What's new

T-5 Hydro Feminized Super Lemon Haze

Bud_Soldier

Hello Everyone! Long time reader first time grower. I just joined this site and i hope i make lots of friends. Here is a few pics of my grow setup let me know what you think. I will be growing Feminized Super Lemon Haze in a Recirculating GH Waterfarm bucket. Any and all advice is appreciated. The seeds are currently in rapid rooter plugs with a heat mat underneath after they root i will transfer the healthiest one to the Bucket and plant the rest in dirt. Right now i am running a 2 foot 4 bulb T5 with blue spectrum bulbs but i am upgrading to an 8 bulb T-5 in 2 weeks. I bought the entire line of GH Nutrients except for the blooming ferts i will buy those close to flower. Well thats all for now hope to hear from all of you!

Attachments

• photo (23).jpg
    photo (23).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 12
  • photo (20).jpg
    photo (20).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 11
  • photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 12
  • photo (31).jpg
    photo (31).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 12

Bud_Soldier

Here are some more pics. Still don't have a TDS Meter until this next Friday. I doubt the seeds will sprout and grow big enough before Friday so i shouldn't have any problems. Thanks for viewing

Attachments

• photo (28).jpg
    photo (28).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 15
  • photo (25).jpg
    photo (25).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9
  • photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 13
  • a bud gathering
    a bud gathering
    121.7 KB · Views: 30

Bud_Soldier

About 2 days in the rapid rooter plugs and the seeds have already broke the surface ill post pics tomorrow. If anyone could give me some advice on how long to keep the seedling in the rapid rooter before i put it in the GH Waterfarm recirculating bucket please let me know. And also should i fertilize while there in the rapid rooters or just wait until its in the bucket. Any responses are appreciated thanks!

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
There's really no set time of when to transplant them. I reduce humidity when the cotyledons (first set of roundish looking leaves) are out of the soil, and then transplant when those open up and I begin to see the first set of serrated leaves emerging.

Don't fertilize anytime soon. Wait 1-2 weeks or until the 2nd set of serrated leaves are out.

Bud_Soldier

Thanks for the advice. Thats what ill go with. They have high humidity right now but they are about to open up leaves, once they do ill remove the humidity dome. No fertilizing for 1-2 weeks in the Recirculating bucket?

Bud_Soldier

Ok thanks for the advice, full light, full nutes, so therefore im assuming that once i transplant the rapid rooter to the waterfarm bucket it starts to receive the recommended level of nutrients for the seedling stage? 2 weeks with light and no nutrients seems like it might hurt more than it helps. Any thoughts?

Bud_Soldier

This is just short of 3 days and they are already almost opened up

Attachments

• photo (18).jpg
    photo (18).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
  • photo (17).jpg
    photo (17).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 10
  • photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 14
  • photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 11

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for my little ones I use RO water and about 200ppm or so with a .5 conversion. When they start to need more I bump them up. You can grow them in those RR for a couple of weeks even and drop them in waterfarms. Less is always more with nutes IMO. I've never had any problems starting out like this. If you are using tap water then they could probably last a couple of weeks.

Bud_Soldier

Right now i am watering the RR with tap water and im switching to distilled water. Its nice to hear that i can keep them in the RR for a week or so without fertilizing. i DON'T Want to over do it with fertilizer so ill keep my fertilizing schedule on the less is more. Thanks for the advice. I will post more pics later tonight. .

Bud_Soldier

Here is a picture of the SLH that first opened up after just 3 days. Going to keep the seedlings in the Rapid Rooters for about a week.

Attachments

• photo (19).jpg
    photo (19).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 12

Bud_Soldier

Ok tell me what you think and when you would transplant the Rapid Rooter to the GH Waterfarm Recirculating bucket.

Attachments

• photo (20).jpg
    photo (20).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 13
  • photo (21).jpg
    photo (21).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 12
  • photo (22).jpg
    photo (22).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 9

fatigues

Veteran
Does anyone have any suggestions for me. Anything would be appreciated thanks.

*winces*

Uhm. Okay, I'll bite, but I somehow doubt the comment will be appreciated, but here goes...

Everything about your grow seems pretty great...except for the lights, that is.

Switching to PL-Ls (flourescent), a 250watt/400w CMH or even 2x250 HPS would seem to do the rest of your setup far more justice.

Upgrading to more T5's? *ouch* You would get VASTLY better results using an HID. Even PL-L lights (if for some reason you have some HID concerns which are not clear) would be an improvement and should give you better yields, quicker and more satisfying results along the way and just, in general, allow you to have more fun with the hobby.

Is there a reason you've gone the T5 route and seemed determined to continue with it?

Bud_Soldier

Well right now im running this setup in a fairly nice sized closet 5x6 and a height of about 7-8 foot. This week im constructing a grow box with IR Block and the lumber from home depot. A simple wooden frame and i will nail or screw the IR Block to the frame. I dont want heat to become an issue and since this entire grow is going to be inside a room that will have to stay locked all day its impractical for me to run an HID. I was interested in purchasing a 8 Bulb T-5 and train my plant the LST method to maximize results for this Sativa plant. Any thoughts on this? The HID is a great idea but like i said the room stays locked all day and any serious heat buildup would cause issues. Thanks for your advice fatigues i DO appreciate all advice this is my first grow.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd go with those 300w cfl's for your flowering (also available at home depot) if heat is a concern and HPS is out of the question. Just make sure your ventilation is good. I have SLH also, good luck!

G

gogoplata420

*quietly chanting* HID! HID! HID! HID!

do it mang... just do it

Bud_Soldier

Hey cobcoop could you provide a link to that 300 watt CFL and what are the advantages of the 300 watt vs T5? How is your SLH doing? What type of hydro are you running? Thanks
gogoplata420 I wish I could run HID but maybe in 6 months I can do something like that

swarrrm

I'm curious to see how these turn out on a T-5. I wouldn't try it myself and I'd definitely upgrade lighting if you can get them to flowering.