What's new

Swiss Erdbeer

wdcf

Sorry for a redundant post........ but what is the genetic make up behind swiss erdbeer? and which gave contributor gave it, its purple pigment?

Thanks
~WDCF

Seismic

Thanks for the link bomhempian, it took me a while to find info on pure erdbeer. Got a couple Erdbeer #2 seedlings from Knospe going. Here's hoping for a nice strawberry gal:biggrin:

They definitely have a nice purple hue starting to form on the leaf undersides.

Seismic

In case anyone is interested, here are a couple update shots of the erdbeer's, somewhere around week 2 of flower. Will update again at the end of flower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Nice shots Seismic! :)

i dont know if erdbeer is pure afghani, its said to be 80%.
(...)
"the Erdbeer is an industrial strain bread to flower quickly be moldresistant and machine harvestable ( hance the literaly rock hard buds ). It is said to be bread as a school project at a swiss university to create the perfect swiss industrial ganja. Some seeds somehow got lost."
(...)

From my little experience Erdbeer could be 100% Afghani but this does not it preclude to be sativa!
I mean it could came from Mazar i shariff, the special breeder place where i think hashplants Kafiristanicans was bred with sativas from South Asia arrived in India etc a long long time ago.

In fact i found a MIS specimen in 2009 from RSC who has a sweet sweet wild strawberries gum aroma. The specimen was giant outdoor like a sativa but also both thin and large leaves throughout grow. A big big stretch and long long flowering time with dense and high trichs content who caused very low resistance to moisture.
All that to say that i think Erdbeer could simply be a Swiss acclimatization of Mazar i shariff genetic!?

About purple i saw it with my F2s leaves with cold conditions. Here is two onebuds in the same small pot :

F2s +85
picture.php

Mom ends indoor +100
picture.php

Mom apex without, outdoor 2009 pregnancy, mid flowering, end October
picture.php

Humbly i hope it helps understanding Erdbeer n' all Afghani genetics! Vibes bro Esbe :)

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Was reading about these last night.. Interesting genes. I wonder how they'd do in California.... Hhhhmmmmm....

bigbag

Veteran
love everything about erdbeer... 'cept the mild buzz. needs 2 b x'd with something really strong and it'd b a killer strain

Seismic

Yeah, that's what I have been hearing about erdbeer as well, with it having a mild buzz. I am going to probably be making a couple crosses with these erdbeers as the moms. Going to cross out to ErdbeerxLebanon and to herijuana, so I am thinking the heri cross should add a bit of power to the erdbeer.

Time will tell I suppose.

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everybody :tiphat:,

I´ve just a few pictures of two Erdbeer S1 plants from Helvetic Seeds cultivated in 2014, sorry the quality is not the best....
One was grown in the garden, the other one was at a guerilla spot.

Imho it is a very nice strain, like previous users already said it has pretty hard and dense inflorescences formation but is still quite mold resitant.

While not being overly potent it has a, at least for me, nice happy mood enhancing, flowing high with hardly a sedative or dense heavy effect like some dutch skunk/afghan cultivars.

But the quality of smell and aroma is what I like the most about Erdbeer.
It indeed reminds me of strawberry yoghurt with hints of oranges, very delicate ! :)
I can understand now why it is so famous in switzerland

Attachments

• CIMG0338.jpg
    CIMG0338.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 115
  • CIMG0330.jpg
    CIMG0330.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 127
  • CIMG0266.jpg
    CIMG0266.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 101
  • CIMG0264.jpg
    CIMG0264.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I recently picked up some Strawberry Creme beans from a S. California breeder and am curious if anyone else has any experience with this strain and/or the finished product (flower).

Strawberry Creme— (Swiss Sativa Erdberri (Swiss for Strawberry) x Legend seeds Johnny Blaze (Blueberry haze) x Swiss Sativa Erdberri) (Mostly Sativa) F 1's

I can't believe nobody here has this strain or any experience with it. This 65 day swiss SATIVA is a phenom. Anyway, I guess my shelf competition here in Oregon will be nil------

Yodaweed

I grew erdbeer x blueberry, like these other people said, great tasting strain but kinda lacked on potency. Had like a sweet strawberry/blueberry flavor. Seed maker was World of Seeds .

This is the unique reddish hue early early flower. So pretty! And already smells of sweet berries

And I'm thinking that there won't be any issues whatsoever with potency. It's so young yet it's hard to say. . . .

bigbadbiddy

Was the strawberry smell and taste very pronounced for any of you?

I sampled a few strawberry variants like strawberry haze in dutch coffeeshops and there was always only the faintest hint of strawberry in the smell that could have come from fermenting the herb with a strawberry blunt wrap if you ask me.

Never experienced actual pronounced, strong taste and smell of any kind in terms of fruity stuff.

Will grow some Blueberry soon and see if I can find something that is noticeably fruity...

This stuff smells like you just stuck your nose into a square of fresh strawberries from a farmers market. I am actually blown away at how specifically STRAWBERRY it smells .. Red buds too.

I have yet to finish the flowering process, so I can actually smoke some---- but things are seemingly promising after getting a wiff and seeing the reddish colorings, I am super excited!! I have grown maybe 150 strains and never seen that red of a flower or smelled anything that precise in relationship to the actual strawberry. Simply amazing. The closest thing I can relate is the lemony odor and flavor of the terps of the lemon skunk plant----and how specific that is to a lemon. But this beats that by FAR

Plus a big yielding Sativa the finishes in 65-70 days?! wow

Last edited: