What's new

T8/T12 Flouro/CFL Micro SOG Cab (First grow, Advice is welcome!)

I

its just sky fi

The more looking online I do, the more I want to change my setup...

Anyone ever used/heard of/seen a grow wall? (www.growwall.ca)

If i could build one myself out of PVC or something... anyone done something similiar or seen a guide on how to?

I

its just sky fi

So the oldest of the plants are about 2 1/2 weeks old, they have been on the 12/12 schedule for 1 week now, (since roughly 3"-4" avg height)... they are getting bushy, with short internodal growth... some are gettin a lil stretchy... it will be better once i have the rest of my lights wired...

We have not lightproofed between the 2 chambers so I had a light leak majorly into what was supposed to be my dark period last night... will get that fixed tonight, that won't stress my plants out too much will it? Will get some pics up tonight to rekindle some interest... maybe you guys will see something signifying a lady :D

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So anyone wondering knows those plug in light sockets are awesome and they are the cheapest at Walmart, the first 4 I bought were $2.99 at Ace Hardware and boy was I pissed when I went to wally world....

One night of leak shouldn't be too bad just don't let happen tonight or you may have some problems... Good luck so far your cab looks good, I would get one of the 4 socket vanity fixtures and use 8 26w bulbs they have a better lumen to watt ratio

I

its just sky fi

Maybe i should just shell out for vanity fixtures... bought some ceramic magnets that i can mount with screws to adjust lights... I just need to build a drop down light fixture to go over my mother plants, and put a cage around the bulbs in the flower cab

I

its just sky fi

Much change has sweeped through my neck of the woods.... Some of the plants are looking king of sick, some yellowing on the bottom leaves, some brown spots... growth seems to be stunted somewhat. more about those plants can be found in my thread in the infirmary. linky

I thought I was severly limiting my grow by diving the chamber in half horizontally. I had 2 short heights and the light was not being used effieciently. This is the new setup. Hexagon chicken wire in a box around lights, will add a bottm and top tomorrow as well as more hooks for more pots. 3 42w 2700k ww bulbs, 3 40w cool white... reallly stoned and cant remember the temp.

top view
url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/25633farmersmarket_013.jpg]
25633farmersmarket_013-thumb.jpg
[/url]

closer to plants

will order 2 120mm intake fans soon, and then start looking at what to do for an outtake fan. In the center between the 2 power bars I plan on putting a UVB bulb at some point.... Now I just gotta figure out where

3 rows of 6 pots on the left and right walls. I could probably hang 6 more on the back wall 1 on each side of the bulbs in 3 rows.

holepunched the sidewall about 3/16" down and hung on a 7/8" "cup ring", to solve the problem about drainaige, i was thinking of rubberbanding clingwrap sandwhich bags around the bottom. Im not using the hooks yet, need to get more and then mount them all

Im gonna get some sleep got work in a few hours, I'm glad that i had a chance to work on the cabinet tonight, hopefully i will have more time soon.

T

The Sensi Rebel

hey man, im at the same skill level at you are pretty much, except a couple steps ahead.

i like your vert idea with the dr.pepper,i tried doing that with tea jugs lol.
currently, i'm running a seed-to-12/12 system, but working on clones, and honestly man, KISS. you dont need a bubbler to bubble moisture to perlite, you can just use perlite and water..but hella nice set up man, ill check it out!