What's new

Synth to Organic switch over talk and pics

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Yes stinging nettle is one type of nettle. Bothers the hell out of me as well. But there are others.
Edit: Liking the look of the LOG more and more, many visual ques that are similar to my bridgeton og.

Slipnot

Going no till or just amending soil when going organic is just that organic there is no one better way then the other, Not one ??? weeds ??? weeds will grow in both methods cover crops ??? again most cover crops are winter crops usually if you have enough foilage your cover crop will in deed die with no sunlight
So where does it really end ??? a slow top dress of green mulches that slowly decompose where in reality ?? with out insects your hooped allowing slow leaching of nutrients into the soil and a real slow buildng soil process in which time your plant will easily deplete soil before it naturally refurbishes it self
Hence TEA's
Sad truth is were still in the infant stage of understanding what really is happening in the soil food web and what microbes really do what
There are many benefits going till and or no till Organics is all about sustainability using carbon based products from your geological area not add bat guano, or this or that

That is the problem today for instance i just recently transplanted into the ground my out door plant ,, with my compost soil home made live,, I dumped 200 gallons in my area and left it be once plant was sexed it was time to transplant .. guess what i did not add any worms but when i dug my hole to transplant there were hundreds of worms there that naturally took it upon them selfs to call my soil home
Lets see how she does this year 5 week old from germination water only No teas no Ferts
A simple soil recipe with proper 2 - 1 carbon ratio

Things we have to understand is even when we go organic indoor ?? are we really 100 percent organic ?? we may have to rethink it when looking at soil food web many tend to forget the other important contributors Insects nematodes and Beatles,as well as many other species of insects we strive on only one aspect micro life yet erase what true mother nature does.

Attachments

• IMG3691.jpg
    IMG3691.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 15
  • soil.jpg
    soil.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 14

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The tea just caught fire

The tea just caught fire

This tea just caught fire... It was pretty tame as of this morning, but she's on fire now.

The purpose of this particular brew is for both vigorous biological inoculation of the soil as well as to provide a good, wide spectrum of nutrient sources.

picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MileHigh, this was a rich brew. A handful of fresh compost as well as some molasses and these three ingredients. The remaining stuff in the bag will be added to my compost. The bag on the left is just Kelp meal.

picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The difference 12 hours makes in an active tea.

Top is this morning, the bottom pic was from yesterday afternoon.

picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On another note, a very exciting note for me, personally... We are just a few hours away from being able to start smoking 100% biologically-grown herbs again. It's been some years since I could say that, and back then the understanding about "organics" indoors was rather lean and underdeveloped. I'm so stoked about this new chapter, which begins in a matter of just a few hours! Chem D and Legend OG will be harvested over the next few days. These Legends are looking MEAN!!! Grrr! The Chem Ds are looking insanely delicious, as well. ;) Soon come. Soon!

MileHighGlass

MileHigh, this was a rich brew. A handful of fresh compost as well as some molasses and these three ingredients. The remaining stuff in the bag will be added to my compost. The bag on the left is just Kelp meal.

View Image

Those ingredients are turning it into more of a nutrient tea than an AACT. Not that it's going to be bad, but with the addition of those, microbial growth could be stifled some.

The only way to know is to scope every tea. I am sure your plants will love it, but if you are trying for maximum microbes those are not the ingredients to use.

You can get a basic recipe from microbe man's website. I personally use a brewer I designed, and use to sell commercially. So my recipe isn't going to work the same in another setup.

Although I still have about 1200 containers for brewers sitting in my warehouse. My wife keeps bugging me to sell them, and I just can't let them go. :)

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, more for getting broken down organic particulate into the soil. I don't have a microscope yet, but I'm stoked to get it! :) Much fun and education.

sianhan

I'd just like to say I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. I am considering this move myself been using bottles for five years now. Thing is with bottles you never really know what's in them. I just look the food we eat, in any supermarket look on the back of the packets and you'll see all sorts of crazy shit in the ingredients and the food industry is heavily regulated.
I know precious little about organics though so this is a very educating read for me thank you.
Also you quys are talking in lamens terms which I can understand.Far to many organic thread become too technical to quickly.
Keep up the good work Crazy C

Stinkymutt

I wish I had taken before and after pics but for about 2 1/2 weeks now I have fed both indoor and outdoor (container) plants with tea made from worm castings , composted cow manure , Kelp and a Mychrozea (which ever way you spell it) inoculant that also has good bacteria in it. For my indoor plants that I just flipped to 12 12 I added fish bone meal to it as well . My indoor plants were suffering from a deficiency and just werent healthy . So i was slowly trying to get them right before I flipped lights but they got pretty big all the same. I fed them tea 2 times and they are now a vibrant green and the purpleing stems are no more . I have one major dellima now though , they shot up badly but in a healthy way . My outdoor plants have just started to really come around and are now looking nice as well. I forgot that I actually do have before pics but they are with light on which make yellowing even more noticeable , Ill get pics downloaded asap . But many thanks for CC kinda pushing me to the greener side of Growing !!! Now Im hoping I can keep it going all through flower ?
peace
mutt

Last edited: