What's new

Talking about Growing, Smoking, and Collecting.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Did you get the idea for trays from cocoforcanabis ?

great site. The hot water boiler catch trays from lowes/homedepot have the drain hole pre plumbed. You just need garden hose and slightly elevated to drain excess nutes into catch basin outside tent.

the quantum kush looks super.

Definitely did. That one sight has the most helpful information all in one place. I've always loved Icmag, even when I was a lurker, and I've learned a lot here, but you do have to wade thru many rocks to find the gems.

When I first started setting these up, the Little Giant condensate pump was $79.99. now it's 129-200 depending on site. But I do love the automatic shutoff feature.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that.
:tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Me and my friend ordered some seeds.
I said I wasn't going to order anything else for a while...
Oh well.

I wanted to try out the Northern Lights F2s and the Skunk #1 from ToddMcCormick . I know there's a bunch of ruckus in the Haze threads over Todd, but I've never had problems with him and he's always been more than cordial.

zif

Veteran
Me and my friend ordered some seeds.
I said I wasn't going to order anything else for a while...
Oh well.

I wanted to try out the Northern Lights F2s and the Skunk #1 from ToddMcCormick . I know there's a bunch of ruckus in the Haze threads over Todd, but I've never had problems with him and he's always been more than cordial.

The plants from Greg sure look interesting. Looking forward to seeing what you find in the NL!

Legalcdn

Nice advantage of the elevated saucers is it prevents most non flying insects a barrier. Defence in dept i call it. If you duct tape around container perimeter and then apply tanglefoot to duct tape (easier to remove duct tape with tanglefoot). It catches a few insects. Even some water in bottom as a makeshift moat is good.

i like your setup, nice and clean.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
The plants from Greg sure look interesting. Looking forward to seeing what you find in the NL!

Yeah, me too! I missed out on all the big names, because Im only 40 and never had any good connections. Most of the bags I bought didn't have labels and I didn't necessarily believe them when they did. Very excited about these and the skunk1s

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Nice advantage of the elevated saucers is it prevents most non flying insects a barrier. Defence in dept i call it. If you duct tape around container perimeter and then apply tanglefoot to duct tape (easier to remove duct tape with tanglefoot). It catches a few insects. Even some water in bottom as a makeshift moat is good.

i like your setup, nice and clean.

Thanks!!
now I need to clean up the rest of the house. 😂

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Lost one Fruit-Tella seedling to Damping off.
IMG_20210902_143527642.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Can anyone make a recommendation on a dehumidifier for my grow room, that is easy to keep clean of algae mold and mildew?
I recycle the dehuey water, so I don't have to carry so many buckets up the stairs.
It would be nice if I could order one that disassembled easily for cleaning.

Cvh

Supermod
Nice! Btw, I read too on his Instagram that he'll be releasing Northern Lights #2 seeds soon.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
IMG_20210828_103915933.jpg
IMG_20210828_103835006_HDR.jpg
Here I am sniffing out the hemp plants at the Virginia Cannabis Growers Symposium at Belmont Distillery.
TImes are changing...
When I first started I bought a burner cell phone under a fake name, created Google account and email with fake name, and I got a prepaid debit card in a fake name. All so I could order seeds, equipment and post pictures on Icmag. Then I downloaded an EXIF data modifier, and deleted all the data attached to any pictures I posted.
now I'm just putting a pic of myself without clearing exit.
Brave new world.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
IMG_20210905_143852495.jpg
IMG_20210905_143846142.jpg
IMG_20210905_143835184.jpg
Every year my outdoors plants get attacked by leaf spot septoria.
this year it held off longer than usual, but in full force on the Williams Wonder cross.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Have you tried any IPM preventive treatments? Might be an option.

Yes, it's easier to prevent than cure.
I have used Karanja, Neem, ATAK, copper based fungicide, doctor zymes, and Regalia.
This year I sprayed weekly treatments of Regalia and I spray a stronger concentrate Dr Zymes after rain .
The addition of Regalia and Dr Zymes this year pushed back the speed of infection.
I read that septoria lays dormant in the leaf litter all winter and then when rain falls on the leaf litter it will splash the septoria on to the lower leaves. This is why it always starts at bottom of plants and works way up. I Also read to grow the plants in different soil and different location to where I had infection lady year.
So I grew in pots in my backyard instead of in the ground and in a field across the street.
I made sure there was no leaf litter or anything that could spread the disease.

My only option for next year (barring an introduction of a more successful treatment products) is more treatments.
Instead of weekly Regalia maybe once every 3 days.
And I will start drenching the soil with Regalia more frequently. .and Ill have to spray doctor Zymes more frequently. Maybe even a spray on top surface of soil to kill any septoria that has somehow landed there.

It's much less of a letdown this year tho. I told myself when starting the season that this would just be an experiment and learning experience. I never have much luck growing outside in Virginia. The humidity and summer rains are botrytis breeding ground.
My best results from outdoor was early finishing Purple Satellite that I chopped just as septoria spots were showing, and an Amnesia Lemon. But my outdoor bud is never equeal to my indoor. I just need to find a cultivar that can withstand our wet humid weather.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I love it when people tell me I'm breaking laws and then I correct them, and they leave my house transporting felony amounts.
no, I'm not breaking any laws, you are!