What's new

Tea Article

Granger2

Veteran
mescurandero,
I've used it during 3rd or 4th week of bloom when I want to kick up P, along with heavier use of MO to kick up K. Like a P-K boost. I put it in water in a blender so it emulsifies, then add to the tea. There are other benefits besides just a P boost. You can research phospholipids, etc. I was using 1 tsp/gal, but you can use your own judgement. Usually you can check the label, then do the math. I believe it to be beneficial. Maybe very beneficial. Good luck. -granger

Kozmo

Veteran
Nutrient tea question

Nutrient tea question

How long would this keep in the refrigerator and be usable as a nutrient tea?

1/2 cup alfalfameal per gallon with a teaspoon of black strap molasses per gallon; 1/2 tablespoon/gallon ordinary kelpmeal if you have it.
Run the unit for 24 hours; strain, especially if applying to foliage. If applying to foliage we usually dilute with non-chlorinated water 1:1.
If applying to young seedlings dilute 2 parts water: 1 part tea.
Include vermicompost only if doing soil/media drench and not if spraying foliage. (1/2 cup per gallon)

Kozmo

Veteran
Or even a foilier spray?

Sorry for the double post. Did this not make sense or just no one around that could answer it?

Much respect

ChemCat

Does neem oil kill the bacteria/fungi microbes, when i was growing in coco i sometimes used 20mil in a 10ish litre bucket in late veg/early flower and it kept fungus gnats down and had no negative effects on my plants, i'm wondering if it will be okay for organic methods.

Cheers guys

CC

KIS

1/2 cup alfalfameal per gallon with a teaspoon of black strap molasses per gallon; 1/2 tablespoon/gallon ordinary kelpmeal if you have it.
Run the unit for 24 hours; strain, especially if applying to foliage. If applying to foliage we usually dilute with non-chlorinated water 1:1.
Include vermicompost only if doing soil/media drench and not if spraying foliage. (1/2 cup per gallon)

It has no shelf life, you need to use it right away.

KIS

Does neem oil kill the bacteria/fungi microbes, when i was growing in coco i sometimes used 20mil in a 10ish litre bucket in late veg/early flower and it kept fungus gnats down and had no negative effects on my plants, i'm wondering if it will be okay for organic methods.

Cheers guys

CC
Haven't tested the oil, maybe I'll do that on my next round of testing but here's the neem seed meal (cake).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Yi9ULGgps

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

As a nutrient tea you can store this in the fridge or on the cool floor. I've used it this way for a couple of weeks. Not a compost tea!

blkantha

MM a clarification, Propionic acid is an organic acid, calcium propionate is an preservative used in baking industry. Can we use this for foliar application to supply Ca and control fungal pathogens ?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MM a clarification, Propionic acid is an organic acid, calcium propionate is an preservative used in baking industry. Can we use this for foliar application to supply Ca and control fungal pathogens ?

I'm unsure how this applies to 'tea' but I'll admit I have not a clue.

i would like to ask experts what they think about this "kind of tea" in organic grow :

30 ml of Ascophyllum Nodosum powder,
12 ml extract Ecklonia Maxima,
30 ml of BORLANDA FLUIDA (i dunno how to translate but it is a residual of fermented and distilled Beet Molasses...here the composition of it : N total 3%, N organic 3%, K2O water soluble 6%, C bio 10%)
20 ml of plain unchlorine water added one time per day, each day for 6 days

stiring at least one time per day

after 6 days mixed with 6 liter of plain unchlorine water to feed the plant.

what u think about it ?
thxxx

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would like to ask experts what they think about this "kind of tea" in organic grow :

30 ml of Ascophyllum Nodosum powder,
12 ml extract Ecklonia Maxima,
30 ml of BORLANDA FLUIDA (i dunno how to translate but it is a residual of fermented and distilled Beet Molasses...here the composition of it : N total 3%, N organic 3%, K2O water soluble 6%, C bio 10%)
20 ml of plain unchlorine water added one time per day, each day for 6 days

stiring at least one time per day

after 6 days mixed with 6 liter of plain unchlorine water to feed the plant.

what u think about it ?
thxxx

It sounds interesting and smelly but that is about all I can add for you. As a kelp tea it will likely provide some nutrients. It is not something I've done.

It sounds interesting and smelly but that is about all I can add for you. As a kelp tea it will likely provide some nutrients. It is not something I've done.

comparing with other recipes found here it seems an half way of fermented tea and anaerobic tea (but maybe i am wrong)

it is made for flowering by a lonely wolf that live around my mountains, he said that sometimes wait for 12 days...but really i dunno if it works...he does not like to answer too many questions.

how do it works in ur opinion ? (even if i know it is hard to have a clear idea about it) and what is it this "thing"?

anyway thx for your words.

p.s. i bought a copy of ur e-book Teaming with microbes...and i am "eating" it...i love it :) but now i want to buy a good microscope to understand more...soon or later i will do!!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
comparing with other recipes found here it seems an half way of fermented tea and anaerobic tea (but maybe i am wrong)

it is made for flowering by a lonely wolf that live around my mountains, he said that sometimes wait for 12 days...but really i dunno if it works...he does not like to answer too many questions.

how do it works in ur opinion ? (even if i know it is hard to have a clear idea about it) and what is it this "thing"?

anyway thx for your words.

p.s. i bought a copy of ur e-book Teaming with microbes...and i am "eating" it...i love it :) but now i want to buy a good microscope to understand more...soon or later i will do!!

I did not write the book. My friend Jeff Lowenfels wrote it.

Latest posts

Latest posts