What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangerine kush DWC scrog

Ben,

Honestly it depends. She can be harvested at 8 weeks with mostly clear tricromes. At that stage it's a very sativa upbeat, happy, clear headed, energetic high. Harvested in week 9 things change... still happy and upbeat but makes things like carrying a conversation a little difficult. What I mean by that is it takes a minute for you to realize someone is talking to you because you are so lost in your own thoughts. She also gets a little trippy in higher doses at this point.

Off subject side note:

I will be getting this run tested by a lab for potency, terpene profile, and cleanliness. I want hard numbers for a benchmark reference.

Week 5 update

Week 5 update

Been a busy week. Everything is going smoothly this week. Worth noting that pistils are changing. Probably showing around 20% overall are mature. She drank over 10 gallons of water this week so far and ate 400ppm of nutes with the 10 gallons of water. Here's some pics of how she is coming along.

Attachments

• 20170630_201417.jpg
    20170630_201417.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170630_191728.jpg
    20170630_191728.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170629_200239.jpg
    20170629_200239.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170629_200147.jpg
    20170629_200147.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 11
Oh and the fun part. I'm leaving for 2 weeks and that means operational control will be turned over to my wonderful fiancee. Final feeding will be on Tuesday. After this it will be topped off with straight tap water with no ph adjustments. It should equate to a slow taper off of nutrients leading into a flush. I can't wait to see how this monster plant turns out ��

gh0stm0de

How much does lab testing run up there FF? I understand your distinction between week 8 and 9 but which is your personal preference? Do you notice shift in terps or duration of effect over that final week?

Depending on lab it's gonna cost me a few hundred between transportation and testing. Closest lab is over 2 hours away by road or a 30 minute plane ride. Honestly I'm a fan of week 9. Smells and taste are similar. My nose says citrus cleaner both weeks while growing. After a good cure she is still citrusy, but with some sweet/funk undertones. She is very loud. She can be smelled through zip lock bags ha ha.

Well it's been an interesting run so far. From the rough start to now having to leave for weeks 7 and 8. Not what I would call an ideal grow by any means. Bah enough whining from me. Anyhow here's how she looks currently.

Attachments

• 20170703_204740.jpg
    20170703_204740.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170703_161345.jpg
    20170703_161345.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170703_161012.jpg
    20170703_161012.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 9

starke

Understand your feelings about leaving. Bet your fiance will do a great job. My misses did while I was gone for a week. Plants are looking impressive. Can't wait to see your harvest results.

Remote update: my better half sent me a few pictures of the tents. Veggies and the next plants going into bloom in about 2 weeks. Looks like the colas are bending under weight.

Attachments

• received_10210880036209683.jpg
    received_10210880036209683.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 10
  • received_10210880036889700.jpg
    received_10210880036889700.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 9
  • received_10210880037049704.jpg
    received_10210880037049704.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 9
  • received_10210880037089705.jpg
    received_10210880037089705.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Week 8 update, have a look!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Branches got a little heavier while I was gone....
So after some examination under a microscope, we are looking at roughly 5% Amber tricomes. The res was drained and refilled with tap water. I should be cutting her down this weekend. Any guesses on final weight on this grow?

All big fan leaves have been plucked. The light has been shut off. Tomorrow is chop and trim day. I also stuck the dehumidifier in the tent. It has been raining up here for the better part of the last two weeks. Relative humidity is is over 45%. The colas aren't the biggest I have grown, but they are super dense. I don't want mold to get a chance taint this bountiful harvest. I will wet trim and break down the colas into nugs.
picture.php

gh0stm0de

Dehuey in the tent was a great move. What % trichs are usually cloudy when you chop? I dont like too much amber unlesss its for sleep or pain

bigbud78

Good grow frozen fire beautiful plant I'll hazard a conservative guess there's around 10 to 13 oz there give or take

Regards bb78

benjuanman

Veteran
Looking awesome FF she's looking nice and frosty. Mad to think that you only have one plant in there. Not long now till harvey exciting times. Keen to see what u pull from her.

Harvest report part 1

Harvest report part 1

My fears of all the damp weather were not unfounded. I lost the top 2 inches off of 75% of my beautiful colas. The mold was very miniscule, but I could see it.... so all of the tainted bud got segregated. Oh and 2 smaller colas got bud rot. I examined each bud up close under a light. It took forever and when in doubt, it went I to the tainted pile.

If you are still reading this and are ready for good news, I have a plan. The tainted bud will be cleaned with two different methods. First method I will be trying is called fresh frozen. I'm still debating weather it will be bho or qwiso. I've made both in the past with great results, always with cured bud though. I will also winterize it either way. Method number 2 will be water curing. I've got more homework to do on it, but my memory is telling me that it might be an effective fix. Eyebling the pile of bud, I'm guessing it is around 1 to 1.5 oz dry weight.

The rest of the harvest looks pretty good. The fucking mold stole most of the densest buds. This was the densest I have ever seen my tangerine kush get. Seriously, rock hard buds before drying. Anyhow I've got the beast cut down, 80% of the harvest was wet trimmed and 20% got left on branches for branch drying hanging up. All leaves were separated as I trimmed. Fan leaves and leaves with little to no resin were thrown out. Sugar leaves and popcorn went into their own pile. Sugar/popcorn will be made into concentrates. B grade buds will be made into concentrates as well, I might mix in prime buds, but nothing else. The prime bud will be dried and cured for no less than a 2 weeks but will probably go for a few months.

Other things worth noting:
Smell- she still smells citrus, but this took a back seat to some serious skunk smell. She got very and I mean very loud.
Maturity: pistils are all reddish brown, and tricomes are cloudy with 15% Amber. Absolutely covered in resin.
Appearance: upper buds are green with tips having lovely light purple calyxes scattered about. Lower buds range from light green to white. The fluffier it is the more white they tend to be. Pronounced resin even on the popcorn.

Here's a few pics. The buds below are ones i cut a few days ago and are almost ready for sampling. Another side note, i will be drying the root mass and then weighing it. Curious to see correlation between root/bud weight. Let me know your thoughts on how this is turning out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

starke

Sorry to hear about the mold. Your "good" buds look like they are going to rock it though based on those two pics. Congrats.

Latest posts

Latest posts