What's new

Tan powder on leaves and stems

Sage Bundle

A few months ago I had a little powder mold issue which I irraticated with jms mineral oil. It worked well but after harvest I decided to buy a sulphur burner to burn in the vacant flower room before bringing in the plants from the veg. However when I burned it I forgot to turn off the ventilation that circulates from the veg tent to the grow room. I had just sprayed the plants in the veg room with jms oil so they were still wet which as you probably know creates sulphuric acid. I ended up trashing most the veg except for a couple plants I nursed back and starting some new seeds. The couple of the plants I nursed back ended up developing this tan powder on them so I had to trash them. But by that time some of the plants that I started from seed started developing the tan powder. The powder appears to burn new growth and buds on the plants as they are beginning to form. I tried putting a couple outside for a few days which seems to help but it returns once back inside. Anyone experience anything like this or have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20230704_194220.jpg
    20230704_194220.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 20230704_194433.jpg
    20230704_194433.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 42

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thank you for the post it's very interesting and helpful. Sorry to hear about your plants crashing friend. If you have an environment that's conducive to producing mold and trying to fix it with external chemicals there's going to be problems. I can't grow Sativas in the hot desert or Indicas in the tropics just by using chemicals. If you got to burn sulfur and spray oil on your plants you may have an environmental problem you need to look at. Also only plant mold-resistant seeds.

Oldtimer's Haze and hybrids are very resistant to moisture, rains, winds, fungus, especially OTH x sativa hybrids.

Sage Bundle

Thank you for the post it's very interesting and helpful. Sorry to hear about your plants crashing friend. If you have an environment that's conducive to producing mold and trying to fix it with external chemicals there's going to be problems. I can't grow Sativas in the hot desert or Indicas in the tropics just by using chemicals. If you got to burn sulfur and spray oil on your plants you may have an environmental problem you need to look at. Also only plant mold-resistant seeds.

Oldtimer's Haze and hybrids are very resistant to moisture, rains, winds, fungus, especially OTH x sativa hybrids.
Thanks Creeperpark, the pm issue started when my ac went out and it took 5 weeks to get the part to fix it.