What's new

TBugs "DIY" Aeroponic tutorial. plus a 4 strain grow!

B

Bigtimer7

very nice!

SOrry to hear bout what happened but things will be fine!

REP+++

PFCStone

I'm a bit late,but...better late than never!

I'm a bit late,but...better late than never!

Hi TBug! AWESOME thread. I am a newbie here and after surfing the threads I stumbled on in. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes but Im sure things have worked out for you. I recently started purchasing supplies to build the same Aero system you had for my first grow. I can only dream of getting a harvest like yours or SuperLarry's. Much kudos to the both of you and wish me luck!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Ah...the thread the started it all for me. Nice bump PFC. Im still rockin the fence posts 2.5 years later. Great method to grow IF you have the time to put together a well thought out system and the time to dedicate to maintaining your plants.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Well GrowTime, I didn't know there was any other type but a well thought out one! Build once and grow forever!

LOL you're still new around here, give it time. Reminds me of the system a guy on here built. He spray painted it a cheesy silver. He didn't know roots can clog up the drains. He even wanted to market them on Ebay. Yeah, there's some not-so-well-thought-out designs around. Besides, no system is perfect at build time. You'll probably put it together then not long after figure out how it could be better. Just how it is.

PFCStone

Your absolutely correct! I'm sure I'll be saying, "I wish i"d had done it this way" soon enough. I intend to build a system like this and house in a DIY stealth cabinet in a basemen . I ran across another that was made of round PVC opposed to the square tubing. Both would work for me I just need to decide on # of plants/size. I am planning a complete double cabinet for a perpetual grow (really a large attractive storage closet for my basement office) that will be 96"x96". DIY Clone bubbler and purchased DWC Drip Mother section in one section and DIY veg in the other half. I haven't decided on the system yet. The other side of the cabinet will be 2 identical 48"W x 48H x 30D flowering chambers. Maybe 36" deep. Planning on putting quality stuff into the cabinet. Growtime - Please school me as a newb i surely can use some guidance from veterans! NE input would be greatly appreciated!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
What would you like to know? Probably more productive to ask questions that you need answers to instead of me just randomly throwing stuff out there. And Im sure TBug will pop in at some point since he's still around.

Btw, go with the fence posts if you can afford them. They are much more solid at keeping the plants stable since they are flat sided.

PFCStone

Well I shall go with the the fence posts then! For starters-What depth of cabinet? 30" or 36" Room really isn't the problem! The problem is it has to be SUPER STEALTH!!!! Either way it will have to be built in sections and assembled on site. On the wall where it will be assembled, or more correctly, the other side is water, a drain, electricity, and venting possibilities. Also there is plenty of room to put a carbon scrubber in the top of the veg/mother side. Am I taking on more than I can handle for a first grow by attempting this? I am committed to this project and I intend to post my progress. I wanna use CO2 in the flowering chambers too! When I get more familiar with posting a picture of my space I'll post that. My first question is, With a complete double cabinet with a clone/veg chamber on one half and a double 48"x48" "stacked" flowering chambers on the other side - my question is how to vent all these areas? Light them (flower) with 400 watts or 600? I'm looking at the NextGen 400W/600W with LumenAire 8. Thats enough for now.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I suggest you start a thread in the Growroom Design forum for specific help on room design issues. I have no experience with cabinets and the like, sorry. My room is just a room with lights and plants in it :) Go with 600w lights if you can afford them and a big enough fan (6" minimum) to ventilate. 600w HPS covers 3x3 very well or 4x4 pretty well so you'd need enough lights to cover the whole canopy. But more lights means more power so you'll have to devise a method to power them all. Also means more heat so you'll have to address that too. That's what the Growroom forum is for.

Anything related to designing and building the actual fence post system Ill be happy to help you with though.

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High ALL! Holly revival of the dead thread..Batman...lol! Thanks all for stopping in and the kind words.
IGT, Thanks man. Yeah, im still around...barely...lol.
PFC, dude if you look in on like page 14-18 of my current Chemdog run(sig.) You'll see that I scrapped the original build. I went with more of a manifold design like IGT. The old system rocked, but change-over between grows was a bitch as the roots would grow around the internal spray bar and essentially locking the netpots in. You needed a crowbar to release them..lol. the post are still the way to go however.
Send us a link to your thread when its up and running.
Peace all and thanks, bugout

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
11 plants - What is the footprint of that system? Will it fit a 48"W x 30"D?
High PFC! Well, I certainly dont use all 11..lol. Its in a space thats more like 3x4.5 feet. It can be much more than 30in wide. I have the 600w in there, but the side lighting was really needed for even growth.
Peace and thanks, bugout

PFCStone

8 or 11 = both work!

8 or 11 = both work!

High right back at ya! Maybe downsize to 3 x 2 x 3 for an even 8. This is the same as my veg chambers capabilities. It is going to be a DIY drip or possibly a DWC version I purchase. 8 plants will surely be sufficient for me.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
High right back at ya! Maybe downsize to 3 x 2 x 3 for an even 8. This is the same as my veg chambers capabilities. It is going to be a DIY drip or possibly a DWC version I purchase. 8 plants will surely be sufficient for me.

Famous last words. :lurk:

PFCStone

I haven't partaken of the sacred herb since 11/26/94! I'm looking forward to eating my words...toking my words. Actually I want to get an iInhale...Iolite and a Volcano. If you know anything about either of them let me know! IGT-Do you have an itemized list to build that system. I'm going shopping and want to get the darned thing built so I can design the cabinet around it. In your opinion, am I getting in over my head with an aeroponic system over something easier?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts