What's new

Task Force on Cannabis-Derived Intoxicants and Illegal Cannabis Production – Agenda

Nannymouse

Well, that would be the first death from thc that i have ever heard. It would be a horrible thing to have a child die.
I would think that there could have been some sort of heart problem, prior to the gummies, though. And that's about as politically correct i can get on this subject.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well, that would be the first death from thc that i have ever heard. It would be a horrible thing to have a child die.
I would think that there could have been some sort of heart problem, prior to the gummies, though. And that's about as politically correct i can get on this subject.
If it turns out to be true it'll be a game changer, for sure. :oops::shucks::whistling:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Some sites say it was delta 8.
Don't know if the legal system needs that long but it happened early may 2022.
took awhile for the toxicollogy report and then the Grand Jury and murder charge on 10/20.

"From December 2020 and February 2022, the agency said it received 104 reports of adverse events involving products containing delta-8 THC.

National poison control centers received 2,362 cases of exposure to such products during the same period, including one pediatric case coded with an outcome of death, according to the FDA."

Gry

Veteran
We need a national compassionate use act.
Would think that this is what an organized pushback by the forces which oppose the
use of cannabis would look like.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
fairly common knowledge that thc causes heart rate increase for roughly 2 hours after getting a buzz. some weed much speedier than others. since no one has died from thc before, what evidence do they have of causation ? or is this one of those instances where "well, we don't know. but we found thc in the blood. so, unless something else shows up & we're proven wrong, we'll go with the one we don't like..." all science i have read says it is physically impossible to smoke/eat enough weed for the thc to kill you.