What's new

Taxes

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Canadian law should be based on UK law. In the UK, an entity has 6 years in which they can begin legal action to recover owed monies or write them off. That time starts at the point negotiations end as to the repayment of said money.
So either, you have seen that money owed on your bill every year until now, and have previously agreed to pay it (in the future at some point), or, if the rules are the same, they are shit out of luck with enforcing their claim through the courts.
Sadly this doesn't stop many from trying. They buy up old debts about the be written off, for pennies on the pound, and chase as hard as they can ( but not through the courts). Some may send them a few quid on the agreement the rest will be written off.
Check out Canadian claims limitations, timelines.

Smokerman

Veteran
Canadian law should be based on UK law. In the UK, an entity has 6 years in which they can begin legal action to recover owed monies or write them off. That time starts at the point negotiations end as to the repayment of said money.
So either, you have seen that money owed on your bill every year until now, and have previously agreed to pay it (in the future at some point), or, if the rules are the same, they are shit out of luck with enforcing their claim through the courts.
Sadly this doesn't stop many from trying. They buy up old debts about the be written off, for pennies on the pound, and chase as hard as they can ( but not through the courts). Some may send them a few quid on the agreement the rest will be written off.
Check out Canadian claims limitations, timelines.
Last 5 years showed $0 dr.
The outstanding balance goes back 10-12 years. In the process of getting it straightened out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gry

Smokerman

Veteran
You gotta love the cra

Attachments

• BDEB313B-E159-455D-ADDB-E22785A02CAB.jpeg
    BDEB313B-E159-455D-ADDB-E22785A02CAB.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 52

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I was able to get through the shell of IRS incompetence with my story, via the 'Taxpayer Advocate' service the IRS has. At least it is a way in the door.

I am getting back the moolahs they have been stealing from me as a result, with interest. And NO MORE STEALING!

Latest posts

Latest posts