What's new

Synthetic Cannabinoids and Terpenes

HUGE

Veteran
If skunkman was so into the terpenes. Why did he choose skunk as his terpene if chois?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, a thread partly about synthetic cannabinoids with no flaming or name calling.

I've tried about two dozen of the synthetics. I found nothing missing or lacking with the JWH-018 high. It is as good or better than any actual cannabis I've tried. The only downside is the short duration. A 1 mg oral dose lasts about 90 minutes for me.

It goes well with actual cannabis too. I've been meaning to try some experiments with JWH-018 and individual terpenes like limonene to see how the terpenes affect the overall experience.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you purchase food grade synthetic terpenes anywhere?

Limonene is easy to find online. I still have some leftover from a chemistry experiment a few years ago. I've seen others like pinene for sale too. They aren't controlled substances. Just search for whatever you're interested in and you'll probably find it.

vapeking

done some searching and it seems limonene is fairly easy to find, but can't find mycerne and other terpenes found in cannabis.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
vapeking you want pure standards grade terps. The limonene you can find cheap online is not pure, and you don't know what the other components are.... most of the d-limonene you can find is meant as a cleaning agent so I would be concerned with the terp purity and what the other remaining %'s are.

As far as Sam in this thread, I highly doubt it will happen. You start off the premise of the thread with a falsehood, that Sam ever worked for the DEA, which is quite an insulting proposition to someone who has done the work that Sam has done during his lifetime.

Sure, Sam as a researcher, has legally supplied seeds to researchers in the US that have held DEA permits for importing genetics (this info is public domain), but Sam has never had a DEA permit. He has worked in Holland, where the Dutch government gave him permission to do his work and research, but to mention involvement the DEA or assume that the DEA was involved in gaining such permits is a highly US-centric nad quite frankly a ridiculous perspective.

Using SWIM to give distance to such claims is a rude red-herring, and in my perspective knowing the man, I can only say that SWYN is full of shit and doesn't understand the claims being made or truth behind the story. I would suggest you not trust their judgement or take their word as fact, because clearly they are missing the picture and printing falsehoods.

I know Sam personally and have tested some of the terpenes with him in conjunction with high-THC/low monoterpene extracts and although this is not the same as using the pure THC, I have done the pure CBD, and multiple terps myself (some with Sam and others from our own laboratory) and the results are revealing.

What is without question is that Sam is a true pioneer in this field of terpene research, and understanding that it is the terps that play a role in colouring the quality of the high. He has commented on this multiple times on IC, so if you look around you can find his perspective if you read through his posts on the subject.

It's a shame that your posts infer Sam's involvement with the DEA, because with that falsehood you yourself create a situation where it's unpleasant for him to come into your thread to contribute, because he has had to live with this lie about him for years that is repeated over and over again by people that have no clue of the truth.

The truth of the matter is that he has done more than anyone I know to share cannabis genetics and make seeds available for dissemination around the world, and truly laid the basis for medical cannabis globally when everyone else was just thinking about getting high.

I hope considering what you now have been told, you'll go back and remove the lie about the DEA being involved from your posts, so you don't further sully this man's reputation by being part of spreading what is truly false as if it were fact.

-Chimera

vapeking

We have a lab in California and are working on preserving the terpenes for Co2 extracts post winterization. Just curious is if there was anywhere to buy food grade terpenes, like I said haven't really found any though.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
done some searching and it seems limonene is fairly easy to find, but can't find mycerne and other terpenes found in cannabis.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/w276200?lang=en&region=US

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/147524?lang=en&region=US

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/402753?lang=en&region=US

I haven't ordered from them, but it doesn't look difficult. Google "mycerne price", "pinene price" or whatever terpene you're looking for.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope considering what you now have been told, you'll go back and remove the lie about the DEA being involved from your posts, so you don't further sully this man's reputation by being part of spreading what is truly false as if it were fact.

-Chimera

The person who posted that hasn't been in this thread since 2010. Maybe it was just a mistake and not an attempt to discredit anyone's reputation.

I would love to hear from Sam or anyone else who has experience with this. How do terpenes affect the quality of the highs with synthetic cannabinoids? Do they work the same way with the JWH compounds as they do with THC?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
M314:

any idea how big their "sample" packs are...
I send an email, but curious if you would know.

I haven't actually ordered from them. I might try at some point if I try my own terpene experiments. So far I've only tried limonene added to bud in a vaporizer. All I can say for sure is that it gave me the most lemony / orange tasting vape hits I've ever had.

Madjag

Veteran
Any idea how terpenes react to cannabis-in-a-bottle cure over many months? Degradation by much?

Perhaps they convert to other forms and help stabilize other primary cannabinoids. Sam, any research in this area by you or your team?