What's new

Sweet Pink Grapefruit (600W, Growlab 120)

indicameds

Rep left... I hope you get the ones with nute probs sorted out. Other than that the grow is lookin fuckin great. The LST you did really helped fill the canopy.. How are you liking the grow lab? I just ordered the gl60 for a new mother chamber and a gl80 for a head stash tent and gl120 for some SOG mersh grows. Im book markin the thread and pullin up a seat if you dont mind.. Stay high..

I really like the grow tents. This grow is in my bedroom so light cycles would be impossible without a tent. At night, humidity does become somewhat of a problem in the cramped space so good ventilation is a must. Overall I would recommend the growlabs for sure.

DankSide

I really like the grow tents. This grow is in my bedroom so light cycles would be impossible without a tent. At night, humidity does become somewhat of a problem in the cramped space so good ventilation is a must. Overall I would recommend the growlabs for sure.

^^^agreed for sure. The growlabs come pretty much 96% light proof. all you need to make it so you can use it in any room is some electrical tape and 90 degree PVC pipes. Go ahead, put it in your kitchen and cook pancakes at midnight by it with kitchen lights on, your plants won't know you're there.

Are the stems red or darkening? Could be a sign of P deficiency, but either caused by lockout or not enough P. Sometimes the day after a good flush they will come back around on you, I'm curious to see more.

What are your temps like in there and what exhaust fan are you running? I will be planning my own in a bit.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
There is dolomite lime in there hempluvr, and I always pH adjust before watering. Water still runs off at 6.0, or lower, which I don't think is very good.

Doktoren, I wouldnt take any of my comments about smell or taste very seriously. I have a TERRIBLE sense of smell and can really only smell very strong smells.

I thought lime might have enough cal/mag, but maybe I will have to add another supplement to the mix

420chef- Im just like you, I tend to get really stressed when they don't look perfect. Guess I just need to smoke a bowl, relax, and wait to see what happens. IMO my bud still turned out really well last time and the last plants were way more burnt

I haven't noticed to much new decay since the flush, but tis hard to tell. The buds have swelled noticeably over the last few days for sure. I'll put up some pics in the next few days.

Thanks for all the help guys

Fox Farm uses seashells and very little lime to help with ph. Along with woodchips as well. Adding more lime not only gives more cal and mag but helps aid. Since adding more lime I have not had to adjust my ph at all. But sometimes(depending on strain) I have to add some cal-mag plus to one or 2 waterings. Stuff works great and almost instantly. :2cents:

Dank Soil- some stem are a little red, which could be a deficiency. Krunchbubble said this strain turns purple so it could also be genetics. Or maybe genetics and deficiency.

The temp ranges from 55-75. I run 188cfm exhaust fan, and the tent is roughly 104 cf. Humidity gets higher than I would like at night(~75), so I have been thinking about getting more exhaust for night. But my area seems pretty humid to start with so I am not sure how much that would help. I really need a dehumidifier but haven't bought one yet.

Hempluvr- I wasn't even aware FF uses lime. What I meant earlier was that I added supplemental dolomite to the soil. I don't remember exactly how much though, I probably followed the dosage in Jorge Cervantes book so I can look it up easily. I'll have to try some cal-mag to see if it helps.

More pics coming tomorrow

DankSide

DankSide - some stem are a little red, which could be a deficiency. Krunchbubble said this strain turns purple so it could also be genetics. Or maybe genetics and deficiency.

The temp ranges from 55-75. I run 188cfm exhaust fan, and the tent is roughly 104 cf. Humidity gets higher than I would like at night(~75), so I have been thinking about getting more exhaust for night. But my area seems pretty humid to start with so I am not sure how much that would help. I really need a dehumidifier but haven't bought one yet.

More pics coming tomorrow

Do you have a small fan on the inside anywhere? I'm guessing you could lower humidity by at least 5-10% by running a small clip on fan or a couple cpu fans blowing 24/7 around the top.

188 cfm? thats about the stats of a 4' High output can fan. What size are you using if you don't mind me asking? I was always under the impression you would need at least a 6 inch exhaust fan to take care of the heat of a 600.

Most likely if you are seeing stems turn red on the very top or the bottom up it is linked to P deficiency, from what I've read you are already taking the appropriate steps.

There is a circ fan running 24/7. The exhaust is a 6" hydrofarm fan that runs 24/7 as well.

The flush didn't really do anything in my opinion. The small plant has started to show a few random fucked up leaves here or there. The deficiency or whatever it is also has started to effect some of the trim leaves so I am getting very frustrated, hopefully it doesn't mess up my buds too much.

This has to be some sort of pH trouble resulting in a lockout. My water is always pH adjusted, and I added dolomite lime to the soil, but water always comes out VERY acidic, and I dont know why. I can find a separate leaf that that would be a prime example for any deficiency in the book.

Anyway, here are some pics of my torture victims
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Look at those red stems! ^^^^

The HPS does a good job of hiding my black thumb, I'll take some pics in natural light when I get a chance

BTW the plants are really starting to smell, I love it!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Totally normal red stems, all my Sweet Tooth 4 which is mostly SPG always had red/purple stems and if you look at very early pictures of your plants your SPG has red stems, the only time that might actually go away would be in hydro and even then it usually is still somewhat there it's just a genetic thing..your buds DO look good. Good luck man, might try different ferts next time & you can't go wrong with GH 3 part & lucas 8 ml micro/16 ml bloom formula for flowering. The GH Flora Nova line grows even bigger juicier plants than the 3 part flora series imo but you can't really tweak it as much and PH is less stable.

Ill look into the GH nutes. All I know is that I will not be using fox farm. I am thinking about trying well amended soil with teas, but I have not decided on anything at the moment. Ya I had red stems on the plants last run as well, and those don't bug me nearly as much as burnt leaves.

Thanks for the comments!

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good thinking, some of the most experienced growers with the best buds insist on that GH flora series 3 part. You seriously cannot go wrong with it. It's what NASA uses after all lol

I keep seeing grow after grow in soil and people getting burned up leaves with FF nutes. I think it has something to do with the ratios being out of wack. And some strains are just far more sensitive it seems.

Their 3 part bloom booster works wonders though..the Open Sesame, Beastie Budz, & Cha-Ching. I have seen some monster buds with great resin from people using that 3 stage bloom pack.

Here are pics of the most burnt plant.

picture.php

picture.php

What do you guys think about these little popcorn buds. Will more energy be available to larger buds if tiny branches are removed, or do you guys usually just leave them be? I trimmed a few of the tiniest ones weeks ago and I am leaving the rest; probably for use in BHO.
picture.php

Here is the smallest plant. A few hairs are turning orange here and there. There is also some color change that for once doesn't look like its the result of some nute/pH problem.

picture.php

picture.php

SOTF420-
Is the lucas formula a dosage guide for the GH series? I never understood exactly what that meant. I'll do some more research on those Different GH series, they sound pretty good. Do you prefer the Flora or Flora Nova Series? Any comments on the Floralicious series? I never tried those dried FF products, only the liquid nutes

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Lucas formula has been tweaked by some over the years to include some Cal Mag if needed. It's basically 8 ml of micro formula and 16 ml of bloom formula (a 1 to 2 ratio) using the GH 3 part flora series during flowering. No "Grow" part (green) is used. This is very close to being ideal ratio wise for many strains and encourages a very high calyx to leaf ratio with minimal leaf growth, just a few big fan leaves basically on donkey dicks.

Many people find that using the lucas formula they are able to signifigantly increase their yields. I have heard of people going from getting 1/lb per 1k watts to nearly double with the lucas formula, obviously it's very situation dependent. It also works alot better in hydro set-ups or coir. I recommend drip systems that stay on the whole time the lights are running as they are constantly flushing the medium out while providing fresh nutes. You can also do this by hand watering coir in pot or buckets a few times per day by hand.

If I was you, I would go with the 3 part Flora series to start, it's the cleanest & most pure line of nutes on the planet basically with no need for tons off additives and extras. Everything is in there and the 1/1/1 ratio grows fantastic healthy plants in veg and is great for clones too at like 400 ppm or so strength. Later on you can experiment once you get everything dialed in. The Floralicious is not really a nutrient "series" but grow & flowering supplements as far as I know.

The Flora Nova line is a 2 part which is really great as well and is a hybrid organic/chemical mix and would be my first choice in soil.

T

tribeca

Everything looks great.Hate you have a ph problem going.With your humidity being that high you need to circulate more air and of course exchange stale air for fresh air.I had the same problem in a greenhouse sometime back and all I could figure was the protekt silica was raising my phFlushed real hard then came back and used the silica as a ph up rather than a additive and the problem went away for me.I agree with the purple and red stems to a degree but as I look at the leafs that these colord stems are attached to, I would say next time you take clones and they root, keep them as healthy as possible before going into floweringIf you have any leaves that are yellowing hit with a dosage of calmag.I use floranova bloom for veg to flowering.I go 5ml. FN,5ml. Calmag in veg.If everything is healthy and green in veg I might alternate not using the calmag but every other time.All of this is done in coco and promix Bx soil with worm casting added as well as humus and some plant success grandular.In flowering I go 6ml.FN +5ml calmag the first feeding then 15 ml FF Big Bloom the next and I hit them with 5ml. of liquid koolbloom every week.I never water the entire pot.I only water or feed at the base of the plant until the roots get establish.Hope this help.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
things are looking better! they look like they are going to do the purple thing with those leaves starting to turn. buds look great though!

hit me up, ill give you a perfect medium, nutrient program so nothing like this will happen again..

SOTF420- Thanks for all the info on GH nutes. I need to do some more research but Lucas Formula is sounding pretty effective and easy enough.

Tribeca- Thanks for the input. I am planning on adding another 8" exhaust fan to see if that improves my situation. I think circulation is pretty good in there but I might upgrade to a revolving fan for more random air flow. I think I need to do some reading on cal mag as well. I always figured the dolomite would take care of that for me, but maybe I did not use enough. I still don't know exactly why my runoff pH is so low with pH adjusted water and dolomite.

Krunch- I would be VERY interested to try your medium and nute lineup. I think I am starting the next grow in early January so I'll talk to you more about that in a couple of weeks

E.C Hope- I flushed hoping it could help these pH/nutrient issues. I still fed one or two times after that though so it was not the final flush. I fed today and am thinking it may be the last feeding. More pistils keep turning brown and there should be roughly 2 weeks left.

The smell is also very different when the more mature buds are disturbed. My brother says they smell very sweet and grapefruity when he touched the buds.

The buds seem to get larger by the day. I'll have some updated pictures coming in the next few days.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are very welcome, SPG is such an awesome strain, can't wait to see your finished buds man. The buzz is going to be wonderful. :joint:

I'll try to put up some new pictures today. Its been busy at school in the past week.

The ladies don't look like they are burning too much more. Half or more of the pistils are turning orange and the smallest plant is turning a little purple. Trichomes seems like they are mostly white with some clear ones here and there. My plan is to cut them down in about 10 days.

Latest posts

Latest posts