What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Switzerland legalizes growing at home

Cheerful

RIGHTTT ONN! ! ! ! Congrats SWITZERLAND!!!

Below is the text from the above link in OP:

Someone out there is finally getting it.

In order to combat the increasing illegal sales of cannabis in Switzerland, four of the seven French-speaking Swiss cantons (similar to states in the U.S.) will be allowing individuals to grow four cannabis plants at their home, starting in January 2012. The cannabis is only authorized for personal use and cannot be sold.

The cantons involved are Geneva, Neuchatel, Vaud (Lausanne) and Fribourg, according to this article (in French, see translation here). People can apply for permits to grow more than four plants.

We here at The 420 Times fully expect this new law to reduce crime and police expenses in Switzerland, and everywhere else this kind of progressive thinking comes to pass.

If four plants sounds a bit restrictive, remember two things: first, it’s still illegal to do this in most of the world (thanks to U.S. government intervention in everyone else’s business) and second, a properly done grow can yield some pretty spectacular results:

L

LouDog420

Hmm, and the swiss have some killer mountains :blowbubbles:

Now I just need me a visa, but preferably a sexy swiss lady ;)

U

Ultra Current

I've always loved swtizerland! Now a reason to go there more often!

Mister_D

Veteran
Awesome, way to go switzerland! Now if only the rest of the world would pull their heads from their collective asses and follow suit.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
THIS SHOULD MAKE THE DEA WETT THIER PANTS AND KICK AND SCREAM ABOUT HOW THE SWISS ARE UNDERCUTTING THE WAR ON DRUG'S LOL HELL WE'RE AFTER THEM FOR THEIR BANKING LAWS, SO NOW CONGRESS CAN SCREAM ABOUT WEED IN SWITZERLAND RATHER THAN JOBS AT HOME. ASSHOLES

G

guest86120975

This is the approach that I have been advocating for states, but no one has ever listened to me. Ban sales, but allow for home growing. But since everything, and I do mean everything is attached to the almighty dollar here, fuhgetaboutit

C

cannarelief

Good for them!! such a beautiful country to imbibe in too!!

Whatever happened in the 90's?? I think I remember huge FARMS on cannabis and "spice" pillows being sold legally..was it not legal there once before?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'it’s still illegal to do this in most of the world (thanks to U.S. government intervention in everyone else’s business)'

I just recently learned that the world prohibition of pot is directly from US imposing it's laws on others. I guess they thought we were smarter than everybody as we had more money and military. The pot thing is coming to an end and the money, power supremacy thing with the US is also.

Enough with that^^ Hurray for Switzerland!:dance013:

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
A wise decision, home growers do not harm at all no matter whats your take on 'drugs'.
So sad we live so close and our situation is a nightmare...

Peace

=K