What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tashkurgan grow and smoke report

Djav, Thanks for the info About how far away can you notice your plants smell from? I'd hate to start my seeds and have to chop them when they start flowering. These are expensive seeds, I may hold off on these until I get an indoor setup. I have a number of sativas to try, those are usually very low odor.

I like to keep my growing discrete, even though I am in a legal state.

Your plants look quite healthy, it's a nice looking strain. They are hash plants, so I would expect sticky. Looking forward to a smoke report. How is the plant in the last two photos nearly done so early?

djav59

Greetings Serrated
That was started into flower indoors after 2 months veg. now in 8th week or so .
I accidentally hit it with nitrogen so it is clawing and extending perhaps some.
I see one Banana but possibly more due to my being the timer it probably stressed and it or the Thai ones caused seeds I haven't seen spent pollen sacks but its evident so yes my tech has been poor due to medical issues but I'm still pleased and they show great promise as all RSC offerings Ive dealt with so far.
Had to say about odor I have a strong nose but other may not notice as much and terp production varies with other factors too .
As these are limited I would wait until you had good setup.

Djav59, I had clawing too and I haven't put that much nitrogen. I think my clawing had a little to do with not enough light penetration, but my plant outside now has no clawing.
Serrated Margin, just a note that you have ACE/Afghan Selection which may be different than the RSC that Djav59 and I have. I would go larger than a two gallon, the RSC Tashkurgan do veg large and they didn't go to flower quickly. I took clones and did see quite a bit of variation in the flower, some flowers are not sizing up much, which will likely mean less aroma. The RSC Tashkurgan so far is a quite pleasant smell, more sweet and I don't foresee it being an odor nuisance.

Thanks guys, glad to hear that it may be a bit odiferous, but at least it is not an odor powerhouse like some skunk strains.

As you advise, I think I may wait to pop these seeds until I have an indoor setup.

djav59

Cut Tash.
Here is smaller plant had to cut early due to botrot.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

djav59

The plant is more suited for hash not for flower and, has potential for breeding but for this area outdoors its a no go.

djav59

Let me be more specific the plant I flowered was smallest of the lot and was early harvest others may get different results .
I find potential in breeding this but, as is out of the box this area is too tough on it too many temp and weather fluctuations .
There are still more plants I am evaluating.

Tash flower

Tash flower

Nice posts djav59. Here is a flower pic, this is from clones I took, the moms are in the ground outside. I would say a cherry almond aroma, haven't taste it yet.

Attachments

• 20200608_194417.jpg
    20200608_194417.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 96
At first I thought the leaf curl was from too much wind, but it may be too much nitrogen, the leaf curl began in veg. It also may be not enough light penetration. I don't think it is genetic because the plants outside dont have the leaf curl. Some phenos have better yields than others. I agree with djav59 that it would be better as a hash plant than for flower.

djav59

I have seen curl and drooping similar, and it was due to the plants rapid growth the largest plant uses a large amount of water

djav59

The foliage retains a lot of moisture partial key to growth and systemic problems too.
Sorry I have to keep posting computer is getting thermal overload too.

djav59

If these plants self pollinate and cant go to full seed then throw it into hash bucket because every calyx will have immature unsmokeable seeds .

meizzwang

SMOKE REPORT

After a 9 month cure, the best smelling pheno was sampled. The relative density of glandular trichomes on the bud was slightly low, so it was hard to get a good tasting "green rip," most of the hits tasted grassy. However, I did get one good rip and it tasted just like the old school indiana bubblegum, except not as pungent in flavor. Nevertheless, the aroma on this particular clone was very unique!

Potency-wise, I'd rate it as low, even for someone with very little tolerance. This is just the single sample I tried of the most amazing smelling individual, there are no doubt more potent individuals if you grow enough plants. After 5 rips, I barely felt stoned, could feel a slight body high and slight light headedness. For certain, this variety, as mentioned by others in this thread, is best for hash/extractions, but I still think this is a great genetic resource to look through if you want to create new flavors and aromas. the batch of seeds I got also have a high frequency of polyembryony (multiple sprouts from a single seed), so that is something breeders might want to look into as well.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Great to find this thread.

I have 5 Tashkurgans going. Only one male, and there's also one that is not yet sexed. I'd prefer a male at this point so I could make some seeds to keep. I popped all my Tash seeds from RSC, and only got 5 to keep going. I've planted these late, but I can do that where I live. Semi-arid. They're outside, too. Here's an earlier pic:
2Q==

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Ok I think I"m gettng the hang of this posting images thing. These are more recent pics, and hopefully a little better quality.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

... well, maybe the quality's not quite there on the images. Anyway, those are three of the Tashkurgans I got going

Attachments

• 10-25 tash od1.jpg
    10-25 tash od1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 10-25 tash od2.jpg
    10-25 tash od2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 10-25 tash od3.jpg
    10-25 tash od3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 38

Zero Hedge

Veteran
out of 5ive I got one male.

attachment.php

Although I plan to make seeds, I wish I had more males for diversity.

The females are progressing
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10-31 tash male.jpg
    10-31 tash male.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 10-31 tash1.jpg
    10-31 tash1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 49
  • 10-31 tash3.jpg
    10-31 tash3.jpg