What's new

Tea questions..

Cool Moe

Veteran
sorry, I meant to show my revised pump/hose fitting without the threaded barb that comes with the pump. airflow is increased at least 20% by removing the brass piece that comes with the ecoplus1 air pump

What size hose is that Moe? And is that the Commercial air 1? I have been meaning to do the same and go with the larger air hose per MicrobeMan's instructions. Did you screw the pumps feet to the table? I found it quiets that noisy thing down just a touch.

Cool Moe

Veteran
hey EatMo, yeah that's the commercial air 1, the revised hose is 9/16 OD, 3/8 ID. I never thought to screw the pumps feet to the table, good idea though. Mine sits on a foam garden pad or a towel. I agree it's not whisper quiet but it never bothers anyone in our garage. Our plants give it a two thumbs up.

TheBudFather

Hi everyone.... Do you HAVE to filter out the debris? could I not use a jug, and pour the tea and all that floats in it, as a soil feed.
I have : Worm castings, Seabird guano, Molasses, maxicrop.... im thinking of throwing some of each into a res and bubble for a cpl days.... anygood? thanks for the replys fellas!

The only time I ever strain out the castings,alfalfa,kelp is when I am going to do A foliar spray. I also just strained out a couple cups of tea and added it to my EZ-Clone. I now have roots on all 30 cuts at day 12.

TheBudFather

Ok.. so I have a 60L res with bubbler, Worm castings, Molasses & seabird guano.

Can anyone give me some advice on the amounts of each ingredient, I need to add to the 60L res...?
My plants are almost wk4 flower.... I would still prefer to feed them a tea than the Biobizz.
Thanks.

Cannasseur

60L = 15.85 US Gallons
Molasses - 15 Tbsp
Earthworm Castings - 3-4 Cups
Seabird Guano - 30 Tbsp

Since you are in flower, I would recommend adding a bit of Seaweed in order to help promote a balanced microbe population of Fungi and Bacteria, rather than one so dominant in Bacteria. Cannabis prefers Fungal dominant teas in flower, through symbiosis with the fungi, the plant benefits from the increased ability to absorb nutrients and moisture.

Is that 15 Tbsp for 15 gal? I only use a tsp/gal so I only use about one third that amount of molasses per gal. Sometimes I use less than that with good results.

Cannasseur

Hot Damn! You're right, I spent the past few months buried in the topic without noticing that I was applying an overly gracious amount of molasses. I got my original recipe from BurnONE, since then I have not taken the time to alter it.

With this in mind, I will tweak my own regimen, but I want to add that I personally have not seen any adverse effects using 1 tbsp of Molasses per gallon. Thank you for calling out my negligence.

TheBudFather

Thanks

Thanks

Thats EXACTLY what I wanted Cannasseur.. Thanks for your time:tiphat:
I have some Maxicrop seaweed extract... I will add a few ml to the res also :O)
I'm still unsure how to apply this tea to the plants?... do I water neat? or do I have to dilute the tea..?
I will be adding everything into my Res tonight to bubble away over night!
Many many thanks, I'm sure my plants will lurve what the tea has to offer! :thank you:

I wasn't trying to call you out. I myself am just trying to learn as much as I can here like everyone else. I was about to dig through some info just to make sure I wasn't using less molasses than I could. Thanks for the positive rating.:)

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont use a sock

HAHA, that is funny

yeah seriously, no sock though. you need 400 micron mesh I believe. dont quote, pick up the tea brewing manual as my copy is in transit..

sock is also un-hygenic ( if using again, not from your toes, which is kinda funky also while on it ) and wasteful if you toss them every brew

Cannasseur

TheBudFather,
If you are limited to the size of your brewer and needed to make your solution go further, it could be diluted but other than that I don't see a need.

Latest posts

Latest posts