What's new

Taxi Driver

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
its probably safer to deliver weed than people. i was out drinking one time with a neighbor friend and we took a taxi back after we were smashed from drinking and watching football at the bar for 12 hours. on the way back from the bar i got a call from a friend. i pull my phone out to see who it is "sarah" and he sees the phone and thinks its his wife and accused me of fucking his wife because she comes over to smoke weed when hes at work. so he starts throwing punches at me and we wind up in a fight in the back of a cab. as the cab driver turns around yelling at us he swerves into another car and caused an accident. luckily we were close enough to my neighborhood for me to run the fuck out before cops got there.

i dont know how the fuck anyone would want to drive a cab. ive never seen one of them that looks happy. they always look tired as shit. depressed. angry. etc.etc. they cant make much money. out here nobody tips cab drivers because the fares are soo fucking expensive. and fuck driving that shit sucks.

but do what you want to do. personally id start up a mj delivering business before i fucked with driving drunks around in the middle of the night..

L

longearedfriend

Contacts can be painful if you're not used to them. Glasses, not painful at all. They're a minor annoyance at first, then you get used to them and you don't notice them anymore.

Sure you're dependent on them, but what's the alternative? Not seeing clearly? If you need them for reading, that means you can't easily read a map or read directions. Then you're dependent on an unreliable GPS system. Eventually the GPS will direct you towards a traffic jam, and you'll need to read the map on the screen to see how to get around it. Or, god forbid, you'll have to read a paper map or directions while driving.

I don't think wearing corrective lenses will worsen your eyesight, but many people will gradually have worse vision as they get older. It's better to correct it now if your vision isn't great. Perfect vision beats the minor inconvenience of wearing corrective lenses.

yeah don't worry I accepted the fact
and it will help me

but the way it was presented to me made it sound like an unpleasant thing

the fact that your starting to lose your senses you know

but I accepted it

this was your question
What's wrong with wearing glasses (or contacts) all the time? They're not painful at all, trust me.

I hope this answered your question

I can actually read a map pretty good

it's text in small fonts that makes me squint

but single words is fine

L

longearedfriend

as for driving a taxi

here it's mostly middle eastern people

I love where I live, I lived here all my life

I am not scared

and like you said bro, you don't see a lot of happy ones

well, I will be able to offer the opposite, I will be doing night shifts most probably (that's how you start)

I am still going to school and I have others jobs and skills but I just felt like trying it, something new + experience + some fun (lol yeah yeah)

it doesn't have to be some crazy pedal to the metal
fucked up in the head, hurry to get fares drivings

I don't live in a big city so things might be different here

there are still good people left in my city

I am reminded of a phrase, find the job no one wants to do and do it better then anyone else

Driving a taxi is not like walking around with your mouth open for people to spit in

when I find the time i'm gonna go look for taxi jokes

Last edited:

mrcreosote

Veteran
Here's a tip:
Print up cards with your name and company phone number on them. My uncle (much closer to my age than my father's) drove cab while healing from an injury did this and passed them out to higher end clientele. His being a raging extrovert and possibly the funniest human then alive certainly didn't hurt business as well. In a short time he was getting calls for driving biz execs, film people and assorted movers and shakers who would ask specifically for him as a driver. He would ask them to hand out his cards to their friends, and they did.
It wasn't long before he made more money in wages and tips than he did at his regular decent paying job.
Courteous, friendly service is rare enough these days that people will tip very well when they get it. (if they have money)

Granted, he drove in Boston which is a major metro city, but the same principle would hold true pretty much anywhere. Network with customers and elevate your service from the anonymous to the personal.

Try not to get robbed too much. The boss hates that.

L

longearedfriend

Thanks bro

this is exactly why I am actually taking the time to do this, (I have a good feeling about it)