in the meanwhile I'd bet her douche-bag parents are talking to a lawyer about remunerations for their daughters shattered psyche.

it's just that kind of society we live in today.......

So ridiculous, poor teachers have a hard enough time as it is!

I agree teachers are great people! After many years some of the meanest teachers are still my friends, because they weren't the ones who would let you down and strive to be the best. The girl with cellphone in class is the one who should be punished I would take the phone away and yell at her. Guess ya can't do that these days??

hippydan

Unbelievable. I'd be embarrassed to have that rotten brat for a daughter. Maybe she shouldn't be texting in class and pay more attention so she won't get startled over a rattled desk.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys had some mean teachers. I did not have bad teachers I WAS A BAD STUDENT :) It is so true I agree with Mrs Babba teachers these days dont get paid shit and there job is hard dealing with punk ass kids all day.

How the hell does a rattling desk make you so afaraid you need to call leo. It just sound wrong to me.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Don't worry, teacher is getting paid leave and can't get fired. If you have been a teacher for 3 years your get 10 year (sp), so you can't get fired for things like this. Just take the vacation and move on.

BTW - What was this girl thinking? Maybe she lives in an abusive home or something. Either way, doesn't sound like the teachers fault.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
How did she manage to have time to make a phone call during the class? When i was in high school, if they even saw your cell they would take it...

How did she manage to have time to make a phone call during the class? When i was in high school, if they even saw your cell they would take it...

Yeh I know I was writing a post to ask that aswell... and also ask why if not that, did her classmates who she was sitting next to not say anything? surely they knew, and they said nothing?

but i just clicked "back" as i mean this is not in court we are not the jurys with the accused and witnesses to come back to us with explanations of events.... unless one of the students smokes pot and might log onto this site, realise its talking about the situation in his class... he registers... posts updates and responses to our questions...

that is ascenario that may occur but is unlikely to happen

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Teacher rattles table in class, student calls 911

Corporal punishment..bring it back.

NorCal

Veteran
FYI Atherton is one of the most affluent cities in america if not the most. It's mostly all very very wealthy people that live there in very very expensive mansions. I'm talking probably the highest concentration of billionaires and mega millionaires in one city. It's mainly populated by the big wigs of all the huge silicon valley corporations. Chances are she's probably some spoiled daughter of a very well off family. Funny thing is, I can imagine if this was a 5th grader maybe. But an 8th grader? That's ridiculous, she's about to be graduating in a few months and become a freshman.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She was in the bathroom when she called the cops, when they got there the classroom was calm and no one was "traumatized" like she made it out to be! little shit starter!