What's new

Taping buds to a fan to dry.

DankSide

For anyone who wants to know if they should tape their buds to the fan like i did, i dont know how well it will work when they are finally dry but this is not a quick dry method. Judging by how much my buds dried overnight i would estimate that it would take about 3+ days to be dry uning this method.

lol I don't think anyone would recommend lazily taping a couple small buds to a dusty fan. There are better ways which you have already found to a quick dry for your buds. On top of a toaster oven, tv, router, laptop (upside down), clean fan, etc are all better ideas than the picture I just looked at. :pumpkin:

I don't believe there is a question about whether light degrades thc during the curing process, the only thing I'm not 100% on is how much it degrades.

Why don't you show us all proof of your awesome theory and set half your harvest in complete light with the other half being put in the dark? Let us know how you get ripped off yer face broseph, totaleezy trashwrecked off some of that fan dust - hope you're keeping the grow clean.

PhenotypeX

Allow me to rebuttal, (im good at this)

Over time, light degrades alot of things. i left a hat on the spot above the back seat of my car, in the back window for about 6 months, and the sun had faded the color out of the hat, so it definitely degrades things over time. Im sure that OVER TIME heat will also degrade thc, but ive proven to myself that light and heat DO NOT degrade thc in 1 hours worth of time(at least not a noticable amount of thc). If i did, i wouldnt have gotten high b/c i left my bud in front of a window in the sunlight on top of a very hot radiatior. So if light and heat kill thc in 1 hour, i wouldnt have gotten high right?

BTW, i smoke alot of weed and have a very high tolerance. The second i took a hit of this quick dried bud, it immediately felt like it was eating my brain(I often get this feeling when smoking potent bud). As soon as the "brain pain" passed, i was absolutely retarded. It was a rushy, up high, but so powerful that i still couldnt get off the couch, all i could do was sit there and feel all "rushy".

G

Green Supreme

There is something to be said for smoking nugs fresher, them having more terps that have yet to evaporate. Peace GS