What's new

Sweet

nnep

Sweet by Botanicare

I've seen this mentioned a few places, if there is already a thread feel free to delete this, however with the brand new nute subforum i figured we could get some good discussion.

Basically this is a supplement that claims to enhance flavor and aroma, i've been tempted to buy it from it's flash packaging and premise before but held off. Has anyone used this before? What were the results? Was there an increase in aroma/flavor?

If there has been little research i think i may be the first guinea pig :D

B

BURNING SKY

I have used Sweet Berry for all my grows and have loved it. A friend of mine told me that the Citrus and there new Grape line dont offer the humic acids and fulvics the berry does. Also heard that the citrus sweet doesnt work with cannabis not being able to metabolize as quickly. I say bullshit... I have used all three of the sweets now and have been impressed with them all. Berry by far was the best simply because I started on it. Anyway long story short it works great the taste and smell of well cured buds is outstanding. As for the citrus I found this to really inhance flavor and aroma for my long term equitorial sativas. Also have to say that my C-99 mom likes the citrus better and I do also on the end results more than the others. The best part of growing is falling on your face and then not doing the same mistake twice. enjoy I hope this helped and experiment with them and you will not be disapointed... Burning Sky

Anyone compared using just molasses vs. Sweet ?

going to do the test myself in a few months, but I'm wondering if someone already did it.. maybe save me the time.

nnep

I have used Sweet Berry for all my grows and have loved it. A friend of mine told me that the Citrus and there new Grape line dont offer the humic acids and fulvics the berry does. Also heard that the citrus sweet doesnt work with cannabis not being able to metabolize as quickly. I say bullshit... I have used all three of the sweets now and have been impressed with them all. Berry by far was the best simply because I started on it. Anyway long story short it works great the taste and smell of well cured buds is outstanding. As for the citrus I found this to really inhance flavor and aroma for my long term equitorial sativas. Also have to say that my C-99 mom likes the citrus better and I do also on the end results more than the others. The best part of growing is falling on your face and then not doing the same mistake twice. enjoy I hope this helped and experiment with them and you will not be disapointed... Burning Sky

Thanks for this, interesting indeed. Makes me very interested, anyone else?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I've just started using sweet. Been a long time user of Sugar Daddy and was very happy with it, but got some freebie sweet from the local shop so I'll give it a go. I did use molasses v/ sugar daddy and it looked as if the plants getting the molasses did not do as well.

D

dongle69

I was talking with some of the people at Botanicare and they said that the "flavors" are just scents for the benefit of human noses smelling the bottles.
They don't actually impart any berry, grape, or citrus flavor to plants.
All have the same ingredients with different labels and scents.
GH told me the same thing about their sweeteners.
The products will help enhance the natural aroma of plants, but don't think your weed will taste like berries or pineapples because of this stuff.
The benefits you get are from the carbs, magnesium, and sufur.

hashit

I believe "sweet" supplements and molasses work as a great chelating (nutrient binding) agent for all stages of growth, thus getting bigger and tastier buds. Also a good source of calcium and magnesium. I'd rather go with the blackstrap unsulfered molasses you can find for $3 at walmart than purchasing any "Sweet" products at hydro stores.

EDIT: Good read: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=94653

M

milehighmedical

I've used Sweet for a long time and always been really happy with it. It's a minor expense compared to a lot of other stuff I play around with on my grows. I agree with Dongle on them all being the same, it kind of discredits them a bit. But it is a solid product and if you only want to use one supplement, this is what I'd recommend. I've noticed trichome production increase every time I've used it. Earlier and heavier. Good stuff.

hilbie

botanicare is largely full of shit, look at their organicare line, the grow nute is less organic then pure blend pro, the booster is just liquid karma with a new label, i mean they label a product organicare thats not even organic? and buying sweet is a waste of money, just by some molasses and save money and also eat it yourself becuase it is after all mostly minerals, u aint eating no sweet im sure of that. most growers out there could just as easily add dolimte lime to there mediums and run miracle grow and be right on par with gh nutes, botanicares,g and h, and advanced nutrients, its all the same crap-