What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tbone's Slow Grow Show of Perpetual Madness

Tbonegrower

HP: It has not been nearly as big an issue as I would have thought. Everything has been calming down a bit, and the TJ ended up performing and finishing out pretty decently.

Jon: Not sure. When I was running full organic I ran guanos more than full on composts. Look at Avinash.miles organics for a better idea on ecoscraps vs other compost. They run bokashi and all sorts of fun 100% organic amendments.

Almost done wiring the 50amp subpanel for the new room. Totally overkill, but I will sleep better knowing it is all running on good circuits and not overloading some wiring I cannot see. Pictures of the build coming up.

:smoke out:

Tbonegrower

The show is getting bigger

The show is getting bigger

I have been a busy guy. Got all moved in and decided to make a small version of my dream happen. Staked out a corner of the basement and wired up a 50 amp sub-panel in the space. Over all the room will be 4' 7" wide by 11' 2" long. The flower room will be a 4'ishx4'ish space with 7' ceilings. I will be running a big ass 6" hood running a 1000w HPS, I couldn't afford to build an LED and a room. My plan is 4 5 gallon pots with amended coco. The watering will be controlled by an arduino unit and will run two pumps. One pump will be running ph adjusted water and the other will be running a flower mix mostly based on maxibloom. I will be running a perpetual, with a small veg session to get things started. The lighting will be run on 220 to lower the amperage draw, and everything else will run off of a pair of dedicated 110 circuits. The veg box may get its own 220 ballast, but I have not worked that out permanently yet. I have an outlet in place, but if I don't use it, I don't use it. For now I will be using a concoction of my older lights from previous builds. It will likely be a combo of 100w MH and off the shelf LED.

The rest of the space will be used for my current boxes, an updated veg box to feed the big room fashion, and a drying space to deal with the perpetual harvests. The main door to the room will be "invisible" and will use an RFID actuated magnet lock, running on a backup battery as an additional precaution. Not sure how well I will be able to pull off complete invisibility as my aspirations may outdo my actual capabilities. Screw it, I am gonna try my damndest to make it freaking cool at the very least.

Now for a few pictures. I promise there will be more.

After these pictures were taken the 220 loop was wired completely and all of the 110 wire is run with about 50% of it connected.

More to come.

M

Mr. Sparkle

Sweet, excited to see what come out of your build i would love that much space to play with but their are needs vs wants and im already way past my need level lol

Just dropping by to say congrats on the move and the WIP space. When I finish building the house, I am either putting an attic (fully insulated of course) grow space, or will dig out a space under the house (lots of work, but has to be done discretely).

Of course I could just put wheels on the shed and move it the 1/4 mile up the road, what could go wrong lol.

Tbonegrower

Thanks Jelly!

I got the insulation and plastic up. The electrical is done and I am looking to hang lights fans and what not in the next couple of weeks. Things have been a bit hectic for the last few weeks, getting settled and all. I will be back around a bit more soon.

Good luck to everyone!

Tbonegrower

I wanted to throw out there that I have been uploading pictures with the intent of making some really nice posts. I can't make the posts quite yet, so I highly recommend the link in my sig.

Thanks folks!!

Tbonegrower

So I have been very busy lately on all fronts. I have not stopped rolling along with my micro grows, and I have 5 plants in the big room vegging for the next few weeks. I have a fully operational Arduino controlled 1000W room that is a little over 4’ x 4’. The lamp is set at 50% right now, as the plants in there have been transplanted and moved in to the room over the last week. For my opening round in there I have been planning a couple experiments, mostly related to the size of the pot, but I also have a few different strains. I am working with two separate White Walker plants, 1 purple orange CBD (in one of my much favored 7”x7” pots), 1 Tijauana (which has become one of my favorites as of late), and a Cherry OG. The white walkers all look quite strong, and seem to both lean to the skywalker side. The POCBD is being run in my small flower box as well, and because of how well she is doing in there I couldn’t help but put a clone into the big experiment. The structure of the POCBD is very indica, and has some of the broadest leaves I have grown in quite some time. The TJ is one of my favorites these days. It yields well, smokes great, and one or two hits has me set for hours on end. The Cherry OG has been a trooper and stuck with me through a move, two near death dry outs, and at least 3 clone -> mother cycles as she has been known to over grow the veg box I have been keeping her locked in. I am pretty sure I have only flowered out the COG once in the little box, but my documentation has been a little shotty since the divorce.

With all of that having been said, look for pictures within the week.

Mr Pyr0

So I have been very busy lately on all fronts. I have not stopped rolling along with my micro grows, and I have 5 plants in the big room vegging for the next few weeks. I have a fully operational Arduino controlled 1000W room that is a little over 4’ x 4’. The lamp is set at 50% right now, as the plants in there have been transplanted and moved in to the room over the last week...........

I've started playing around with Arduino, so would be really interested in knowing more about what you are doing, do you have any more details of what you are controlling ?

Cheers

Tbonegrower

Jelly - I am super busy on a whole bunch of fronts. Still trying to do some updates....

Pyr0 - The arduino runs two separate pumps that are triggered off of separate moisture sensors and controlled by relays. The lights are controlled by a contactor that is run off of a relay. I have it pulling in temp and humidity data from a DHT22 and it also is setup to control the fan speed from full speed to the adjusted speed. It checks for the need to water every 4 hours and it runs the lights based on which program I have it going at the time. I also have manual trigger water buttons and a reset statistics button. It has been a huge learning curve, but I have reduced my time in the garden to about 5-10 minutes a day.

More false promises: Pics to come. I chopped a Purple Orange CBD yesterday and the White Walker Kush will be coming down early next week. There are three Tijuana plants that will come down early February too.