What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TEA - What is the best?

G

Haha tea supping yanks, i thought i'd never see the day.
PG tips will do for me. Yorkshire tea nice and strong, rich. Twinings got some good English breakfast and Earl grey. I prefer coffee most of the time though.

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
try yerba bifta
if you liek the taste of coffee try the roasted/smoked yerba mate
still has the great kick but has the coffee-like burnt flavor, lol!
i despise coffee
the smell
the taste
the effects
Ilex paraguariensis
Camilla sinensis
Paulina cupana
are the best caffeine sources IMO
and cocao is the best for theobromine (yerba has a bit, but more theobromine with caffeine is really a great combo)

G

im a fan of the snapple white teas. i know its not as nice as expensive teas, but i figure its healthier than soda and coffee.

G

Sheriff Bart said:
try yerba bifta
if you liek the taste of coffee try the roasted/smoked yerba mate
still has the great kick but has the coffee-like burnt flavor, lol!
i despise coffee
the smell
the taste
the effects
Ilex paraguariensis
Camilla sinensis
Paulina cupana
are the best caffeine sources IMO
and cocao is the best for theobromine (yerba has a bit, but more theobromine with caffeine is really a great combo)
lol tea that taskes like coffee, i'm going to have to try that one. coffee is bad and burns my stomach sometimes and stops me from getting to sleep, i love both!

G

Because of this thread i went to a little teashop in the city and asked what tea the owner liked best, i went home with a little bag of Lapsang Souchong, it smells like a woodfire, and tastes unlike anything i've ever tasted, very special, a must try. This stuff is to tea what espresso is to coffee.

house

I'm into the higher grade japanese green teas. They really are a step above what you find in the dept store and can be ordered online at reasonable prices. Anyone tried matcha? It comes as a powder that you wisk into a little shot of hot water and drink, very addictive. Super healthy too because it's packed with polyphenols.

C

Chamba

the best tea?

My choice would be a very good quality Taiwan High mountain Oolong tea, providing it is expertly prepared and consumed in the Taiwanese way with a small tea pot and tiny cups

the best Taiwan Oolongs, which are some of the most expensive teas, will give you a nice clear buzz that other teas barely hint at...and the tastes and smells and after effects/sensations are superb...

the best way to appreciate Taiwan (or any Chinese style) tea is to sample it with your eyes, your nose, your mouth, tongue and throat....then later by it's effects.

firstly, hold the cup with your index and thumb, near your lips with your face slightly tilted foward, lightly blow air at the hot surface as you inhale the steam through your nose to appreciate the scent, then sip a little of the hot tea and swirl the tea around in your mouth to taste it, then after a few seconds slowly swallow the tea..

...and then let the appreciation, sensations, feelings and after effects begin

Once I got a chance to drink some of the very best Taiwan oolong tea, this stuff would of cost hundreds of US dollars just for a 2 hands full of the stuff if it was ever offered for sale to the public ..the taste was heaven, the smell unforgettable, the sensations to the mouth and throat were memorable..blah blah..the body and mind effects it gave me were similar to coke, in a tea sort of way.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a recent gift from back east

a recent gift from back east

I looked hard to find this thread again to put
up a couple of pics of these great tea bags.

They come in pyramid shaped boxes and the tea
bag inside is a pyramid also. The bag is a sheer
sack which gives you a good look at the cut tea
as well.

To be honest I have no idea what makes for a great
or high quality tea and as these boards are UK based
I'd defer to those with years experience drinking tea.
I do know however that 'eye appeal is half the meal' &
a consumer is more apt to have a higher regard for the
meal or beverage in front of them if its appearance was
pleasing from the start. These unique see through tea
bags allow me to see the difference in each tea flavor
I open, a very pleasing experience.......

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I like sleepy time tea and definately earl grey.

also "meadow tea" in the summer! yum!

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Yerba Mate and Rooibos (the tutty fruity kind)

Im totally addicted to mate...i cant get enough. Sluripin it all day long!

E

EatCannabisRaw

ganja tea is the BESTEST! haha... simmer some leaves/stems...actually i guess you kinda just boil them low for 15-25 minutes...

maybe a bit of ginseng..some honey

Latest posts

Latest posts