What's new

T.H. Seeds Hog Strain Review

Out of 10 seeds germinated and planted on feb 10,2006. we got 6 females straight from the 12/12 cycle. Most of the phenotypes presented a christmas tree shape. Our soil mix was a generic mix of potting soil, planters mix, cow manure, and perlite. The Seeds had Medium stretch finishing between 3 to 4 feet tall. we flowered under a 1000w HPS bulb w/ co2 and climate control (no PPM)

The High from smoking is excellent even from our newely dried, non cured buds. one phenotype had a classic Sativa High (from harvesting early) that will get non regular smokers lifted after one toke. The High seems to last for a long time and it doesnt leave you incapacitated. Perfect for any daytime activity. sorry no pictures, all the bud was smoked before i got a camera....

the other phenotypes were more indica and had the couchlock buzz along w/ it. The longer it cured the more couchlock and funky smelling it got. It was def. the highest yeilder out of the 8 strains i had purchased

R.I.P. Overgrow

Last edited:
N

Neptune

Its Indica, and supposed to be pretty heavy yielding, which in my experiences is half true. The correct pheno is necessary, and there are many many subpar phenos.

Last edited:

MedUser420

I had medicine mans coveted hogsbreath pheno. It was supposed to be amazing , super potent etc etc. In reality it took almost 75 days to finish and was such a disappointment. I will never grow anything from thseeds. I bought a pack of mk ultra and the phenos were all over the place!!!! I didnt find what thseeds advertised!!!!!! F@ck Thseeds

N

Neptune

The HOG

Growing it now, and its from clone.. so I have no experience with the seedstock. It's pretty heavy looking so far, but the Pot of Gold I am growing is heavier, and better tasting..

Pot of Gold:

N

Neptune

Whats with Medicine Man's cut? Why didnt it work for you? He has reported 1.6gpw yields with it at 4 plants per square foot density in SOG... whats the deal?

MedUser420

Neptune said:
Whats with Medicine Man's cut? Why didnt it work for you? He has reported 1.6gpw yields with it at 4 plants per square foot density in SOG... whats the deal?

the yield was amazing but thats it. the only problem i had was it's average/below average potency. i wasted my time growing it 3 separate times because i thought i grew it wrong. what a waste of time and nutrients!!!!!

N

Neptune

I would not have tossed medicineman's HOG if it's true that it could yield 1.6gpw in a SOG. You know not what you have done, my son!!!

thats 2 lbs. per 600w, do you understand???!!!

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heja all
hej nep , or anyone is it possible for you to verify if its a Hog or not ?

i got this in seed form from a friend he told me its AffyxKush ....
thx

Fj

Last edited:
G

1.6 grams per watt....damn...I wonder if you could do that with a 250watter...that would be a 100 grams per plant in my 4 plant hydro cab....400grams total....that's more than I'd ever expect to yeild from any strain....low potency or not...the bubble would be fine!!!

MedUser420

Neptune said:
I would not have tossed medicineman's HOG if it's true that it could yield 1.6gpw in a SOG. You know not what you have done, my son!!!

thats 2 lbs. per 600w, do you understand???!!!

I do know what I have done. Trust me Neptune if you smoked med mans hog you'd have tossed it too, unless you enjoy smoking subpar weed.

I dont care if I got 10 pounds a damn 600w. Medmans Hog that bad.

Maybe thats why the Illuminati got him because he was trading crappy strains!!!!

its been a few weeks and the bud has cured. The buzz i was referring to before as being a sativa was just with one of the phenotypes that we smoked after it had been dried but not cured. Also, that plant was harvested early w/ no cloudy/amber trichomes. After curing the more mature phenos developed quite a funk and long lasting, Indica heavy buzz. Not as heavy of a couch lock as my lifesavers were tho. I contribute this to not having true indica phenos. their leaves were longer and as wide as a typical indica/sativa cross. Nowhere near as wide as an aurora indica

Last edited:
G

Thanks so much for the smoke report R.I.P. Overgrow! And the info on the stretch was exactly what I had searched for which led me to this thread. Now I know where to place my screen. Thanks man!!

ganjalf

Seeing the bud structure on my Hog, I find it hard to believe the Hog only contains a KushXAfghan cross.

Anyone care to guess the weight of the bud on the pic below?

showphoto.php

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking not very dense for an kush/affy cross .-
but the nug on the pic are for sure good 25 g , love the dealer´s cup ;) ...
toking now on a 4.2mm Zumo :tongue:

B

Buffoonman

I am quite suprised by some of your reports on the Hog. I was lead to believe it was one of the best strains for potency and yield. It was to be a future grow but guess I'll have to look elsewhere for the holy grail indica.

G

oddly enuff, i was jus talking to a guy about theses seeds, total disapointment, outa 15 beans i got one, piss poor female,the rest where male or herms, pure shite in my opinion, pricy too, THSEEDS WONT be getting any more of my cash & i wouldnt recommend them to anyone, BUTT, they where bought on the promise of good smoke and very reasonable harvest's from people who have grew them, soooooo, some lucky punters out there must have packets of pure gold as the rest of us got lumbered with un-magical beans, ah-well jot that down to expereince i suppose....

G

ganjalf said:
Anyone care to guess the weight of the bud on the pic below?

showphoto.php

wet or dry?

this mofo was very similar to a cricket bat, at harvest it weighed 289grms & dried to just under 2.5 oz (minus most of the wood)

Latest posts

Latest posts