What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a guerilla

Looks good

Thanks man, you got anything going?

They are all looking nice Matt. Hope you make it to the end of season successfully.

Yeah me too, sucks that they found your big spot. That's the risk with bigger patches tho aye?

This is so awesome MattSki, you're really on to something nice there bro, hope it all works out for you.

Hope the rains haven't hit you too hard, we've had a weird kind of season up further north. Hopefully the BOP stays true to it's name.

:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

More rain forecasted for the next few days, hope it doesn't affect ya too much. Would just be a great watering for sativas...

love it looks great

Thanks man... only gets more interesting from here on out.

In my neck of the woods we are just getting ready for the spring and summer gardens. I probably won't run anything early and no indoor this year. But the full season summer garden is going to be great!

In my neck of the woods we are just getting ready for the spring and summer gardens. I probably won't run anything early and no indoor this year. But the full season summer garden is going to be great!

Nice! We are just entering Autumn and its funny cos Im already thinking about next season.

Its finally stopped raining here, raining on and off for 5 or 6 days. Definitely be a test of mould resistance for any in plants with any significant flowers, that Frisian dew at the bait plot is the one Im thinking about and slightly less worried about remaining HWFNV autos. I've been itching to go and see how the girls are doing but Im trying to have some discipline. Im not entirely sure I could do much if I found any mould anyway apart from take photos... but... I am currently reading through silverbacks thread on mould. Perhaps there are some other preventative actions I could be taking to avoid losing plants to mould, or at least minimize its effects.
If I could visit the plants to tend them daily it would make things alot easier.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Nice! We are just entering Autumn and its funny cos Im already thinking about next season.

Its finally stopped raining here, raining on and off for 5 or 6 days. Definitely be a test of mould resistance for any in plants with any significant flowers, that Frisian dew at the bait plot is the one Im thinking about and slightly less worried about remaining HWFNV autos. I've been itching to go and see how the girls are doing but Im trying to have some discipline. Im not entirely sure I could do much if I found any mould anyway apart from take photos... but... I am currently reading through silverbacks thread on mould. Perhaps there are some other preventative actions I could be taking to avoid losing plants to mould, or at least minimize its effects.
If I could visit the plants to tend them daily it would make things alot easier.

PestOil and Confidor Insecticide works on mould. The mould is harmless but it leads to an infestation of aphids, white flies or similar. These produce honeydew...that it the problem. Kill these insects and the mould disappears.

Spidermites are worse. They will decimate your plants overnight.

PestOil and Confidor Insecticide works on mould. The mould is harmless but it leads to an infestation of aphids, white flies or similar. These produce honeydew...that it the problem. Kill these insects and the mould disappears.

Spidermites are worse. They will decimate your plants overnight.

Ok I'll look those products up and see if we have it, or something similar. Is it more of a prevention or remedy type product?

Its interesting you mention spider mites cos I found one crawling across my hand after cutting one of the HWFNV autos. I didn't find any others but I didn't think they were a big issue outdoors... Have you had infestations outdoors? I seen a lot of aphids around on other surrounding native growth but nothing noticed on the plants so far. Any effect from the neem sprays would surely have been washed away by now so they have only their natural resistance at the moment. I think I am in the same boat as those who feel unnatural spraying water solutions onto flowering plants. Would defitely give those products a go if it meant reducing mould and bud-rot.

So we're getting some decent weather long may it continue but I'm not holding my breath... my smoke jar is low at the moment so I will go and get these before any further forecasted rain.

picture.php

picture.php

These were taken on the 5th so it's 11days ago.
I'm really hoping they aren't a ball of fuzz already...

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey man the bunch that the pigs got was over a frequently flown area... My risk. As we all do hahaha.. That mould can be a bastard... I try to trim a bud or branch every second or third lateral to increase air flow. For the spider mite. I have found it's only a problem when you bring outdoor plants inside.. Then they go ape shit. But left out side they look virtually untouched. Derris dust for mould. Or trim every odd branch out of the plants for air flow. With you on the thinking about next season. It is worse then an obsession. Keep safe man everything is looks good.

So my smoke jar level ended up being the deciding factor... and not the rain... decided I go and chop the hillside autos with the hope they'd last till next harvest (3-5weeks).

I ended up chopping 2, they didn't yield that much but considering they were pretty much untended and they were transplanted directly into native soil as seedlings...

picture.php

picture.php

I left this one... maybe another week...

picture.php

picture.php

Got to check in with the Black Russian while I was there...

picture.php

Great to not see any major mould, I didn't give them a full inspection but so far so good.
Even after seeing the difference in these autos over 12 days I still managed to resist going to see the bait plot... which is only 5 mins away!
It should be noted that even though these plants look like they could use more time to mature they are well beyond their... shit whats the word... the flowering time the breeders give you on the pack/website... anyway... the time they give is 8 weeks... I know that alot of the times breeders/or marketers put shorter flowering times but these are are around 12 weeks...

Stay safe...

seeded

Congrats on another harvest. I was a non-believer in those spots at first so I'm stoked to see you pulling it off :D

Most seedbanks lie and even when they're mostly truthful they still do shit like flowering sexually mature cuttings, not beginning their counting of flowering on the day they changed their timers and then harvesting them a couple of weeks earlier than we would. This can result in over a month of difference in stated flowering times and most people blame themselves and don't say anything while the ones who do are told that nature likes to throw out a bunch of phenos and that we should buy another pack if we want to find the one that was advertised to us in the first place. It's all bullshit to line their pockets but if you go into it assuming everything is going to need an extra month instead of getting shitty when things take much longer than stated you get happily surprised when they're quicker than you expected.

Congrats on another harvest. I was a non-believer in those spots at first so I'm stoked to see you pulling it off :D

Thanks man, yeah I am still pretty convinced that the bait plot is unsuitable for its location. Fortunately none of the plants in there have a cery strong smell yet (well as of 12 days ago really). I'll be walking that track every few days to track any smell issues. Its close by and a good excuse to get the dog out for a bit of exercise.
If I manage to keep these spots undiscovered, next year I'll fill them with minis and autos, no full season plants.
All the plants are really kicking into flower now. All still looking good for an April finish except maybe the tangerine dream, that might go into may.
I'd like to leave them all out as long as possible, let's hope the weather cooperates.

Rain rain go away...

Rain rain go away...

It's wet around here at the moment and forecast to stay that way for a few days so I went out to get the last HWFNV...

picture.php

picture.php

I gave it a quick trim and took it back to the dry spot I have set up at the PC and auto spot.

picture.php

I haven't had to make any repairs or maintenance of this setup, even after some decent rain and winds. Notice the dark camo of the tarp, no issues with tarp trapping moisture or debris. If I could find more like it I'd be all over that shit.

Here's a pic of the Pineapple Chunk (at the back), with the later HWFNV (in front).

picture.php

The HWFNV is the target for the CS pollen. I'm not confident that the male flowers are producing any viable pollen but I'm trying anyway.
The PC is about 3-4 weeks into flower and has a sweet fruity smell I also wouldn't mind if this get pollinated by any pollen floating around from the reversed autos. Results could be decent and both have a relatively low odor, for that stealth factor.

Bait update coming up...

The state of the bait

The state of the bait

So once again I just couldn't help myself, since I was in the area harvesting HWFNV auto anyway.
All looking well, surprisingly low odor for whats there.

Tangerine Dream

Looking green and healthy. Had a slow start but seems to have had some decent growth over the last month. Definitely the most sativa leaning strain I'm growing this season and will be last to finish likely mid-late May. Flowers are just beginning to form now, packet says 8-10weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

Pineapple Chunk

Looking pretty average, but still producing some flowers.
Should be close by 4/20, very slight sweet smell similar to other PC.
The PC in the other spot is doing better than this one and this will be purely because it was tended and watered more. I heard its good smoke so I'm not totally counting this strain out for guerrilla gardens yet.

picture.php

picture.php

The state of the bait continued...

The state of the bait continued...

Frisian Dew

My favorite of the bunch so far. Is ahead of the pack by about 2 weeks and will definitely be ready by 4/20, maybe even earlier.
Starting to gather some frost but no real smell yet.
I haven't seen any mold which is good, more rain at the moment though...

picture.php

picture.php

Money Maker

Looks like about 3 weeks into flower, looking pretty healthy, no issues. Again should be close around 4/20. Loving those fat green kushy leaves.
picture.php

picture.php

Hope everyone's well...
Peace

Beautiful plants, great job, and best of luck!

I used to have to do outdoor guerilla growing very similar to what you are doing. Small 4-5 plant plots and single plant spots scattered here and there. Exciting stuff for sure.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I have a couple of sativa Dom plants spot on with your timing to. The rest look goodan. Good shit. I have a few still going luckily...

rod58

very nice matt , they are coming along nicely . i grew pineapple chunk two year ago , turned out a very good puff but was mostly ravaged with mould ..good luck

Beautiful plants, great job, and best of luck!

I used to have to do outdoor guerilla growing very similar to what you are doing. Small 4-5 plant plots and single plant spots scattered here and there. Exciting stuff for sure.

Yep I learnt a lot from the growers such as yourself who have shared their experiences and knowledge, especially around guerrilla growing. I remember feeling like I was going to prison after harvesting my first solo plant on the side of a rural road, yielded about 4 grams...:laughing:

I have a couple of sativa Dom plants spot on with your timing to. The rest look goodan. Good shit. I have a few still going luckily...

I really like the idea of a good sativa but feel like the outcome in reality is closer to immature buds. Still... looking good so far.
Are you using anything for mould prevention?

very nice matt , they are coming along nicely . i grew pineapple chunk two year ago , turned out a very good puff but was mostly ravaged with mould ..good luck

Cheers Rod :tiphat:
Yea I have seen a couple of comments about PC now and it makes me feel better about my strain selection. Just doesn't seem like a set and forget type of plant, needs attention. Still waiting to see how it holds up in the weather.

That's awesome man, love those red stems on the TD. That fresian dew looks nice and sparkly too my man. Great stuff!

Yeah I like those stems too... am thinking about trying to save those 2 plants for next season. Not sure how yet...

Thanks to all for the encouragement, this style of growing can seem like a lonely task but your comments keep me motivated... which is much appreciated.

Laters...

budsnblunts

Veteran
Nothing for mould prevention. Was a hit and miss this year. I have already had a little mould on the blueberry gums. Seems sativa dominant as well. Wet roots has definitely played apart in that. I've got a zamaldelica pheno that takes about ten weeks to flower. Some fellas down coro ways reckon they were about fourteen feet tall. About the same size flowers how ever aahaha.. Been cool watching and following your mission.

Decisions decisions...

Decisions decisions...

Well its crunch time folks...
That time of the year when every guerrilla must consider when to pull and when to leave... especially with wet weather forecasts... I haven't been to many of the other spots and have no idea how many have fared after the last rains a week ago. Im pretty sure there will be some reasonably developed flowers on the majority by now.
I would hope that any strain I grew had the type of mould resistance that I could rely on... however... from others experience, such as Rod's mould experience with his Pineapple chunk... ive got to consider pulling this particular strain early, if weather is unfavorable.

I haven't seen the bait plot since I took those pics and I would hate to lose those frosty looking flowers to mould and budrot... especially located next to our earlier mentioned perpetrator PC.

With more rain on the horizon I will be looking to put tarp/covers up at drying locations I pre-prepared. We can chop and hang at any time and plants will continue to mature while drying. This makes me feel better about chopping earlier than what I would consider "ripe".

I will be making a visit to check the auto spot PC later today and if I see ANYTHING that concerns me... she comes down. Frisian Dew(bait) is the next candidate...

I want to leave everything as long as I can. Once I get a couple in I wont be as jumpy about wet weather. I know there are strains that handle it really well, I just don't know which. Ive seen some tuff starting on the autos - lowers that I left out but I've heard thats common with many autos outside

How do you guys deal with wet weather? Is it even a concern for you? Have you been growing your particular strain for 45+years and just know that rain ain't gonna do shit to you girls?

The other half is using the camera for the next week so no pics for a while...
anyway
peace

rod58

hey matt , i wouldn't write the PC off yet . mine may have been desecrated , mostly , but what was salvaged certainly was an excellent puff for sure . i really don't know your weather there and depending on how difficult it is to travel to and fro i'd hold off as long as possible .
as strains go though for mould resistance , my own i have never had a problem with .after all the inches we received and the water they have lain in the past month there's no sign yet of mould ..
the last three years i've tried quite a lot of new strains mainly because i only just discovered internet ..seriously !
i guess i was dazzled by the bling for a while , you know ..25% thc ..1000gm yield , etc , etc ..but after many losses and disappointments i discovered that what i was lured into was just based on those figures and not actual ..drought resistance , nute tolerances , mould resistance and such ..things that matter for a guerilla ..
what i have found is that the pure sativas haven't had mould issues at all and i believe they don't at all , its just a learning curve growing them especially with such a short season . i have a few just 2 weeks now into flowering so managing that in another 9 weeks will be daunting , haha , hope they're frost resistant !!
i hope that all your girls fare well matt and you can get a few pics up for us ..:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts